Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 11:59 AM

1,843 posts, read 3,057,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
Sometimes I get friend requests. Today I got such a request from a member whose tag line is "1000 friends and counting." I have a few "friends" but so what??? Am I missing something as far as this feature, I don't get it.
I don't have any. I've been a member for a few months & just come on here to read the boards or post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2013, 08:12 PM

24,100 posts, read 32,460,014 times
You never know when friends can come in handy. On C-D or elsewhere.

I haven't had any creepy experiences on C-D with anyone who requested my friendship. I have also become real life friends in a few instances.

If you are overly paranoid social media, including C-D might not be for you.

The only person who I've had a real issue with on C-D was not a friend - on C-D or elsewhere. Having friends on C-D helped in that instance.

Old 05-20-2013, 08:24 PM

14,016 posts, read 20,902,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
You never know when friends can come in handy. On C-D or elsewhere.

I haven't had any creepy experiences on C-D with anyone who requested my friendship. I have also become real life friends in a few instances.

If you are overly paranoid social media, including C-D might not be for you.

The only person who I've had a real issue with on C-D was not a friend - on C-D or elsewhere. Having friends on C-D helped in that instance.
I get your point. However, when I think of the friends I have on C-D it has nothing to do with the few that are officially listed as "friends". My real friends here, whether officially designated or not, will come to my aid if I'm being unfairly attacked, as I will to theirs.

Old 05-20-2013, 10:54 PM

6,471 posts, read 6,674,898 times
I decline friend requests when I have no idea who the poster is.

I only have about 10 designated CD friends, most of whom I sent the friend request to after being particularly impressed with something they posted, or otherwise feeling some sort of common mindset on a topic. No big deal, but it's a quick list of posters who earned my respect in one way or another. Then when I see those names in various threads, I know I can consider them "good guys."

Old 05-20-2013, 11:05 PM

24,100 posts, read 32,460,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
i decline friend requests when i have no idea who the poster is.

I only have about 10 designated cd friends, most of whom i sent the friend request to after being particularly impressed with something they posted, or otherwise feeling some sort of common mindset on a topic. No big deal, but it's a quick list of posters who earned my respect in one way or another. Then when i see those names in various threads, i know i can consider them "good guys."
same ^^^^.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships