Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 07:57 PM

6,727 posts, read 9,946,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
Too yuppyified for me, but I would watch a videotape of the proceedings for my amusement.
That's really funny. I can only think of one person I've ever encountered on C D who tries to present himself as a Yuppie. My opinion is he's just a blowhard. I think you should seriously consider showing up if and when this meet-up takes place and I bet you'd be surprised.

I'd be interested to meet some of those who have to disagree, and disagreeably do so, with every opinion. Just to see how tame they are One-on-One.

I'd also like to meet the one poster who is an expert on every subject (but can't spell for *****). It would be my pleasure to remind said poster of all the contradictory posts made over the years.

Oh, gee. I think I'd just enjoy the heck out of seeing how close my mental image comes to the real thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2013, 12:24 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,471,880 times
I'd consider going if it wasn't too far from where I live, which is unlikely.

Old 05-21-2013, 09:27 AM

1,755 posts, read 2,996,141 times
No, I most likely wouldn't. I only get as close to people as I can tolerate and while I've met some really GREAT people here, there's a lot more people that I don't think I'd care to meet in person.

Old 05-21-2013, 10:06 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,034,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clevergirl05 View Post
If City-Data were to hold an informal get-together, (1) would you attend, and (2) when and where would you recommend it be held?

Would I attend? Maybe. When and where would I recommend it be held? Summertime on a cruise ship (anyone but Carnival ) would be nice.

So, what do you think?
maybe the mods should just invite the rest of us to their annual High-Fallutin Ball that they hold every year.

Old 05-21-2013, 11:31 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,104,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Yes.

And I'd bring the voodoo dolls.
Haha!! Can I help!

Old 05-21-2013, 11:42 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,029,399 times
I've met 4 members from this forum in person, each individually, and would love to meet some of the people on here. Only problem is I live in Australia.

Old 05-21-2013, 12:55 PM

582 posts, read 1,118,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockJock1729 View Post
I'd go. Especially if it was held in Vegas. Because what happens in Vegas, stays on the internet (once I post it to Youtube).
That's specifically why I said "maybe ."

*sigh* Don't you miss the good ol' days before cell phone cameras and YouTube ?

Old 05-21-2013, 01:16 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,802,767 times
I used to organize a Sat. brunch or coffee for Salt Lake City. We met every 3-4 months but now I live in TX. There was a core of regulars and several who came once or twice, maybe just curious. We enjoyed it.

I would go to a local one but not drive or fly more than an hour. .

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 05-21-2013, 02:07 PM

2,569 posts, read 7,740,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalite View Post
No, I most likely wouldn't. I only get as close to people as I can tolerate and while I've met some really GREAT people here, there's a lot more people that I don't think I'd care to meet in person.
Yes, this. I'm glad you said it first. You put it much more nicely than I would have managed to do.

I have considered attending big get-together events on other forums I have frequented in the past and the ONLY reason I didn't go to those was due to time and distance.

CD though? Um, no thanks. I might meet up with someone one on one if they were nearby but overall, a group CD get together does not appeal to me due to the overall type of people I encounter around here.

Old 05-21-2013, 03:54 PM

11,362 posts, read 9,275,640 times
I would go, but not on a cruise. I imagine that would be unaffordable for most people. Singles have to pay double as prices are listed "double occupancy." No way am I getting matched with a roommate.

It would also depend where it is. Much better chance for me to attend if it was held on the East Coast.

I attended many gatherings in the past, not city data but meeting posters from a Maryland newspaper message board.
The gatherings were always a lot of fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships