U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 07:26 PM

171 posts, read 365,820 times

Advertisements

OP, where is your writing published? You said it's an online music magazine. Which one? May I read it?

Old 03-25-2013, 08:45 PM

548 posts, read 795,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkwolf131 View Post
OP, where is your writing published? You said it's an online music magazine. Which one? May I read it?
http://allaccessmagazine.com/?s=natalie+perez - I have more articles they just didn't pop up.

Search Results natalie perez - Heavy Metal News | Music Videos |Golden Gods Awards | revolvermag.com

Old 03-25-2013, 09:01 PM

1,092 posts, read 2,899,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Siobhan View Post
Sorry to put this on blast, but the OP has written about this publicly in another thread of hers, but she has a learning disability. If I remember correctly, she was in Special Education classes in high school. This is why she has not passed the driving test, and I imagine, it is also why she is very quick to bite at the hands trying to help her.
Nappy has actually been very open about personal matters that many would struggle with sharing publicly. For that she should absolutely be commended.

And while some of her posts were very negative about attending school, she has seemed more open to the idea recently.

She has also seemingly taken advice about increasing the amount of applications she's submitted as well.

And I can understand many of her frustrations. It's a classic Catch 22. It's difficult to get hired without work experience...

We don't know the extent of her disabilities, nor is it any of our business.

But, Nappy, you do keep posting similar types of threads, and you seem to get very upset with people that are trying to help you. So, the courtesy needs to extend in both directions. I continue to respond to you, even though you've been very rude to me personally, because if you were my child, I would want someone to still try and help you, and treat you with dignity.

The gentleman that has pointed out a few issues with your writing was providing constructive criticism. This is the type of feedback you'd receive from an instructor, or even in a writing group. If you were working for a publication that paid you, you would be expected to be able to proofread your own work, and submit very clean articles. Just like someone writing for the NY Times, would be expected to be more polished than someone writing for a small, free, local paper.

Don't try and turn all of us into the enemy. Many of us are empathetic.

Old 03-25-2013, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litlove71 View Post
Nappy has actually been very open about personal matters that many would struggle with sharing publicly. For that she should absolutely be commended.

And while some of her posts were very negative about attending school, she has seemed more open to the idea recently.

She has also seemingly taken advice about increasing the amount of applications she's submitted as well.

And I can understand many of her frustrations. It's a classic Catch 22. It's difficult to get hired without work experience...

We don't know the extent of her disabilities, nor is it any of our business.

But, Nappy, you do keep posting similar types of threads, and you seem to get very upset with people that are trying to help you. So, the courtesy needs to extend in both directions. I continue to respond to you, even though you've been very rude to me personally, because if you were my child, I would want someone to still try and help you, and treat you with dignity.

The gentleman that has pointed out a few issues with your writing was providing constructive criticism. This is the type of feedback you'd receive from an instructor, or even in a writing group. If you were working for a publication that paid you, you would be expected to be able to proofread your own work, and submit very clean articles. Just like someone writing for the NY Times, would be expected to be more polished than someone writing for a small, free, local paper.

Don't try and turn all of us into the enemy. Many of us are empathetic.
I know that already and no I am not going back to school end of story. I can get a paying job writing without a degree I have gotten paying jobs before.

Old 03-25-2013, 10:48 PM

10,818 posts, read 8,067,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by napy666 View Post
I can get a paying job writing without a degree I have gotten paying jobs before.
I'm sure I'm not alone in saying "Then get off City Data and do it."

Old 03-25-2013, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
I'm sure I'm not alone in saying "Then get off City Data and do it."
I have applied to jobs before alright.

Old 03-26-2013, 02:45 AM

1,787 posts, read 4,979,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by napy666 View Post
I have applied to jobs before alright.
Here we go again...

Old 03-26-2013, 06:36 AM

3,881 posts, read 7,309,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timneh5 View Post
Here we go again...
Exactly.

Which brings me to the next issue, your attitude.

I don't know how you present yourself when you go to fill out applications but your entire presentation, including your attitude, should be positive, friendly and enthusiastic. You should be dressed neatly and nicely, you should seem warm and friendly, like someone people would like to be greeted by and around and you should seem thankful and gracious.

All characteristics you really don't display here. In all the helpful advice we have thrown you, I have yet to see you say "Thank you" or "I really appreciate your thoughts or advice". You come here complaining and when advice is given, you are snarky, dismissive and completely unappreciative.

So I really feel there is not much more anyone on this board can do for you. Even if the advice isn't something that would work for you, a simple "thank you" would be considerate. All these people have taken time out to try and help you. And you really don't seem to care.

So why should we continue?

Old 03-26-2013, 03:24 PM

519 posts, read 703,031 times
yeah!

Old 03-26-2013, 04:02 PM

I went and followed up with a job yesturday and the worker told me to call back later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships