Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 09:57 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,147,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Yes, I suspect menopause, not depression, and now it's in the news how many more women now die from prescription drugs -- so it's probaby best that she not get hooked on those drugs.
Take her with you to a health food coop. There are homeopathic...natural herbs and things that can help with all the symptoms.
Do some reading and research. Hopefully she is ameniable to hearing your advice, it can help.
Menopause and Alternative Therapy
The Homeopathic Treatment of MENOPAUSE - Erika Price
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2013, 08:27 AM

67,652 posts, read 60,572,966 times
I just caught that their 32 year old son is living with them.

OK, this poor woman has a grown son, an ungrateful husband, and an extra "roomer" living in her house. No WONDER she is stressed out!!!!!!

Old 07-07-2013, 09:39 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,659,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I just caught that their 32 year old son is living with them.

OK, this poor woman has a grown son, an ungrateful husband, and an extra "roomer" living in her house. No WONDER she is stressed out!!!!!!
Yes, she needs to pack a small suitcase and head for the Keys, asap!

(oops, never mind, that would be me!)

Old 07-07-2013, 10:22 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,173,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
I live with friends, a married couple of 55 and 53, and her son who is 32.

Advice anyone? She is capable of ruining everyone's day including the dogs.
Move out.

Old 07-07-2013, 07:43 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,129,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
I live with friends, a married couple of 55 and 53, and her son who is 32.

My friends have been married for a loooooong time and they basically annoy the carp out of each other every single day.

My friend is a tiny little dynamo who takes care of everyone and is very very sweet, but lately she has been an absolute biatch. Very swift mood changes, quite startling. She doesn't sleep very well or eat very much, she gets up at 4am to cook for her son and husband who don't even thank her (she is traditional like that).

She got very depressed and started crying a lot and the doctor put her on antidepressants.

Since the first day she calmed down, slept better, ate more, yelled less.

The trouble is, she doesn't want to take them. I know she's run out and this morning she was roaring again. I've tried to tell her they don't work like aspirins, you can't just take them randomly, but she won't listen.

Advice anyone? She is capable of ruining everyone's day including the dogs.
Move out
or learn to ignore the yelling and the problems as though they are not a concern of yours. Don't get personally involved and treat them as strangers on the train (or her) politely, but stand up for yourself and use avoidance as much as possible. She got sick (emotionally) and life won't be easy anymore especially if she is not wanting to take the pills.

Old 07-12-2013, 03:37 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,224,411 times
Thanks all.

For those who've told me to "move out" - I'm here to help financially as well as other things.

She would have a boarder regardless, better it is me as I am a friend.

She won't let her son move out and he won't anyway because she waits on him hand and foot.

She's Filipina which might give you a better idea of her priorities - family, food, friends, in that order.

I've decided she's so stressed because she tries to control everyone and everything. For example, she won't "let" her husband drive after a certain hour because she's scared he will be pulled over by police.

It must be exhausting to feel so responsible for everything.

I didn't mention before that her husband is quite abusive which adds another dynamic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships