U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 07:07 PM

7,804 posts, read 5,943,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dijkstra View Post
This ^^^ nonsense is exactly why bullying perpetuates. That sort of dribble is why kids in high school snap and go on killing sprees. I stand behind my statement that the OP should "grow a pair." I completely disagree with your advice to avoid them and accept it. I did not call him names and only gave useful advice. What a load of crap.

Don't accept it, don't avoid them, don't hide in the bathroom until they are gone or any of that other nonsense. It just perpetuates the problem and begs for more. The bully realizes he is getting under your skin and you are attempting to avoid him and he enjoys it. Grow up, stand up to them and if necessary knock a tooth or two loose for them.
...and then face charges.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2013, 08:34 PM

8,004 posts, read 10,019,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
A real bully would do exactly that! Bully the sh*t out of people, then when their target lashes back, simply press charges for assault. Yeah.....that'll teach 'em!

Old 04-02-2013, 11:01 AM

2,762 posts, read 3,319,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Well I guess, just go cower in a closet somewhere and wet your pants every time Johnny the bully comes around. Meanwhile the rest of us are carrying on with normal lives.

I would take the charges if the moron filed them. If it actually went to court, I would have a pretty good bully defense and a jury would throw it out in a heartbeat. If you read some of the advice people give to bullies, it is no surprise they continue to be bullied. Nothing it going to stop it except for standing up for yourself. If you are too scared of physical confrontation, the least you can do is defend yourself verbally and let them know you won't stand for it but avoiding them and accepting it only leads to continued bullying.

Old 04-02-2013, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dijkstra View Post
Well I guess, just go cower in a closet somewhere and wet your pants every time Johnny the bully comes around. Meanwhile the rest of us are carrying on with normal lives.

I would take the charges if the moron filed them. If it actually went to court, I would have a pretty good bully defense and a jury would throw it out in a heartbeat. If you read some of the advice people give to bullies, it is no surprise they continue to be bullied. Nothing it going to stop it except for standing up for yourself. If you are too scared of physical confrontation, the least you can do is defend yourself verbally and let them know you won't stand for it but avoiding them and accepting it only leads to continued bullying.
I'd personally make sure I have witnesses and other forms of evidence. That way, when the time does come for me to bash his face in, he'd know that I'd have all kinds of firepower to put his ass away if he decides to go cry to the cops. (His face won't even be bashed in, he'll just get a swift hit to the throat, or a jab into the solar plexus)

I personally do not like when they say "Oh, the bully has had a rough life!!!" That gives him the right to mess with other people?

I also don't agree with trying to reason with the bully. The only way to deal with the bully is to... break a few bones if need be.

Last edited by TJenkins602; 04-02-2013 at 11:33 AM..

Old 04-02-2013, 11:46 AM

149 posts, read 288,941 times
I havealways had trouble dealing with these kinds of people.It started in grade school.I use to cry and beg my mother not to make me go to school because of three boys that were bullies.And then there was my so called best friend in Grade school also.Looking back I didnt realize it then,but she was a spoiled brat!!If you didnt do or go along with everything she say she would stop talking to me and get everyone else in the class to shun me also untill she was ready to be nice again.
I have a kind nature and like my mother have always liked peace.Seems all through my life,in different jobs ect.these Bullies are drawn to me.
I dont deal with it well at all.In most every situation I feel like I fail.I will take and take without saying anything and then I just blow up!!
Usually I have ended up telling them exactly what I think of them and more.Even as far as telling them how mean and cruel they are and everything else they may fit the bill for them.I usually end up regreting what I have said because I know how badly the truth can hurt.
I just cant stand for someone to be mean to others for any reason.
Maybe adult Bullies were spoiled as a child,because that is how they act like a unrulely child that acts out when it doesnt get their way.
I have worked very hard as a adult to hold my peace in these type of situations,mainly because there are people out there that will really try and hurt you and your family if you stand up too much to them.I have learned this lesson the hard way.Even to the point were me and my family safety was openly threatened.

Old 04-03-2013, 08:18 PM

85 posts, read 122,954 times
You ignore them and don't show any affect because these people don't deserve your time or consideration. If you work with them or have no choice, find an intermediary to facilitate while you work out your issues.

Old 04-04-2013, 06:24 AM

318 posts, read 476,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizcharlene View Post
You ignore them and don't show any affect because these people don't deserve your time or consideration. If you work with them or have no choice, find an intermediary to facilitate while you work out your issues.
Ignoring people you don't like or respect does not work in corporate America. I tried that and was written up for being anti social. They said the sign of a true professional is the ability to interact with everyone in the office regardless of what you feel about them.

Old 04-04-2013, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Spock View Post
Ignoring people you don't like or respect does not work in corporate America. I tried that and was written up for being anti social. They said the sign of a true professional is the ability to interact with everyone in the office regardless of what you feel about them.
And then they push you around? Sounds hypocritical. You should have asked them why they treat you with such disrespect if "the sign of a true professional is the ability to interact with everyone in the office regardless of how you feel about them."

Call them on their hypocrisy. Let them know that they are not going to get anything other than what they give you. It takes respect to get respect.

Do the best you can to find some kind of alternate income stream as well. Maybe if they see that you have options, they might back up off of you. Otherwise, kick their asses to the curb.

Old 04-05-2013, 10:30 AM

353 posts, read 483,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by statisticsnerd View Post
Yeah, bullying doesn't quit when you leave high school. Ass hole kids grow up to be ass hole adults and unfortunately you will encounter many of these types in the workplace.

Just ignore them. .
I love this! So true!!

Old 04-05-2013, 11:52 AM

1,645 posts, read 1,780,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
A real bully would do exactly that! Bully the sh*t out of people, then when their target lashes back, simply press charges for assault. Yeah.....that'll teach 'em!
That's not a bully, that's a coward.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships