Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 05:49 PM

582 posts, read 1,118,310 times

Advertisements

Assuming that two men are straight – not that there's anything wrong with being gay (my philosophy on sexuality is live and let live, plus I have one or two gay male friends) – do you think it's "odd" for a straight guy to playfully slap another straight guy on the butt when sports are not involved?

I personally think it's "odd," considering most (but not all) straight guys neither want nor like men's hands touching them anywhere, especially on or near their butts. I just found it "odd" that Chad Johnson (aka Chad Ochocinco, a former NFL wide receiver), an allegedly straight black man (he always sets off my gay-dar, but whatever... ), felt the need to playfully slap his lawyer on the butt in court this week. Go to jail, Chad Johnson - CBSSports

So, do you think it's "odd" for a straight guy to playfully slap another straight guy on the butt when sports are not involved ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2013, 06:05 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,673,750 times
You've never lived in a fraternity house.

Old 06-12-2013, 06:09 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,207,670 times
Oh my, the boys in the frat houses are going to be very upset to hear that they cannot do what they have been doing since before frat houses existed. It is a male bonding, hunter, gatherer sort of primal thingy. Who knows why they do it but they do it and it has no sexual motive because there is nothing sexual about it.

What exactly is "gay-dar"? I do not understand the apparant need to use words that do not even exist.

Old 06-12-2013, 06:22 PM

582 posts, read 1,118,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Oh my, the boys in the frat houses are going to be very upset to hear that they cannot do what they have been doing since before frat houses existed. It is a male bonding, hunter, gatherer sort of primal thingy. Who knows why they do it but they do it and it has no sexual motive because there is nothing sexual about it.

What exactly is "gay-dar"? I do not understand the apparant need to use words that do not even exist.
It's gay radar; the ability to recognize homosexuals through observation or intuition. Gaydar - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Most (but apparently not all) people know that gaydar is meant to be a harmless joke. Geez...

Old 06-12-2013, 06:24 PM

1,490 posts, read 4,753,706 times
My boys (one is my bio 17 yr old son, the other is my unofficial 16 yr old foster son) wrestle, punch each other, and yes...smack each others butts. They also both sleep in the same queen size bed. I have never seen any indication that they are attracted to each other (or other boys) sexually.

No big deal to me.

Old 06-12-2013, 06:33 PM

2,903 posts, read 3,454,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabinerose View Post
My boys (one is my bio 17 yr old son, the other is my unofficial 16 yr old foster son) wrestle, punch each other, and yes...smack each others butts. They also both sleep in the same queen size bed. I have never seen any indication that they are attracted to each other (or other boys) sexually.

No big deal to me.
I find this odd.

Old 06-12-2013, 07:23 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,711,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfieBoy View Post
I find this odd.
Why. Please be specific.

Old 06-12-2013, 08:01 PM

1,490 posts, read 4,753,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfieBoy View Post
I find this odd.
What part is odd to you? The fact that I can't supply a separate room to each of them or the part that they are as comfortable as brothers around each other?

Old 06-12-2013, 08:10 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,894,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 43north87west View Post
You've never lived in a fraternity house.
...or watched a football game, apparently.

Old 06-12-2013, 09:48 PM

125 posts, read 159,023 times
I'm a gay male. My straight friends did this in high school and college. I think this type of male behavior has to do with some kind of primal male bonding instinct, reinforcement of a warrior ethos, or something along those lines. It never seemed homoerotic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships