Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 05:14 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,237,862 times

Advertisements

Just Say No.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2013, 05:46 PM

4,829 posts, read 8,724,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Setting aside my suspicions that this is a trollish post, I'll just say - your judgmental condemnation of her physical appearance rules out your ever being anything remotely resembling a friend. Nowhere in your post was there any mention or acknowledgement of any of her positive qualities. Everyone has them.

If you see them, why didn't you list them before (or at least after) cataloging her perceived physical deficits???

If you don't, you are a jerk - own it and move on.

Not to mention, he says he was taught to be nice to everyone, "even the less fortunate ones".

Some people may not have striking good looks but they are great people. It's a shame that people can't get past someone's looks and miss out on someone who may be great for them.

Old 08-02-2013, 05:51 PM

4,829 posts, read 8,724,280 times
Many, many years ago when I was a teen (17), I worked at a service company. One of my team members was a woman probably in her late 20s, early 30s. She was very overweight but was also a funny, intelligent, and kind person. She had a crush on a guy in another department. She asked someone to ask him if he was available. He said he's "flattered" but doesn't date women who are overweight.

Well, she figured if she lost weight, he would go for her. She worked at it.... dieted, worked out, etc and lost a good amount of weight to a point of being average weight. She asked someone again to ask him if he's available and he made a HUGE joke of it and of her weight loss and how she went through all that for him, etc etc etc.

It completely devastated her.

She ended up becoming extremely depressed and gained all the weight back and more. She cut her hair super short. Her attitude toward people changed a lot after that as well.

If this ******* would have given her a chance and went out to dinner with her, he would have seen what a great person she was. Instead, he decides to go by looks or whatever other crap "standards" he had and destroyed the self esteem of a good woman.

Old 08-02-2013, 06:47 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,715,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amisi View Post
Many, many years ago when I was a teen (17), I worked at a service company. One of my team members was a woman probably in her late 20s, early 30s. She was very overweight but was also a funny, intelligent, and kind person. She had a crush on a guy in another department. She asked someone to ask him if he was available. He said he's "flattered" but doesn't date women who are overweight.

Well, she figured if she lost weight, he would go for her. She worked at it.... dieted, worked out, etc and lost a good amount of weight to a point of being average weight. She asked someone again to ask him if he's available and he made a HUGE joke of it and of her weight loss and how she went through all that for him, etc etc etc.

It completely devastated her.

She ended up becoming extremely depressed and gained all the weight back and more. She cut her hair super short. Her attitude toward people changed a lot after that as well.

If this ******* would have given her a chance and went out to dinner with her, he would have seen what a great person she was. Instead, he decides to go by looks or whatever other crap "standards" he had and destroyed the self esteem of a good woman.
Sorry but the girl was NOT entitled to a date just because she lost weight for him. He was a tool for making fun of her, but he was not obligated to go out with her just because she liked him and did all that work for his intent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships