Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2013, 05:47 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by raubre View Post
If you are that distracted, I don't see why you can't just brush it off and get back to her when you can. If it's a real emergency, I'm sure she'd let you know. If there was an emergency and you have her blocked, you may regret it.

if its a real emergency someone can get me through facebook.

The purpose of the phone block is to prevent the reminder that my dating life needs work

Old 03-07-2013, 06:24 AM

819 posts, read 1,591,789 times
Yes, Facebook is the first place I go when there is an emergency! Very good thinking on your part.

Old 03-07-2013, 06:51 AM

4,275 posts, read 7,627,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
if its a real emergency someone can get me through facebook.

The purpose of the phone block is to prevent the reminder that my dating life needs work
Facebook isn't very reliable. They have so many glitches and issues.

Dude, I know you're 38. You are very immature and you need to grow up instead of making excuses.

You will lose your mother because her selfish son cares more about baiting in a younger woman who is not bright enough to see he is a loser that only cares for himself and his fading looks.

Old 03-07-2013, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachyMJ View Post
Yes, Facebook is the first place I go when there is an emergency! Very good thinking on your part.

Facebook is always the last option for her to contact me if she can't get through on either phone line.

Old 03-07-2013, 07:18 AM

Quote:

Dude, I know you're 38. You are very immature and you need to grow up instead of making excuses.

You will lose your mother because her selfish son cares more about baiting in a younger woman who is not bright enough to see he is a loser that only cares for himself and his fading looks.

It is reliable because as long as I'm awake, I am always logged on to facebook so I will get any message someone sends me

Old 03-07-2013, 07:21 AM

4,275 posts, read 7,627,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
It is reliable because as long as I'm awake, I am always logged on to facebook so I will get any message someone sends me
So you are certain because you are awake, Facebook's website cannot crash or their message system won't crash either. You must be Zuckerberg!

Old 03-07-2013, 08:27 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,640,761 times
Quote:

That is the purpose of this thread in a nutshell. The OP has a male biological clock. Better hurry and land a young lady TVSG. TICK-TOCK!

Old 03-07-2013, 08:39 AM

819 posts, read 1,591,789 times
Are you posting while you're at your new company job? Don't they frown on that? Looks like you should be doing a little OJT instead of protesting your own crazy posts.

Old 03-07-2013, 09:34 AM

231 posts, read 390,576 times
I live in Santa Barbara, CA, and my 88 year old father lives in Bellevue, WA. I call my Dad everyday. I am the one who makes the call. Sometimes we talk for just a few minutes, sometimes an hour. His eye sight is poor and he does not use a cell phone or know how to text. We talk about the weather ("it's raining here today"), gas mileage of cars ("I heard Toyota makes a car that runs on gas and batteries and gets 50 mpg, its called a Pious"), politics ("I still say FDR and Kennedy were our greatest Presidents") and family members ("Your great aunt Florita and uncle Sven made Lutefisk for Sunday dinner last week, boy was it good") My Dad DOES call me every Sunday night, around 8:15pm. He still remembers when 'long distance calls' cost less if they were made on a Sunday after 8pm.
To the OP: Consider yourself fortunate that you have a parent who is still alive and still concerned about you. I cherish my calls with parents. I fly up to Seattle about 4 times a year to see them.

Old 03-07-2013, 09:59 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,640,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
I live in Santa Barbara, CA, and my 88 year old father lives in Bellevue, WA. I call my Dad everyday. I am the one who makes the call. Sometimes we talk for just a few minutes, sometimes an hour. His eye sight is poor and he does not use a cell phone or know how to text. We talk about the weather ("it's raining here today"), gas mileage of cars ("I heard Toyota makes a car that runs on gas and batteries and gets 50 mpg, its called a Pious"), politics ("I still say FDR and Kennedy were our greatest Presidents") and family members ("Your great aunt Florita and uncle Sven made Lutefisk for Sunday dinner last week, boy was it good") My Dad DOES call me every Sunday night, around 8:15pm. He still remembers when 'long distance calls' cost less if they were made on a Sunday after 8pm.
To the OP: Consider yourself fortunate that you have a parent who is still alive and still concerned about you. I cherish my calls with parents. I fly up to Seattle about 4 times a year to see them.
That was sweet, thanks for sharing. I love the story about the "Pious."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships