Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 04:30 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,769,824 times

Advertisements

I only have about 5 first cousins and we were never close. I never lived in the same state as they did. I only saw them occasionally for the holidays while growing up. One is around my age while a few others are about 5 to 10 years older. I've not seen any of them in a very long time and we never stayed in touch with Christmas cards or phone calls. I wouldn't mind to hear from one (or any) of them or vice-versa, but I don't know if it may happen or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2015, 10:46 PM

9,753 posts, read 7,460,573 times
I live in Connecticut and I have 6 cousins.

2 live out in Oregon. We never see them save for really special occasions (i.e at my sisters wedding in 2013, at my grandpa's 90th birthday last May)
2 live in New Jersey. We used to see them more often, but now not very often
1 lives in Queens, the other lives in Boston. I see both of them often at every holiday party and also a lot of other times during the year because the parents live less than a mile up the street from us. I'm actually planning on going to visit the one in Boston this weekend.

Old 02-20-2015, 07:58 AM

678 posts, read 697,505 times
yea pretty much the same i have younger cousins in grade school im pretty close to since we have alot of the same hobbies (videogames). but my older 2 cousins one dropped out andis in and out of jail. the other has a kid with a drug dealer who from what i hear has a billion kids with a billion different baby mamas who beats her. and my

Old 02-21-2015, 02:05 PM

4,749 posts, read 4,320,502 times
I have one cousin who is a year younger than I am (I'm 20). We're no longer close because I realized that I was always the one to call her, so I just stopped. And when she came to town unannounced for Thanksgiving, I told her I was busy.

Old 02-21-2015, 06:12 PM

7,990 posts, read 5,381,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeBoyDJ View Post
Growing up I was pretty close with my cousins who were around my age but of course as everyone gets older and gets different interest you naturally just start losing touch. We used to spend summer days at my grandparents house while our parents worked and we used to do a lot together. We went to the state fair together every year, went to each other's birthday parties every year, played on the same sports teams. We didn't miss a beat. Now I'm almost 22 about to graduate college and I don't really talk to any of my cousins anymore. We kind of just lost touch and everyone is doing their on thing and living their life which is good don't get me wrong I just kind of miss the good ol days. I know this is a natural thing though. People just grow apart over the years.

My cousins around my age:

Me: 21 student
Delton: 21 Coast Guard, never see or talk to
TK: 23 has 2 jobs, lives 10 min from me, see her every now and again
Dre: 20 student, never see or talk to
Caylan: 20 student, see once in a blue moon
Reggie: 23 in jail, never see or talk to
Tre: 19 never see or talk to
Rekindle--a couple of my cousins we have rekindled our friendship. It is good to get back into their lives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships