Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2013, 12:02 PM

3 posts, read 11,091 times

Advertisements

I'm 16(her brother), and she's 19. She's back home with us for summer, summer break from college. She's taking some kind of martial arts or girls self defense classes at her University. Well she's mentioned it a few times, and I just got sick of hearing it, because she talks about "Girl Power" and I thought it was all talk. I told her all that girls defense stuff won't really work on guys because we're just too strong. We're about the same size, both 5'5, but she weighs a little more than me, maybe like 150. Anyway, I told her all her girls defense stuff is crap, and so she challenged me to a bet. Told me to come at her, try to like, take her down, grab her, like a guy would. She said she wouldn't do any full contact. So I said fine! I go to grab her with both of my hands, grab at her shoulers(like I'm gonna push her back) and her right foot shot straight at the middle of my stomach(didn't actually kick me). With both of my hands up, that karate kick woulda nailed my stomach! So I backed off for a second, but finally was just like "Aww, psh." and flung out my right hand to slap her(that's my good hand). I was sure the smack would hit, but then I was like "UHH?" cuz she had blocked my right hand out so it just hung out, blocked! I was like wtf?? I have NEVER had that happen! When I stood there with my good hand blocked out, she had this calm look and all easy brought up her right knee-aimed RIGHT at the center of my jewels! I was like "Oooohhh damn!" I woulda never thought that could happen to me though! I was pissed and I swore if she tried that again I'd just catch her knee. I can't hit with my other hand, so I dropped my right hand, figured maybe I just wasn't trying hard enough, so I was like "Awwww!" and flung out my right hand again for another smack, fast this time and way out! But in 2 motions it happened again! "Uhh?" my right hand blocked out, just like before, and then another right knee brought up, REALLY close, woulda got me again, hmph! She raised her eyes up at me kinda smiling cuz she knew! I yelled at her "Ohh, I HATE YOU! I LET you do that!" It was NOT fair for her to use that, her knee like that! There's like, NO way to defend that! I can't catch it and I can't see it coming. And I can't hit with my other hand, so when she blocked out my right hand there was nothing I could do! I guess she was right. But it's HARD to admit it to her, and I dunno the best way to admit it to her, that I'm sorry I talked all that crap and she was right. I've never been humiliated like this before, so how do I admit it to her?

Old 06-23-2013, 12:11 PM

1,481 posts, read 3,939,066 times
waaaa waaa.. She showed you huh?
You had it coming .. now go buy her a soda and ask her to show you how to do that

Old 06-23-2013, 12:14 PM

3 posts, read 11,091 times
Default she showed me

Yeah, I guess.

Old 06-23-2013, 12:43 PM

11,223 posts, read 16,387,154 times
You don't have to admit anything to her. She knows she can kick your ass.

Now, can you please edit that post and break it up a bit so future readers don't have such a hard time reading it?

Old 06-23-2013, 01:52 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,659,779 times
My, what a lot of unflattering detail about something you claim to be embarrassed by.

Old 06-23-2013, 02:07 PM

1,490 posts, read 4,746,187 times
Ahahaha

Sorry OP, but that whole scene you scribbled out is FUNNY!!

You pulled the macho "me man - you weak subservient girl" routine...and she was nice enough to not actually kick your azz.

Your little ego is damaged.

You want to know how to admit to her that she won? Tell her the truth...you underestimated her and you are grateful she pulled her kicks and punches so she didn't hurt you (physically anyway...can't speak for the ego).

Old 06-23-2013, 02:21 PM

6,727 posts, read 9,920,878 times
I find it like, really hard to believe you'd like, admit that your sister can whomp you on a board where like, nobody has to know. The only time that something can like, embarrass you is when somebody else knows about it.

How you deal with it is:

1. Believe your sister when she tells you something, and

2. Take some time off to like, get a handle on spelling and punctuation. I mean
like, come on, dude.

Old 06-23-2013, 02:24 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,791,829 times
LMAO!!! Now that's comedy.

Old 06-23-2013, 03:00 PM

13,513 posts, read 19,235,612 times
What's to admit?..You aught not to feel humiliated...rather you should tell her you're very impressed and proud of her, and that it makes you feel good knowing she can defend herself if need be...maybe even ask her for some tips?

Old 06-24-2013, 11:31 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,658,614 times
Assuming any of this is true, that's called "getting your a$$ handed to you" and is a valuable lesson for a teenager. Next time you're tempted to mouth off to someone, stop and think of the possible consequences. Your lucky it was your sister and she pulled her punches.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.