Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 01:40 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,955,169 times

Advertisements

Married people are boring.
When they marry, they have to take the oath to never hang out with other people again and to become boring.
If they are breaking the oath, they have to get divorced and become fun again.

OP, I am glad you figured that secret out!

I am single, LOTS OF FUN but wouldnt hang out with coworkers either. I see them 8 hours at work, I need to see other people on my time off!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2013, 01:51 PM

2,966 posts, read 5,215,120 times
Most, yes. I lost most of my friends when they got married. Jealous wives who didnt want them continuing friendships with female friends, a few married religous zealots and immediately turned boring, the ones that had kids made a complete 360 and went from going out and having fun, fun hobbies, and weekend fun stuff, to buying mini vans and doing all kid activities.

I am married 11 years, no kids and still go out and have fun, or drink at bars, etc., when I feel like it. All of my old friends are doing toddler, kid and school stuff.

I think having kids has more to do with it than simply being married. Kids = boooooring. I would rather sit in a room and bash my head against a wall than listen to couples talk about daycare and midget footbal. /gag.

Old 05-21-2013, 02:25 PM

6,471 posts, read 6,671,375 times
My husband and I have a ton of fun with each other. We constantly make each other laugh. We have a diverse circle of friends, and we call have a great time with each other. Now, our definition of "fun" has changed through the years....I don't enjoy getting rip-roaring drunk (and the subsequent puking my guts out), or partying and dancing until 4 in the morning. But we love concerts, theater, festivals, traveling, reading, cooking, learning new things, and great conversation. I'd be pretty bored if I had to hang out for hours at night clubs every weekend.

Frankly I don't care if some young single thinks we are boring.....we are not bored with each other and that's all that matters to us!!

Old 05-21-2013, 06:44 PM

1,733 posts, read 2,180,246 times
I just sat and thought about it, I mentioned my one married friend with kids whose life I find boring; I have another married, childless friend - her and her husband are LOADS of fun! She's unsure about kids, they just bought a house, and are still in the "Party Like a Rockstar" phase - cookouts, costume parties, all kinds of fun at their house. My friend still gets away from her hubby to come to girls' night out, or plans fun trips for us out of town.

I guess it depends on the couple, kid status, age of kids, priorities, interests, etc.

Old 05-21-2013, 07:25 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,723,992 times
From the tone of this thread, it is pretty much having kids that everything up. That is why I will fiercely fight to stay childfree.

Old 05-21-2013, 09:24 PM

3,966 posts, read 10,696,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintsboy701 View Post
I work with this married man. He is a very quiet person. When he do talk, he only talks about his wife and kids. So i started to talk to him to see what is he all about. The first 2 months started off ok till i ask him if he wanna hang out. He always gives me some excuse why he can't go. Every time our co workers go out to eat for lunch, he never comes with us or he eats by myself. I ask him do he have any friends and he said no, his wife is his only friend that he has. So are married people boring? Do they like talking to other types of people? I have never hung out, or talk to married people before.
Sounds like this man needs a divorce. Marriage is the death.

Old 05-22-2013, 04:15 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,034,272 times
Haven't you heard, you have to put your life on hold when you marry and have kids. Your life revolves around them.

Old 05-22-2013, 05:28 AM

11,052 posts, read 12,434,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemidancer View Post
"Fun" is a relative term. Maybe his idea of fun is spending quality time with his family. Maybe he has moved beyond the self-absorbed, "party like a rock star " phase of his life and has decided to engage in more productive, meaningful endeavors. Or maybe he just doesn't feel inclined to "hang out " with someone who obviously has little in common with him beyond the work place.
Where did I say "party like a rockstar?" WHere did I say "hang out with people you don't have anything in common with?"

Way to put words in my mouth. You sound like a boring married person.

Old 05-22-2013, 05:29 AM

11,052 posts, read 12,434,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmantz65 View Post
I've been married for five years and have two small children. After work and family/house commitments, I pretty much have zero free time. I guess I am "boring". I have zero friends left. We have all moved apart into different stages of our life. I have acquaintances at work, but I don't hang out with them after work or on weekends. My wife has one friend and she is from college. They hang out occasionally.
Sounds miserable.

Old 05-22-2013, 05:48 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,723,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
Where did I say "party like a rockstar?" WHere did I say "hang out with people you don't have anything in common with?"

Way to put words in my mouth. You sound like a boring married person.
Thank you! I like to party like a rock star but I also volunteer on occasion and am hoping to get into grad school.Sorry responsible self-absorbed single person posting here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships