U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-15-2013, 08:40 PM
 
Location: Tennessee
16,225 posts, read 22,611,053 times
Reputation: 24023

Advertisements

Ok.. We have the 22 yr old nephew. My husbands sister done split town, and hiding out. The husband and wife still married, but yet....he is living with the older sister.
She has her worthless kids living there, but yet one of his is here, and the other decided to move out of state.Weird sitaution all the way around.
Why would they both even put their kids through that kind of shame, with their cousins, and all, etc...
Terrible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-16-2013, 12:17 AM
 
Location: Folsom
5,083 posts, read 7,735,645 times
Reputation: 3551
I'm not quite sure what you are asking (why people do crazy stuff), but have you considered going to the source (the husband) & asked? Maybe your husband has some ideas about his families dynamics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2013, 02:13 AM
 
47,573 posts, read 60,658,925 times
Reputation: 22283
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Ok.. We have the 22 yr old nephew. My husbands sister done split town, and hiding out. The husband and wife still married, but yet....he is living with the older sister.
She has her worthless kids living there, but yet one of his is here, and the other decided to move out of state.Weird sitaution all the way around.
Why would they both even put their kids through that kind of shame, with their cousins, and all, etc...
Terrible.
Sort of confusing. Is the husband living with his older sister or his wife's older sister?

You have the 22 year old -- is he from the sister or from her husband? Is he worthless or okay? What do you have to do with him now that you have him? Since he's an adult, is he at least working?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2013, 07:13 AM
 
Location: Tennessee
16,225 posts, read 22,611,053 times
Reputation: 24023
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Sort of confusing. Is the husband living with his older sister or his wife's older sister?

You have the 22 year old -- is he from the sister or from her husband? Is he worthless or okay? What do you have to do with him now that you have him? Since he's an adult, is he at least working?
Yes, he is living here. His Dad is living with his aunt. He is working.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2013, 07:52 AM
 
Location: State of Being
35,885 posts, read 67,186,293 times
Reputation: 22375
Sounds to me that there are complicated situations going on and people are just trying to survive and get through it with the kindness of others who are willing to put a roof over their heads.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2013, 02:49 PM
 
12,886 posts, read 15,442,166 times
Reputation: 14853
Yes, pretty weird....I wouldn't call a 22 year old a kid though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2013, 03:26 PM
 
Location: Tennessee
16,225 posts, read 22,611,053 times
Reputation: 24023
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
Yes, pretty weird....I wouldn't call a 22 year old a kid though.
He sure acts like one!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2013, 04:41 PM
 
12,886 posts, read 15,442,166 times
Reputation: 14853
That's because he got someone to pamper him
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top