Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 08:37 PM

82 posts, read 150,617 times

Advertisements

Hell naww too many whackos out there. Unless they do something wrong?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2013, 08:47 PM

192 posts, read 322,020 times
Nope, eyes front and center.

Old 05-03-2013, 09:46 PM

3,633 posts, read 6,171,047 times
Even when I was young enough to really care if the driver next to me was an attractive guy, I never looked. Maybe I was afraid that if he was, he would take it as an "invitation."

However, I usually look at the other drivers' faces at 4-way stops. I want to see if they seem to be aware it's my turn to go. Of course, ever since I moved to the Pacific NW, the more frequent problem is that they won't go when it's THEIR turn. "You go." "No, you go." It's no joke...it can actually be irritating:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaXMTtykHfE

Old 05-03-2013, 09:49 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,222,031 times
Nah, I'm not a voyeur anywhere and don't really care who is in the vehicle next to me anyway.

Old 05-03-2013, 09:50 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,922,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clevergirl05 View Post
I've noticed that a lot of men – and a few women – have a habit of looking over at the car next to them when they pull up to a red light. Most guys say "it's just a habit," but I sometimes suspect that it's because they (1) want to see if the other driver is a woman, and (2) want to see if the woman is attractive.

As for women doing it, I suspect that they, too, are looking to see if the driver next to them is of the opposite sex and attractive. Do you agree or do you think it's something else ?

I look at every car I pass, and every car I pull up to to see if it's a good looking girl.

Why? I honestly don't have a clue, because I've never really considered following them to get their number. Either way, I always look and probably always will.

Old 05-03-2013, 09:53 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,914,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregm View Post
:d
Uh ... my response was so good you had to lick your lips?

Old 05-03-2013, 09:54 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,468,357 times
Quote:
I've noticed that a lot of men – and a few women – have a habit of looking over at the car next to them when they pull up to a red light. Most guys say "it's just a habit," but I sometimes suspect that it's because they (1) want to see if the other driver is a woman, and (2) want to see if the woman is attractive.

As for women doing it, I suspect that they, too, are looking to see if the driver next to them is of the opposite sex and attractive. Do you agree or do you think it's something else ?
I don't. All I'm going to see his a head and shoulders if I'm trying to "check her out." And that's all she is going to see of me.

[if you're rolling in a nice car, I'm looking over to check out the car]

Old 05-03-2013, 10:39 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,693,814 times
No, why should I give a damn about who is in another car?

Old 05-03-2013, 10:59 PM

4,200 posts, read 4,451,892 times
I look mostly for the basic awareness of what is beside me almost all the time with rare exception. Often (unfortunately) they seem to be looking down at a cell phone, mobile device, texting etc....

Occasionally I will check out someone but since it is such a limited view it's impact is meaningless. Sometimes it's fun when you want to match the 'owner' (presumably) with a personalized license plate.

A favorite was once driving around Chicago on business travel being behind a car with plates that said "UWISH".
I just had to check out the woman driving it - and I think that was her intent - as she had a nice face.

Old 05-04-2013, 12:35 AM

5,128 posts, read 9,839,087 times
Quote:
I look around, but not necessarily directly at a person. Unless there is something really unusual about them, or I'm bored.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships