Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2013, 04:23 PM

13,980 posts, read 25,932,350 times

Advertisements

For your sake, I'm glad the passing was peaceful. I wish your and your sisters some measure of healing, and positive future ahead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2013, 04:24 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,788,023 times
So sorry you are going throug this. You have been amazingly strong throughout. Sending you good vibes. (( hugs))

Just realized it has been almost 1 month since you started this thread. Really, she went rather quickly.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 04-11-2013 at 04:45 PM..

Old 04-11-2013, 06:17 PM

6,469 posts, read 6,665,942 times
I'm sorry for all you've been through, and wish you strength and peace in the weeks and months ahead.

Old 04-11-2013, 06:34 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,717,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by confusedasusual View Post
All:

My mother passed away at 6am EST this morning. Her demise was very peaceful.

I arrived last night around 1040 from the airport and she was still in a coma. My sisters and I moved her to give her an evening spongebath and as we did, her eyes opened and she looked frightened but she could not communicate. We talked to her and soothed her, but it was very horrible. She was clearly trapped in her failing body. I was appalled by the amount of wasting that had occurred just since I had been there on Sunday. It was truly unbelievable. I guess I am not around a lot of people who are dying (thankfully) but when her body shut down it was dramatic. I don't know if anything could have really prepared me for seeing that much of a change in three days.

In the morning, my sister got up to go the ladies room around 6. She checked on Mom who had no pulse. She was still very warm and had no stiffness or lividity, so we all think she had passed shortly before. We washed her and dressed her, still talking to her. My sisters prayed over her and I added my thoughts for her peaceful entry into the next world. We got her ready for hospice who came and pronounced the time of death.

Everything was fine until the funeral home took her. That was very sad for so many reasons. But we said our final goodbyes. I am now cleaning up around her house and sorting her things for donation.

Interestingly enough, the FBI called me today regarding my complaint against my father for the first time. I honestly believe I am on some sort of very intense karmic path. I couldn't make this stuff up if I wanted to. It is just incredible.
((((((((HUGS))))))))) and much love sent your way honey. Peace be with you and your family.

Old 04-11-2013, 07:40 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,121,086 times
I am so sorry for your loss. Hugs and peace to you and your sisters and your extended family.

Old 04-11-2013, 07:53 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,756,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by confusedasusual View Post
All:

My mother passed away at 6am EST this morning. Her demise was very peaceful.

I arrived last night around 1040 from the airport and she was still in a coma. My sisters and I moved her to give her an evening spongebath and as we did, her eyes opened and she looked frightened but she could not communicate. We talked to her and soothed her, but it was very horrible. She was clearly trapped in her failing body. I was appalled by the amount of wasting that had occurred just since I had been there on Sunday. It was truly unbelievable. I guess I am not around a lot of people who are dying (thankfully) but when her body shut down it was dramatic. I don't know if anything could have really prepared me for seeing that much of a change in three days.

In the morning, my sister got up to go the ladies room around 6. She checked on Mom who had no pulse. She was still very warm and had no stiffness or lividity, so we all think she had passed shortly before. We washed her and dressed her, still talking to her. My sisters prayed over her and I added my thoughts for her peaceful entry into the next world. We got her ready for hospice who came and pronounced the time of death.

Everything was fine until the funeral home took her. That was very sad for so many reasons. But we said our final goodbyes. I am now cleaning up around her house and sorting her things for donation.

Interestingly enough, the FBI called me today regarding my complaint against my father for the first time. I honestly believe I am on some sort of very intense karmic path. I couldn't make this stuff up if I wanted to. It is just incredible.
Confused, I am sure that you definitely have a very special place in Heaven reserved for you. All of the grace, courage, and love that you have unstintingly shown throughout this to your mother, the abuser, who treated you so viciously and despicably, serves as a testament to us all that there are still truly good and righteous human beings such as you out there, in this very cruel world that we live in today. People like you, who remind us of the better, gentler, kinder, and more merciful side of humanity. Especially with all of the lifetime of atrocious and unforgivable suffering that you have been forced to endure at your mother's hands. I am in awe of your angelic level of grace, your beautiful heart, and your indomitable spirit. You have successfully and courageously endured and overcome the kind of world-shattering epic struggle that most human beings would have admitted defeat, surrendered, and given up on, a long time ago.

May all peace and grace be with you during the aftermath of your mother's passing, my friend. You are in my thoughts, and in my prayers. And I sincerely pray that now that your mother has had her due justice, that your father will also at last be made to be held accountable for his hideous and inhuman, demonic crimes against you and your family, as well. All love and warm wishes to you, dear Confused -- you are an amazing and incredibly inspirational lady, and a real hero, who I deeply admire and nothing but the highest regard and respect for ((caring hugs for Confused))

Last edited by Phoenix2017; 04-11-2013 at 08:01 PM..

Old 04-11-2013, 09:11 PM

6,883 posts, read 11,233,580 times
Smile All good thoughts and prayers to you.....

Knight2009 said it so well. I couldn't say it better but you have your little support group who has been silently cheering you on and your courage throughout this whole battle has been amazing - keep taking the high road and you will be thankful. Actions speak louder than words.

On your side....you are an inspiration.

Old 04-12-2013, 08:10 AM

12,757 posts, read 14,946,586 times
I've posted here a few times already throughout. Yes, I'm sorry for your loss, but as far as whose death it is, it's hard for me to feel sadness/pity on one who has been so horrible in her life on this earth.

What has your mom's boyfriend said about her death? Is he wanting to elp out with the funeral & be involved OR is he gone & onto something else already?

So...what's your next steps now? Clear out your mother's house & are y ou & your sisters going to sell it & split the money OR rent it out & split the rent money? I assume you'll keep forward with this thing against your father, I hope & continue to write your book.

Old 04-12-2013, 09:48 AM

8,674 posts, read 11,063,300 times
new to this thread, read all the pages. Everyday is a new day....my deepest condolences. I wish the best for you this day & everyday going on fwd.

Old 04-12-2013, 11:07 AM

8,568 posts, read 18,095,681 times
Confused, my heart is with you. It is okay for you to feel sorrow and loss. As much as it may confuse you to have those emotions (if you do); it's okay. You are probably feeling a whole bunch of conflicting emotions. Relief, sadness, freedom, etc. But know that you have very many prayers and good thoughts your way from so many of us. Take care of you and support your sisters as/when possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships