Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 08:35 PM

19,480 posts, read 24,968,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I did not expect any other answer from you. You just confirmed my post - you ARE rude, no manners at all and if the rest of your family behaves like you, I am not surprised that neighbors freak out.

I have read your post. Especially that part: "my brothers make a lot of noise, which I do agree they do. My mother however, doesn't really discipline them enough and my mother herself makes all sorts of noises at odd hours during the night. I've been fair and understood his complaints since it certainly bothers me and my sister."

What answers do you expect after posting that? That your family should keep going with beeing WAY too loud and neighbors just have to suck it up? Hmmm. Read your own post and then think about it.

I am not surprised you did not get the condom hint.
Although, he certainly shouldn't be throwing things at your windows, leaving condoms, etc. but put yourself in his shoes.

He lives below two adults and three children (you didn't say your sister's age) or three adults and two children in what is probably a pretty small apartment, the boys make a lot of noise and the mother makes all sorts of noises at odd hours during the night. If I was living below you I probably would be getting upset, too.

My daughter once lived above a neighbor who would call the police for any little noise that any neighbor made. He once called the police because my daughter using the vacuum cleaner at 8 PM and another time there were three women playing Monopoly at 9:30 on a Saturday night----hardly a wild party.

The big problem was that the apartment complex had a firm policy that if the police were called to your apartment three times they would evict you and keep your entire security deposit. For the next six months (until that neighbor moved out) my daughter and her room mate spoke only in whispers, walked in slippers, used head phones on their TV, stereo and computer and couldn't invite anyone over.

The landlord said that he couldn't do anything to help them because of the company policy. The landlord told my daughter "One more police call for noise and you will be evicted".

Perhaps you should check on what the noise policy is at your apartment before YOU get evicted. Or better yet, have your brothers and mother quiet down and be good neighbors.

Last edited by germaine2626; 03-28-2013 at 08:56 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2013, 12:13 AM

102 posts, read 230,844 times
Suggestions to the original poster -

You have to follow the rules before pointing the finger of blame .

That means -
1) Your home has to be quiet (ie brothers/mom -noises)
2) Placing condoms on the other guys door doesn't prove that he did it . Even if he did then you are only stooping to his level . Rise above the situation .
3) Same regarding the egg or ice cubes.

If you are following the rules and he does these things then he will look like the fool . However if you both are having this contest of immaturity then no one will take either of you seriously.

Old 03-29-2013, 04:40 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,085,089 times
Just call the cops and be done with it. It is a lose lose situation as long as you try to handle it yourself. And, if you do anything stupid like physically attack him where would your family be then...Or you for that matter. Plus, what a lousy example that would be for your younger siblings. Get an assault charge on your record you may never get a decent job again. Do the right thing, call the cops and report the criminal mischief.
They'll talk to him....that may stop this from escalating.

Last edited by JanND; 03-29-2013 at 04:41 AM.. Reason: edit text

Old 03-29-2013, 04:43 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,085,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
I'm not trying to get anyone's sympathy and I know very well I wrote that. What I am saying is this: Would YOU allow someone to harass your family? Would YOU like it if you had kids and someone jackass is leaving condoms on your DOOR knob? As an ADULT, would YOU do something childish like that?

If you say no or if you yes to putting condoms on a door knob and other shenanigans you're full of crap.
You returned the favor....Where does childish fit? Like i suggested. Don't keep getting into a pi--ing contest, you'll both lose. Call the cops.

Old 03-29-2013, 09:57 AM

20,685 posts, read 19,810,445 times
She might not be able to call the cops because she might have done more as she is admitting here.

She acts like she did not do much when the neighbor freaked out. BUT she has insulted me pretty harsh and badly after posting my opinion and her childish posts even have been removed.

So freaking out here for just a few sentences from my side and not freaking out towards the neighbor sounds very unlikely to me. I bet she has yelled at him and threatened him also.

Old 03-29-2013, 10:04 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,117,408 times
Ignore this stuff! If your family is noisy, then they are noisy. That is the problem. You even admit it is the problem.

The neighbor is doing silly things that are meaningless. Egg on the window is not your problem -- it is the landlord's problem. So what if the neighbors throw ice or eggs at your windows. They didn't throw a brick through it - even though that is probably what they felt like doing -- in hopes of shutting up your noisy brothers.

If someone puts condoms at your door, throw them away. This is childish silly stuff. Do not respond.

You are in the wrong here. Your neighbor is being a jerk, but your family is the problem. Your neighbor has the right to some quiet enjoyment of the space he is renting. If you don't want folks feuding with you, then figure out a way to get your noisy family under control. Otherwise, move out on your own so your family's behavior is not your problem.

Old 03-31-2013, 11:16 PM

30,585 posts, read 24,938,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Neither of you are good neighbors.

I'd be ticked too with the amount of noise you admit you make.
It takes two to be good neighbors; neither of you (including your family) are mature enough to live unsupervised.
I agree with this post.

This is an aggravating but stupid dispute. Don't do anything to the guy. You'll get yourself in trouble, and hurt your mom.

You guys need to find a way to get out of there and into better digs.

Or you could take a firm hand with the boys, and help them behave.

You can take positive action or negative action. Negative action will only hurt you and the ones you love.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships