Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 09:11 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerPower00 View Post
no Karma. I have noticed in my 41 years on this earth, crappy people get ahead and they, truly. don't face karma. If a person is crappy they don't care if people don't like them or if they are shunned for their behavior. What do you think?
Flower, I think you should really read Dr. Phil's new book - Life Code.

You can supposedly get it at Walmart (so pretty easily).

You have so much going on in your head since your breakup - this book could really help you I think
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2013, 09:17 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,297,939 times
The "payday" comes in eternity. That's the sad part. And usually those types don't "get it" until their own eternity comes. Start tape-- roll footage--see how life was spent--start suffering consequences of those choices/actions. Believe it or not.

Old 05-04-2013, 09:31 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
You have to wonder about people like that--she certainly cannot be happy drinking or being a slave to a bottle.
Maybe she's a slave to the bottle due to issues or memories that haunt her from her childhood. She could be self-medicating due to unresolved trauma.

Old 05-04-2013, 09:36 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,054,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Flower, I think you should really read Dr. Phil's new book - Life Code.

You can supposedly get it at Walmart (so pretty easily).

You have so much going on in your head since your breakup - this book could really help you I think
I bought it I just need to READ it. I am a horrid procrastinator. The only one to blame for that, is me!

Old 05-04-2013, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Maybe she's a slave to the bottle due to issues or memories that haunt her from her childhood. She could be self-medicating due to unresolved trauma.
Too bad. I have issues. I self medicate, but I don't act like a jerk and go out of my way to hurt people. I have ZERO patience with mean drunks or drug addicts. I have given a mile to crappy people for way too long. NOW it's a foot. No more.

Old 05-04-2013, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
The "payday" comes in eternity. That's the sad part. And usually those types don't "get it" until their own eternity comes. Start tape-- roll footage--see how life was spent--start suffering consequences of those choices/actions. Believe it or not.
I think we die and rot. No magic eternity this is it.

Old 05-04-2013, 09:41 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,297,939 times
Quote:
I think we die and rot. No magic eternity this is it.
I used to believe that way to.

Old 05-04-2013, 09:43 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Too bad. I have issues. I self medicate, but I don't act like a jerk and go out of my way to hurt people. I have ZERO patience with mean drunks or drug addicts. I have given a mile to crappy people for way too long. NOW it's a foot. No more.
Well, you said you had to wonder about people like that, and that she can't be happy living the way she does. So I provided a potential answer. She's not happy. Happy people generally don't become alcoholics. Her karma is that she has to live with herself and with whatever is causing her to drink and lash out at people.

Old 05-04-2013, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Well, you said you had to wonder about people like that, and that she can't be happy living the way she does. So I provided a potential answer. She's not happy. Happy people generally don't become alcoholics. Her karma is that she has to live with herself and with whatever is causing her to drink and lash out at people.
Well, I need to argue. Trauma is a result of actions people cannot really control. So her response chronic alcoholism makes her a victim of circumstance. I don't know if mean drunks are a victim of circumstance.

Old 05-04-2013, 10:47 AM

3,963 posts, read 5,693,023 times
I think dishonest and mean people do finish ahead. I mean I'm a decent example of that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships