Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 10:35 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,011,429 times

Advertisements

BRAGGERS and NEGATIVE POSTERS?

I see that I have to edit my friends list again because I am getting so sick of some people bragging and then you have the others who are always negative

Example of Bragging I saw yesterday

1. One friend has someone takes a picture of her kissing her boyfriend and then she posted it on FB with a message saying.........."I know I am breaking the rules but I am in love with this man"

2. One friend posted a picture several pics of him on vacation and every place they went to instead of just staying OFF facebook and enjoying the vacation like he would have done in 1999.

Examples of Negative Posters

1. "So sick of living in this city"

2. 'I'm bored"

3. "I am having a sh*tty day"

I know i am not the only FB person who sees these types of posts in their news feed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2013, 10:55 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,793,169 times
some fools think FB is a damn diary. It isn't.
The only negative posts that I give a pass to are those relaying information of a loved ones illness or passing.
People that continue to be negative whiners and those who are self-centered braggers get deleted.

Old 07-21-2013, 11:05 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,725,695 times
I am happy when my friends are happy and doing well.

As for the negative posters, they amuse me. It makes me laugh every time they post about their insignificant first world problems or self-inflicted dramas.

I feel the same way about certain posters here, including OP. I consider it free and limitless entertainment.

Old 07-21-2013, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
some fools think FB is a damn diary. It isn't.
The only negative posts that I give a pass to are those relaying information of a loved ones illness or passing.
People that continue to be negative whiners and those who are self-centered braggers get deleted.

I would never put any death of one of my relatives on Facebook.

Old 07-21-2013, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
I would never put any death of one of my relatives on Facebook.
Do you have a better way of notifying all of their friends and loved ones across the globe?

Old 07-21-2013, 11:26 AM

2,089 posts, read 1,417,063 times
If it gets to be their routine for posting and it annoys you, you can always "hide all posts from______" by hovering the cursor over the little arrow at the upper right of every post.

Old 07-21-2013, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Do you have a better way of notifying all of their friends and loved ones across the globe?

They will just have to find out from someone else because I don't think Facebook is for death news of family

Old 07-21-2013, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagrape Grove View Post
If it gets to be their routine for posting and it annoys you, you can always "hide all posts from______" by hovering the cursor over the little arrow at the upper right of every post.

Thank you I will do that today

Old 07-21-2013, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
They will just have to find out from someone else because I don't think Facebook is for death news of family
This doesn't make sense. When someone dies it is not just family who needs to be informed. So is it ok to pass on the news of a friend's death, as long as the family doesn't read it?

Old 07-21-2013, 11:51 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,793,169 times
Quote:
Quote:
This doesn't make sense. When someone dies it is not just family who needs to be informed. So is it ok to pass on the news of a friend's death, as long as the family doesn't read it?
I'm with you. Quickest way to let people know who need to know and for friends who care to know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships