Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 07:53 PM

151 posts, read 270,160 times

Advertisements

I have a problem with one of my mates who I am thinking I should ditch.

My mate is a good guy but when we go to the clubs and women approach me he gets drunk then in a angry bitter mood and storms off. Its not my fault women approach me, its not my fault they are not attracted to him.

The problem my mate has with women is he is to nice and boring, he is always trying to hard with them. Where I would tease a women he would try to be all sweet and nice, so women find him boring. Also my mate is a lanky guy he has no muscle, I have tried to get him in to gym work but he is not interested. I am a well built guy myself and many girls find this attractive.

Its starting to get annoying now, I do like getting numbers but having my mate around is cranking my style. I have tried to set him up with girls but girls are never interested in him and my mate always gets all bitter when they show me more attention them him. He is a good guy and I dont want to ditch him but if he does not lift his game I will.

Has anyone dealt with a bitter mate before? what did you do about it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2013, 08:18 PM

25 posts, read 67,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xzane View Post

My mate is a good guy but when we go to the clubs and women approach me he gets drunk then in a angry bitter mood and storms off. Its not my fault women approach me, its not my fault they are not attracted to him.

The problem my mate has with women is he is to nice and boring, he is always trying to hard with them. Where I would tease a women he would try to be all sweet and nice, so women find him boring. Also my mate is a lanky guy he has no muscle, I have tried to get him in to gym work but he is not interested. I am a well built guy myself and many girls find this attractive.

Its starting to get annoying now, I do like getting numbers but having my mate around is cranking my style. I have tried to set him up with girls but girls are never interested in him and my mate always gets all bitter when they show me more attention them him. He is a good guy and I dont want to ditch him but if he does not lift his game I will.

I don't think being nice is the problem.

I think being nice is probably a insecurity when it comes to females, because they don't know how to act around guys who are nice.

Just because someone is nice doesn't mean they are lame, can't have a good time with girls, etc.

Maybe your friend has the same kind of insecurities?

Old 06-04-2013, 09:39 PM

151 posts, read 270,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatisausername? View Post

I think being nice is probably a insecurity when it comes to females, because they don't know how to act around guys who are nice.

Just because someone is nice doesn't mean they are lame, can't have a good time with girls, etc.

Maybe, because the guy never gets laid unless if he pays for it.

But being nice is the problem, women my age (under 30) dont like nice guys and this is my mates problem. He needs to learn that women my age like the bad boy player who has muscle. I have tried to get my mate to join a gym and act different around girls but he does not do this.

I remember we also had a fight a while back (no fists were thrown) But what happened is that my friend likes this girl who he says "freindzoned" him. One night when we were all drinking the girl he liked kept on flirting with me, I could have slept with her but I choose not to but this still made my friend very bitter for a while.

Old 06-04-2013, 09:57 PM

1,280 posts, read 1,856,551 times
Quote:

Come on xzane! There is usually at least one not so attractive woman in a group. Ask the woman who hits on you to hook him up with her lanky friend.

Old 06-04-2013, 10:55 PM

163 posts, read 427,937 times
this is all wrong. Women - although many are worthless with mental problems - do like nice guys. They don't like wusses though. Don't confuse confidence and being a jerk. Entirely separate things.

Unless the girl has some sort of major hangups, the only reason you see them with major jerks is that confidence is higher on the priority list than being nice. Ideally, they'd like both

Old 06-05-2013, 12:25 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,701,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatisausername? View Post

Well I don't know about that, but I do tease the heck out of girls and kinda come off as a jerk, I would rather have them think of me like that instead of a nice guy.

Old 06-05-2013, 12:30 PM

5,831 posts, read 7,705,905 times
I think we've all heard enough about how great you are. You need a new topic, Jack.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relat...re-thread.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/non-r...-mate-bad.html

Old 06-06-2013, 11:35 AM

5,671 posts, read 4,349,619 times
Quote:

One thing...I have found strong evidence that if you look good enough...it doesn't matter how you act.

I had a friend who was a track runner who women salivated and swarmed over. He wasn't buff, but he definitely wasn't a twig either. He was what you might call, extremely healthy looking, and he had good looking genetics (except during high school when he looked like a 12 year old girl) He ran 14 miles per day and did hellish workouts.

He never needed to be a tough guy/nice guy/bad boy/etc. He just stayed relaxed and allowed members of the opposite sex mob him like women from an Axe Body Spray commercial

I'm sure he was quite pleased by this.

I looked better in high school, but not nearly so good afterwards. I never cared how many women he got.

He had a closer buddy he'd been inseparable with since they were little kids...who stayed looking like a 12 year old girl into his twenties. He was about my level of lack of skill with women, and he ran 14 miles per day...so he worked hard for it...and he was constantly around Mr. estrogen attracting black hole.

He never seemed to care how many women Mr. Well, I have a boyfriend, but he's not really important right now. What's important is competing with six other women for your attention, got.

Mr. If not for contraception...I, rather than George Washington, would be the father of our country, never seemed to be a bad boy or jerk though. Maybe that's why his friends weren't jealous?

Not that I know what to do about that....I don't understand what's going through your mate's mind. If you're inadvertently sucking up all the attention from women, and it clearly bothers him...why does he go to bars and clubs with you? Why does he not go to the gym if it clearly bothers him enough to not get attention at these bars and clubs?

Some of these idealistic people are hilarious.

I'm reminded of Mark Twain's "The Story of The Good Little Boy" which ends with him being blown to smithereens and forgotten, in a rather funny way....

There's also Mark Twain's "The Story of The Bad Little Boy" which ends in the following way:

And he grew up and married, and raised a large family, and brained them all with an axe one night, and got wealthy by all manner of cheating and rascality; and now he is the infernalist wickedest scoundrel in his native village, and is universally respected, and belongs to the Legislature
The Story Of The Bad Little Boy by Mark Twain

Last edited by Clintone; 06-06-2013 at 11:56 AM..

Old 06-06-2013, 11:42 AM

256 posts, read 479,994 times
I think your friend is looking for girls in wrong places. Clubs may work for you, but not for him. With the personality you described, he would have better luck on-line and/or in a meetup group, etc.
Because nice girls don't look for nice guys in clubs/bars

Old 06-07-2013, 06:52 PM

25 posts, read 67,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Dragonfly View Post
I think your friend is looking for girls in wrong places. Clubs may work for you, but not for him. With the personality you described, he would have better luck on-line and/or in a meetup group, etc.
Because nice girls don't look for nice guys in clubs/bars
Well said.

Night clubs and bars are usually for people who just want to hookup or have sex. But I would still think people could go to them just to have a good time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships