U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 05:07 AM

8,004 posts, read 10,015,827 times

Advertisements

Wartrace, I look at it like this..... We're like pressure cookers. The steam irritations (steam) build up in us, as we deal with ridiculousness and wrongness, every day. If it wasn't for occasional venting, many of us would simply explode. Vent away Wartrace. As you can see, you're not alone. Even though some of us are telling you to just take a chill pill....it's not that we don't feel your pain, you know? We just can't let idiots' behavior affect us to the point where it's actually doing physical and emotional harm to us. Sometimes.....it's just best to simply say, "Are you kidding me? Dumba$$es!!" ......then move on, knowing that we're not the ONLY ones who are thinking they're frickin' idiots, move on, knowing how blessed we are to not only KNOW better, but that we care enough to DO better, as well.

Have a great day.....in spite of them...or TO spite them....whatever works for YOU.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2013, 05:13 AM

1,163 posts, read 1,199,418 times
These things annoy me too, but I have to remind myself to be grateful that they are all small matters after all.

Old 04-02-2013, 07:26 AM

3,074 posts, read 3,156,023 times
"It's the little things that kill" - Gavin Rossdale

Old 04-02-2013, 07:36 AM

4,245 posts, read 5,970,345 times
Quote:
So, how do you deal with all this in our society without going insane? How do you overlook the "in your face" violation of your right to quiet enjoyment of life and being forced to see things you don't want to see?
Well, I ride the bus most of the time (nearly all of the time, when Im not walking or on my bike), so I see the worst (at least for my city). I've become used to it.

Old 04-02-2013, 10:07 AM

8,823 posts, read 6,351,070 times
I have to get used to it being tourist season again soon. People should not forget to pack their manners when going somewhere.
I nearly got run over while crossing the street today...and we got people on bicycles on the sidewalks...no cops in sight but such is life...

Old 04-02-2013, 02:06 PM

1,561 posts, read 1,656,720 times
The older I get (mid 30s) the grumpier I get and more and more I think I'll end up the old, grumpy guy living in the woods in a cabin with his dog.

For example, young suburban white kids talking about how "hard" they are and dressing like Fiddy Cent with their pants around their knees send me over the edge. They are a scourge on the earth here in NE Ohio. I want to throttle them so I avoid situations that might force me to interact with them. Much better than catching an assault charge or raising my heart rate. I'm sure many adults felt the same about me when I was 14, had long hair, a Metallica shirt on and a skateboard under my arm.

Seriously though, like many have said, the best thing to do is avoid things that are going to lead to irritation. This is why I'm careful of where/when I go to the movie theater, avoid certian bars, avoid shopping at certain times, etc... I also try and remember that I was once a young punk a$$ kid too. Life is too short. So many times I catch myself wasting energy on being angry at dumb stuff I could just as easily avoid. I think most of you do too.

Old 04-02-2013, 02:43 PM

8,004 posts, read 10,015,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubyanumberone View Post
The older I get (mid 30s) the grumpier I get and more and more I think I'll end up the old, grumpy guy living in the woods in a cabin with his dog.

For example, young suburban white kids talking about how "hard" they are and dressing like Fiddy Cent with their pants around their knees send me over the edge. They are a scourge on the earth here in NE Ohio. I want to throttle them so I avoid situations that might force me to interact with them. Much better than catching an assault charge or raising my heart rate. I'm sure many adults felt the same about me when I was 14, had long hair, a Metallica shirt on and a skateboard under my arm.

Seriously though, like many have said, the best thing to do is avoid things that are going to lead to irritation. This is why I'm careful of where/when I go to the movie theater, avoid certian bars, avoid shopping at certain times, etc... I also try and remember that I was once a young punk a$$ kid too. Life is too short. So many times I catch myself wasting energy on being angry at dumb stuff I could just as easily avoid. I think most of you do too.
You are so right! It's almost comical (for me), when I catch myself stewing and getting worked up over some of these things. "Really?....Really Mel? You were having a perfectly good day until you started dwelling on that ridiculous crap! Ya really want to ruin a perfectly good mood/day, thinking about this stuff?" The answer is.....NAH, life's too short and I need that energy for far more important things. Their kids are going to be whining about how tough THEY have it, compared to mom and dad. They are going to be pulling their hair out, over the things that young people are doing, 10-20 years from now, because in THEIR day, kids had more respect, would never ACT like that in public, would never have dared talk to adults that way......the list just goes on and on.

Old 04-02-2013, 04:44 PM

4,728 posts, read 4,462,571 times
I don't worry about what I can't fix. That way I feel better and am more relaxed. I handle me and mine and that is it.

Old 08-10-2015, 09:06 AM

1,368 posts, read 1,676,255 times
when confronted with people blocking aisles, think of it as NASCAR but with shopping carts! You Daryl Earnhardt, maneuver around them try not to cut them off so they run into the wall...but a little bump is perfectly legal

Old 08-10-2015, 09:08 AM

3,074 posts, read 3,156,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
I don't worry about what I can't fix. That way I feel better and am more relaxed. I handle me and mine and that is it.
It's when they interfere with me and mine is when it becomes an issue...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or