Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 04:57 PM

17 posts, read 72,193 times

Advertisements

How was the reunion? Was it fun or boring?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2013, 05:22 PM

8,270 posts, read 8,646,774 times
About 75%. It was fun. Most people still lived in the area then. At other reunions the numbers dropped every time as people left the area. Less fun each time. I have only been out of school 40 years. I have heard it gets better once you pass 50 years. It may be people are just happy to see who is still alive.

Old 05-09-2013, 09:27 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,141,122 times
I went for one night. Saw everyone I wanted to see. I'm not one of those bitter people who say, "I hated everybody I went to high school." That says a lot more about their own arrested social development as people than it does about their classmates. I mean, if you're still bitter about high school at age 25 or 28, go see a therapist because you're the one with major snakes in the head.

But, at the same time, high school wasn't the end-all, be-all time of my life. It was something I did for four years and then moved on. There are a handful of people with whom I really stay in touch from high school. 3-4 tops. The rest I kind of keep up with on Facebook.

Old 05-09-2013, 08:42 PM

1,331 posts, read 2,334,548 times
I've only been out of high school for 4 years so no.

But a word of advice, Guys do not realize how inept they are with women in High School. No matter how much game you think you had, and also no matter how much of a limp noodle you thought you were, I assure you there were women that wanted to do it with you, but you were oblivious due to teenage stupidity.

If you are single, you can get an unimaginable amount of leg. And not just nice leg, but leg with a history, Forbidden fruit leg. The one that got away leg. I had no idea you wanted to screw my brains out for 4 years leg. All different kinds of leg.

Old 05-09-2013, 08:49 PM

803 posts, read 1,667,614 times
About 30% of the 250 people in my class. Pretty good turnout, was a lot of fun.

Old 05-09-2013, 09:48 PM

4,096 posts, read 6,213,922 times
Almost all of them.

Old 05-10-2013, 12:19 AM

286 posts, read 331,517 times
Dunno, didn't go. Facebook has destroyed the point of going. You are already caught up with most people.

Our good friend was Class President so it was his job to put on the reunion party. He begged us to go then was bitter about the turnout so I assume no one went.

I went to a fairly large (1,500 senior class) school in Southern California. I lost interest to attend the reunions as each year went by. Some of it had to do with me taking longer to finish college than others. I got tired of hearing the question ''So what you been up to''. And then hearing about the awesome UC school they attended or awesome job daddy hooked them up with. Within the last year, I deleted almost all those people off my facebook anyway. Just a measuring stick, nothing else

Old 05-10-2013, 06:35 AM

838 posts, read 1,353,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
I went for one night. Saw everyone I wanted to see. I'm not one of those bitter people who say, "I hated everybody I went to high school." That says a lot more about their own arrested social development as people than it does about their classmates. I mean, if you're still bitter about high school at age 25 or 28, go see a therapist because you're the one with major snakes in the head.

But, at the same time, high school wasn't the end-all, be-all time of my life. It was something I did for four years and then moved on. There are a handful of people with whom I really stay in touch from high school. 3-4 tops. The rest I kind of keep up with on Facebook.
I know a few people that are like this and never understood it. I think the main reason is because they either weren't as popular as they wanted to be or they were just introverted and never tried to make friends.

I was introverted and still had a great time in high school. Matter of fact, me and 9 other high school friends had a bachelor weekend for a friend that is about to get married this past weekend. Were 28 years old and even though a lot of the guys are married and have kids, we acted like we were 18 years old again. It was a good time.

Our 10 year reunion is coming up this year but I'm not sure if I'll go or not.

Old 05-10-2013, 06:57 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,727,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebellious1 View Post
I know a few people that are like this and never understood it. I think the main reason is because they either weren't as popular as they wanted to be or they were just introverted and never tried to make friends.

I was introverted and still had a great time in high school. Matter of fact, me and 9 other high school friends had a bachelor weekend for a friend that is about to get married this past weekend. Were 28 years old and even though a lot of the guys are married and have kids, we acted like we were 18 years old again. It was a good time.

Our 10 year reunion is coming up this year but I'm not sure if I'll go or not.
Or some of us got bullied relentlessly and have zero desire to relive those memories. I NEVER want to see those s again. I will NEVER go to any HS reunion. I'm just concentrated on moving forward.

Old 05-10-2013, 08:51 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,141,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Or some of us got bullied relentlessly and have zero desire to relive those memories. I NEVER want to see those s again. I will NEVER go to any HS reunion. I'm just concentrated on moving forward.
Well, if that's the case, then you really need to resolve the anger that's plainly evident here. Because it will affect every single relationship you have for the rest of your life, and your life will suffer because of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships