Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2015, 03:19 PM

1,134 posts, read 1,124,379 times

Advertisements

Don't feel bad.... I'm a terrible parent, a doormat and a narcissist according to some of these forums.

I came here a month ago for help with a driveway problem and got such an outpouring of suggestions and help from total strangers. They encouraged me and I took their advice.

I'm amazed at times of the downright nastiness of people and sometimes I get nasty back and I'm a doormat! hahaha

It must be nice to be perfect like they are.

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2015, 04:08 PM

18,527 posts, read 18,748,986 times
Bullies join forums to pick holes in others as it makes them feel better about their own dull lives.. saddos with nothing of interest to give or get out of life......... cliques make me feel sick.. their the worst of the lot. the ones who need back up... school playground stuff and nasty... thankfully Ive not seen much of it on here.. in fact Ive met some really nice people..Hiding behind a screen gives some a false sense of power...

Old 03-10-2015, 04:27 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam1957 View Post
Don't feel bad.... I'm a terrible parent, a doormat and a narcissist according to some of these forums.

I came here a month ago for help with a driveway problem and got such an outpouring of suggestions and help from total strangers. They encouraged me and I took their advice.

I'm amazed at times of the downright nastiness of people and sometimes I get nasty back and I'm a doormat! hahaha

It must be nice to be perfect like they are.

Good luck!
yeah, I think sometimes, they provoke, b/c they love a good argument...and to get things heated up....get a rise out of you, yanno.....

I've had people mock me for how I write and spell....don't really care anymore, but when I first started writing in this forum, it really hurt my feelings....

You learn from every experience in life, and this forum has given me much thicker skin. LOL

Old 03-10-2015, 09:12 AM

18,527 posts, read 18,748,986 times
Uch you dont bother about the pedantic idiots, they thrive on others squirming at being told off... like school teachers.. just ignore...

Old 03-10-2015, 01:32 PM

1,134 posts, read 1,124,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
yeah, I think sometimes, they provoke, b/c they love a good argument...and to get things heated up....get a rise out of you, yanno.....

I've had people mock me for how I write and spell....don't really care anymore, but when I first started writing in this forum, it really hurt my feelings....

You learn from every experience in life, and this forum has given me much thicker skin. LOL

Thanks for the tips! I was also told to grow a pair! Maybe getting into some bantering at times might help me to get a "pair" or "thicker skin".

I do believe there are positive learning experiences to all negative things in life.

Old 03-17-2015, 12:26 AM

412 posts, read 545,698 times
On some message boards it is really difficult to start a conversation because there will be like 10 replies saying "Who cares" and maybe a couple of trolls attacking because that is what they do. Maybe a few thought out/serious responses. That's what it's like on one forum I frequent in particular. It is a really fun place to post, but if you are not on the posters' good side that day, you will never get any respect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships