Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 01:05 AM

4,338 posts, read 7,507,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
What "list"? Are you talking about online? Who cares??

No real friend would care that your opinions differ. If these people are nothing more than online "friends", they are nothing to even lose a moment of concern over.
Yes, lol. I don't care either. Would you be not friends with someone if they don't agree with you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2013, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackscorpion View Post
What did you post???

I will say this..im about to delete my FB anyway..it's a joke, just like everything else made in this country..OOOHHH, I got an idea! Let's make a webpage where you can connect with others and be friends, we will call it social media, because you are being SOCIAL. Then we will throw in blocks, unfriends,arguments and people that aren't your friends adding/deleting you..yeah, sounds really social to me lol.
I gave a neutral opinion. I stated why the Not guilty was OK but also why a guilty verdict would be OK also.

Old 07-17-2013, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
They aren't really your friend. Friends may disagree, but always respect their true friends opinions, and the fact that they have one.

There is nothing more boring than hanging around people that have nothing to add to the conversation...or agree just to agree.

However, the case was extremely polarizing.

I personally saw some very disturbing posts by...not all, but many of people that support Zimmerman...Some of the ugliest examples of "humanity" since the 60's in my opinion. I found the blatant laughing and joking and generally acting racist to be very telling of the posters.

Not saying you were....But, If you were like that, that would be enough for some friends to want to disengage. And the opposite may be true for some of the ugly poster comments denegrating a dead teen too...They may not want to be your friend if they couldn't persuade you of Geroge's innosence
I respect other people's opinion.

Old 07-17-2013, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
"Friends"? Are we talking internet/digital friends?

Real life friends accept you for who you are. That is why they are friends. They may know you better than you do.

Do you have any of those?
I try to avoid sensitive topic with my real friends in life.

I am usually the odd ball that has a different opinion than others.

Old 07-17-2013, 07:36 AM

246 posts, read 374,885 times
If your real friends (not a random "buddy" on a faceless message board) would stop talking to you because of your opinion on something in the news, then they weren't a real friend to begin with.

If you are referring to your online "friends" who defriend you & you are gettign upset over that, you need to get out & interact with human beings more often.

Old 07-17-2013, 05:21 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,702,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
I gave a neutral opinion. I stated why the Not guilty was OK but also why a guilty verdict would be OK also.
Well I don't see how that is bad. I am glad he got not guilty...too many kids attack adults and they just get a slap on the wrist. Maybe this will make them think twice.

Old 07-17-2013, 06:41 PM

6,927 posts, read 6,937,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
Yes, lol. I don't care either. Would you be not friends with someone if they don't agree with you?
I guess you're thinking of FB friends whose posts you follow and stuff? Or just a name on your friend's list? I can't imagine anyone being concerned about the "madding" crowd on FB.

Anyhow, I wouldn't drop a friend who posted stuff I didn't agree with now and then - viva la difference and all that. However, if I had friended someone in the mistaken idea that they were a progressive when they actually were a tea party sympathizer (or visa versa), I'd probably drop them.

But I wouldn't stay up nights thinking about it.

Old 07-17-2013, 09:58 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,843,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
I've never understood the friend thing here on CD. It's not like you're getting status updates or anything, right? Maybe I'm missing out on something.

I just see the same people here and sometimes we agree, sometimes we don't. I don't befriend someone just because they backed me up on a thread. I've had someone back me up on one thread, when I've disagreed with them on just about every other thread I've seen them on.

Can you expound on the befriending at CD?
I agree with a lot of what Colorado Rambler has said.

Some people like to "collect" friends, on FB, on CD, anywhere. It's the numbers that are important, not the relationship. There was a newbie doing that recently on CD. We had nothing in common, yet he wanted to be friends, and when I asked why, he never responded, so I blocked him. Others though his friend collecting was cool, so they accepted. Whatever...

A lot of people have their personal info private, including their posting history. I have seen where some have viciously used this against someone they disagree with. It seems to me that some people have a "need to know". They are looking for more info about a certain person, so they friend ya hoping for more info.

Old 07-17-2013, 11:34 PM

6,927 posts, read 6,937,246 times
All this concern about cyber friends on FB (and other places on the Internet) baffles me. Cyber friends can be fun and all that, but I don't put anywhere near the energy into twenty cyber friends that I do one friend IRL. For one thing, I'm not going to throw a bunch of personal information out on the Internet to be read by lord knows who. For all I know, some con artist or guy sitting in a prison library is busy taking notes on his potential next victims. Even if that's a bit extreme, I still don't think it's wise to put yourself up in a show window for people to look at when you can't even see them or know that they're looking at you. I don't expect anyone else to do that, either.

So, how can you actually be a REAL friend with just an Internet persona? It makes no sense to me. Who cares if some complete stranger likes you or not? If someone would care to enlighten me on that, I'd be interested in knowing.

Old 07-18-2013, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackscorpion View Post
Well I don't see how that is bad. I am glad he got not guilty...too many kids attack adults and they just get a slap on the wrist. Maybe this will make them think twice.
Good point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships