Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 10:20 AM

48 posts, read 190,952 times

Advertisements

It is so hard to find and keep real friends. I really don't know who are my real friends are. I have met a lot of ppl from high school to college. It seems like ppl have more acquaintances than real friends. How many of you can honestly say that you have real and true friends that will be down for you no matter what? I'm not talking about on and off friends either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2013, 10:37 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,723,401 times
Truthfully.....I'm not sure I have anything other than acquaintances. There are a few friends whom would probably do whatever they could IF I asked them too, but I'm too good a friend to impose on their busy lives, to ask them for help. I would be afraid of "putting them out" and then having them resent me.

Really....I'm not sure there are that many friend-worthy people OUT there!

Old 04-27-2013, 11:12 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,870,986 times
I do. There are friends I can call at anytime for anything and they will be there for me. I am the same with them. That's what friends are for.

Old 04-27-2013, 11:16 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,737,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintsboy701 View Post
It is so hard to find and keep real friends. I really don't know who are my real friends are. I have met a lot of ppl from high school to college. It seems like ppl have more acquaintances than real friends. How many of you can honestly say that you have real and true friends that will be down for you no matter what? I'm not talking about on and off friends either.
I have real friends. I have around 10 people in my life that I could not run away if I wanted to. They put up with a lot my BS and they have gotten through the worst times of my life, especially when my father died two years ago. Whenever you find some, cherish them, they are impossible to find.

Old 04-27-2013, 05:23 PM

3,055 posts, read 2,926,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintsboy701 View Post
I definitely have one of those. He has been with me through thick and thin and I know he will do anything for me. I mean anything. He is one of the truest, most best persons I have ever met. We were engaged once, and I wish I could still feel the same way for him, but unfortunately I do not. He deserves someone so much better than I, and I do wish the very best for him [I have to say now that I know I never truly loved him (more than as a friend), which is too bad because I really felt that I had at one time. For such a good, kind person as he is, he really deserves someone to love him; at least, I feel that he does].

The others, I feel they are friends, but I'm not very close to them. The couple with whom I do keep up a correspondence have stuck by me through hard times and I do consider them friends--they are two people to be clear. I don't have many friends, but the ones I have are very true, kind people.

Old 04-27-2013, 05:32 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,671,924 times
I can.

Old 04-27-2013, 06:09 PM

6,191 posts, read 18,159,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
I do. There are friends I can call at anytime for anything and they will be there for me. I am the same with them. That's what friends are for.
Same here. Or, someone I can call up and say, feel like a movie? Breakfast out tomorrow? Or something like that.

I cannot imagine life without at least one person like that in my life; seems to me that would be sort of a sad thing.

Old 04-27-2013, 07:15 PM

1,490 posts, read 4,755,798 times
I believe I can. I met a my "real friend" in high school. She introduced me to her boyfriends best friend. They got married one month before we did. We've all been married for almost 30 years now. We stood for each other at our weddings. Raised our children together. Took vacations together. We moved away many years ago and only see each other about once or twice a year. We can take up conversations right where we left off. We can talk about everything (and always have been able to). There are no judgments made when we talk about our lives and how we've lived them. I count this woman as my one true real friend. I do not have to guard what I say or sensor my feelings with her. I have always thought how rare the relationship the 4 of us have is.

Old 04-27-2013, 08:52 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,406,164 times
Well I'm not a people person but the only true friend I've found is my wife of 30 years.Hasn't always been that way but last 15 years couldn't be any better.

Had some that I thought was my Friend including Family found when things were Bad they would turn their back on me

brushrunner

Old 04-27-2013, 10:39 PM

2,957 posts, read 5,903,707 times
I have about 10, from HS & college. No question. However, I have no idea how to make a new one and would love suggestions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships