Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 06:35 AM

9 posts, read 10,365 times

Advertisements

We all know in world after god the second person is mom. Mom is more caring than dad is it true? I want to know reviews from all members to know is it true or not? My intention for asking this question is just for information only.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2013, 09:41 AM

7,099 posts, read 27,175,023 times
Depends on who you are talking about. My mom cared more for herself than anyone else in the whole wide world. Everyone else was secondary.

If only caring women were allowed to have children, the world's population would be much less.

There are a lot of men that really care for everyone, not just themselves.

Old 05-06-2013, 12:58 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,769,824 times
Stereoptypically in Western/US society, women tend to be nurturers while men are not (or lesser so). From what I have seen in my life (middle-aged), I would guess more mothers are nurturing than fathers are by their actions with their own children. There are many bold exceptions to this stereoptype. Does that answer your question?

Old 05-06-2013, 01:20 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,270,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sachishah View Post
We all know in world after god the second person is mom. Mom is more caring than dad is it true? I want to know reviews from all members to know is it true or not? My intention for asking this question is just for information only.
I think "females" in general are the most caring and nurturing of our species...but as for dads and moms...whoever you ask will say something different. I also think that the word "caring" can mean different things to different people. For some it might mean paying for things...for others it's helping personally...Most people care, they just show it in different ways...I do believe that I know more woman that are caregivers than men...but not a whole lot more.

Old 05-06-2013, 11:16 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,526,555 times
When I was a teenager, we had a dog - a female border collie, who was the best, most loyal and loving and gentle pet imaginable.
We let her have one litter of pets, before spaying her.
Our beloved dog would have nothing to do with the pups, would not even nurse them, unless one of us humans sat with her. If we got up to leave, she would abandon the 6 pups and follow us.

Lesson I learned at a tender age: some beings are just not cut out to be mothers. They're not "bad" in any sense of the word. In fact, they usually contribute much good to the world. For whatever reason, they lack the maternal instinct.

Back to the human side: I've known many families in which the dad did most or all of the emotional nurturing, and everything worked out fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachishah View Post

Old 05-06-2013, 11:44 PM

5,730 posts, read 10,122,956 times
Not necessarily.

Some don't express themselves as well.

Old 05-07-2013, 08:25 AM

3,879 posts, read 8,380,095 times
Growing up, it was my father that was more loving, affectionate and attentive. My mom was more into her own needs and seemed to be completely bothered by parenting.

Old 05-07-2013, 08:38 AM

606 posts, read 903,119 times
Depends on the people involved. A know quite a few fathers that are more caring and nurturing than the mother's in the relationship.

Old 05-07-2013, 08:47 AM

2,817 posts, read 3,459,775 times
my wife is more caring when it comes to the kids being sick. i care more about them becomeing strong men. its a balance. but she would cry if they get sick, i will not. she doesnt care if the kids are afraid of doing something, i will enourage them to overcome their fear. so it depends on the families. the sad thing is that there are not that many kids with both parents. That is tough for a single parent.

Old 05-07-2013, 09:11 AM

2,631 posts, read 4,047,572 times
I kind've dislike how you phrased this question. It implies there's only one way to show you care. I like to think generally, mom and dads both care, but in different ways. Mom cares by nurturing (ex. being there to help us get well, feel better). Dad cares by providing what we need (new clothing, things for school and occasionally spoiling us. etc.). That isn't to say there aren't dads to wipe noses, and moms to buy our necessities and some wants; but typically, we view moms as caretakers and dads as providers. In contrast, Both care by listening and answering to questions from their point of view (because mom can only speak for women and dad only for men); and by correcting us when necessary.

I think the reason you may think moms are more caring, is because there are more people with single parent households than in the past, and mom is usually who they see, live with and know. But in cases which both parents are involved, I believe both parents care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships