Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 12:03 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,998,064 times

Advertisements

I am really getting tired of my mother texting me about stupid stuff everyday or calling to say nothing. Especially when I want it to be a text message from a girl I went on a date with and it turns out to be my mother. I just had dinner with my mom last night and this afternoon she is already texting me about something sports related when she is not even a real fan.

I mean if I was just with you last night then why do I need to talk to you today? I really want to have a separate number for her to call so i can have my regular number for everyone else. I'm already in a irritated mood because so far today I received two text messages and both were from her.

So i decided to put her on call block the rest of the day because I don't want any more texts from her the rest of the day or do I have any interest in talking on the phone.

Who needs to talk to their mother every damm day of the week?

Old 03-03-2013, 12:30 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,642,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
I am really getting tired of my mother texting me about stupid stuff everyday or calling to say nothing. Especially when I want it to be a text message from a girl I went on a date with and it turns out to be my mother. I just had dinner with my mom last night and this afternoon she is already texting me about something sports related when she is not even a real fan.

I mean if I was just with you last night then why do I need to talk to you today? I really want to have a separate number for her to call so i can have my regular number for everyone else. I'm already in a irritated mood because so far today I received two text messages and both were from her.

So i decided to put her on call block the rest of the day because I don't want any more texts from her the rest of the day or do I have any interest in talking on the phone.

Who needs to talk to their mother every damm day of the week?
Mom 2 /Dating Women 0

It will be a sad Sunday, if you put mom on call block, and your phone doesn't ring for the rest of the day.

Old 03-03-2013, 12:44 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,908,774 times
Default It does suck when your expectations are dashed, but ...

It's your mom. Don't take her for granted.

Are you into sports? The sports text is probably just her trying to connect with you in some way.

Be glad ANYONE cares about you so much.

Old 03-03-2013, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post

Are you into sports? The sports text is probably just her trying to connect with you in some way.

I know that, we had a nice outing yesterday and enjoyed a great meal. Plus she called me last night when I arrived home and we talked a little more. So since she is in a relationship I would think she would focus on that guy and not text me so much. Every 2 days is fine but in all honesty I don't need to talk to anyone everyday whether it's a friend or relative.

It just has to be some days when she is doing her own thing and I;m doing my own thing.

Old 03-03-2013, 12:51 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,350,704 times
Don't get me started...my Mom is lonely. She calls me a lot. And she has no internet, and a stupid job that sends her e mail, so she calls me to read her e mail. I bought her a smart phone just so she can answer her own e mail.

Old 03-03-2013, 12:53 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,908,774 times
Quote:
I know that, we had a nice outing yesterday and enjoyed a great meal. Plus she called me last night when I arrived home and we talked a little more. So since she is in a relationship I would think she would focus on that guy and not text me so much. Every 2 days is fine but in all honesty I don't need to talk to anyone everyday whether it's a friend or relative.

It just has to be some days when she is doing her own thing and I;m doing my own thing.
To me, you have two choices.

1) Let it go, and get over it.

2) Tell her.

Of course, my family would say there's always a third "passive aggressive" option where you say something like, "Doesn't your new BF get jealous because you're calling me so much??"

But you know your mom best. Is this new behavior? Did she recently get a cell phone so calling/texting you is a novelty that will wear off?

Old 03-03-2013, 01:11 PM

1,752 posts, read 3,752,407 times
You'll miss it when she is gone and your phone never goes off...

Old 03-03-2013, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
To me, you have two choices.

1) Let it go, and get over it.

2) Tell her.

Of course, my family would say there's always a third "passive aggressive" option where you say something like, "Doesn't your new BF get jealous because you're calling me so much??"

But you know your mom best. Is this new behavior? Did she recently get a cell phone so calling/texting you is a novelty that will wear off?

She has been excited about the whole texting thing for the past 4 years. The 1st text was fine. But don't send me another text before I had a chance to respond to the 1st one.

She doesn't know the rules of texting and I have told her that in the past. She doesn't have to text me every single thought she has throughout the course of the day.

Old 03-03-2013, 01:26 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,678,834 times
Quote:
She has been excited about the whole texting thing for the past 4 years. The 1st text was fine. But don't send me another text before I had a chance to respond to the 1st one.

She doesn't know the rules of texting and I have told her that in the past. She doesn't have to text me every single thought she has throughout the course of the day.
What, you haven't yet responded to the first text she sent you four years ago? And whose "rules of texting" are you referring to?

Obviously she's not calling you "throughout the course of the day" and that's a total exaggeration. I don't even know why you'd start a thread like this as all it demonstrates is that you're a churlish son. You should be ashamed of yourself. As another poster said, "You'll miss it when she is gone and your phone never goes off...". Or at least one can hope that you would feel this way ...

Old 03-03-2013, 01:53 PM

1,952 posts, read 4,788,431 times
Quote:

Couldn't agree more.

I don't text my son that often, because I am careful about being intrusive, but perhaps your mother doesn't think along those lines.

Cut her some slack. If this is the worst crime your mother commits (a desire to connect with you), then I'd say you are ahead of the game......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.