Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 12:19 AM

728 posts, read 1,899,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labrat70 View Post
Ok here goes:

(Nice truck BTW)

(Remember I am being very analytical and detailed in my own way per my own observations over the years)

You are probably between 30-40*Still with your high school sweetheart or have been married/relationship for quite sometime

You are moderate/middle of the road to somewhat conservative but definitely not ultra right

My best guess is you are blue collar -some kind of trade or perhaps craftsman/ Trade school or College Grad

You are a Home Depot kind of guy who is handy around the house. If you don't know how to fix it, you can figure it out unless it is something too technical

You come from strong (family) values- you are patriotic but not a patriot.

You engage in some kind of outdoor activity, being fishing, boating, maybe hiking or perhaps hunting, but your no Ted Nugent

Your are a jeans and t-shirt kinda guy, you clean up very nice but fashion isn't you're thing

Probably listen to Classic Rock-maybe even country music/ you like the Discovery Channel and the History Channel

One of the reasons you take such good care of the truck is because you have a strong sentimental attachment to things. You probably kept all your high school year books and still keep in touch with childhood friends. You don't get rid of things because of fond memories. Which is also why you keep the truck! Not because you're cheap. However, I would venture to say, the reason you do not purchase a new truck is probably because you spend money somewhere else, maybe on your hobbies or activities, could even be real estate.

You don't have a ton a friends you keep around, but you have one or two close guy friends you keep in touch with.

Again, you're not cheap with money, but somewhat conservative, you know the value of a dollar, but will splurge on something you really want.

How did I do???
I am in absolute shock. You described me almost perfectly except the being married part but other than that I have to congratulate you on your flawless assessment. Heck I think you know me better than anyone else that actually KNOWS me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2013, 12:32 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
This ^^^.

Plus the pot bellied middle agers driving around in a Corvette. Yes, it seems like they are trying to compensate for something.....

But what is the statement from the guys that drive those little ferrin things with the tin can muffler than sound like a hive of bees coming at you. They seem to think they have a high 'cool' factor.....but anything which could be dusted by my mom's Buick doesn't seem to scream 'stud', does it?
Jealous much?

Old 08-04-2013, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainGuy74 View Post
I am in absolute shock. You described me almost perfectly except the being married part but other than that I have to congratulate you on your flawless assessment. Heck I think you know me better than anyone else that actually KNOWS me
Um.

That like describes about a bazillion people ( or how they see themselves, anyway).

Old 08-04-2013, 01:21 AM

43 posts, read 51,143 times
Quote:
Really??? I nailed it??

So can you fill in the other blanks were I was vauge, like out door activity, profession, age, music, where your money goes, etc

Just fill in the blanks, I am so curious!

Now, to everyone else who says a car doesn't tell you anything about a person, what do you think now???

Old 08-04-2013, 01:24 AM

Ok.

Describe me.

2011 Corvette Grandsport convertible LT4
2012 Toyota 4 Runner
1999 Mustang SVT
1977 Kawasaki KZ650

Of course, everything is clean.

Old 08-04-2013, 01:34 AM

43 posts, read 51,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Um.

That like describes about a bazillion people ( or how they see themselves, anyway).
Really Stan4? Dude, I have never met this guy. Know nothing about him. Saw a picture of his truck and made an assessment as posed on the OP and you are calling me out on it? Really?

I wasn't wild guessing, it really is easy to do if you are at all into car or trucks and notice details about people and their personalities. Simply personality traits buy/like certain vehicles. PERIOD. Still skeptical? Want me to do you?

Old 08-04-2013, 01:36 AM

Do it!!!

Old 08-04-2013, 02:13 AM

728 posts, read 1,899,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labrat70 View Post
Really??? I nailed it??

So can you fill in the other blanks were I was vauge, like out door activity, profession, age, music, where your money goes, etc

Just fill in the blanks, I am so curious!

Now, to everyone else who says a car doesn't tell you anything about a person, what do you think now???
You are probably between 30-40*Still with your high school sweetheart or have been married/relationship for quite sometime: I'm 39 and I am currently NOT married (She ran off with some guy a couple of years ago so it's just my son and I

You are moderate/middle of the road to somewhat conservative but definitely not ultra rightI'm a live and let live kind of guy

My best guess is you are blue collar -some kind of trade or perhaps craftsman/ Trade school or College GradAlthough I currently work as a security officer I did previously work for CA State Parks until laid off due to budget cuts

You are a Home Depot kind of guy who is handy around the house. If you don't know how to fix it, you can figure it out unless it is something too technical I am certainly a Home Depot kind of guy and I almost always do my own repairs if I can. Google is the best tool I have for repairs at home and under the hood

You come from strong (family) values- you are patriotic but not a patriot.My parents are still together after 40 years and my family remains close to this day

You engage in some kind of outdoor activity, being fishing, boating, maybe hiking or perhaps hunting, but your no Ted NugentI live in the mountains so I am very much an outdoors person. I like to hike, camp and fish although I don't eat the fish and just catch and release. Would NEVER dream of hunting for sport and only would hunt for survival (once I run out of canned food of course)

Your are a jeans and t-shirt kinda guy, you clean up very nice but fashion isn't you're thingI am very much a jeans and tshirt type of guy. Only reason I have shirts with collars are just in case I have to go to a church thing or a job interview.

Probably listen to Classic Rock-maybe even country music/ you like the Discovery Channel and the History ChannelI am a very interested in history and most of my books on my shelf indicate that I have a passion for local history. Love classic rock and want Free Bird played at my funeral.

One of the reasons you take such good care of the truck is because you have a strong sentimental attachment to things. You probably kept all your high school year books and still keep in touch with childhood friends. You don't get rid of things because of fond memories. Which is also why you keep the truck! Not because you're cheap. However, I would venture to say, the reason you do not purchase a new truck is probably because you spend money somewhere else, maybe on your hobbies or activities, could even be real estate.I wish I could say I bought the truck new back in 96 but there was no way I could afford a 38K truck back then, I bought it from the original owner who took very good care of it. I had previously owned a suburban and a tahoe so I was already familiar with the truck. I've owned new cars before and although it does feel nice to have something new I would much rather spend the money spent on a car payment on something else. I tend to spend my money on just paying bills, rent and whatever is left I use to go someplace fun with my son.

You don't have a ton a friends you keep around, but you have one or two close guy friends you keep in touch with.I have one close friend I have been friends with since junior high that I do keep in touch with but he lives a couple of hours away so we see each other maybe once or twice a year. Never been a social butterfly so I don't really have any friends that I hang out with on a regular basis which would explain why I'm on this forum all the time

Again, you're not cheap with money, but somewhat conservative, you know the value of a dollar, but will splurge on something you really want.I'm not cheap but I am also not one to spoil myself either although people think I should. I tend to think of my son before I think of myself so usually when I have a little extra cash I buy something for him or for us rather than just for myself.

So there you go. Pretty darn acurate. Kudos!

Old 08-04-2013, 08:15 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,771,834 times
Quote:
You are probably between 30-40*Still with your high school sweetheart or have been married/relationship for quite sometime: I'm 39 and I am currently NOT married
/snipped/
You don't have a ton a friends you keep around, but you have one or two close guy friends you keep in touch with.I have one close friend I have been friends with since junior high that I do keep in touch with but he lives a couple of hours away so we see each other maybe once or twice a year. Never been a social butterfly so I don't really have any friends that I hang out with on a regular basis which would explain why I'm on this forum all the time

Again, you're not cheap with money, but somewhat conservative, you know the value of a dollar, but will splurge on something you really want.I'm not cheap but I am also not one to spoil myself either although people think I should. I tend to think of my son before I think of myself so usually when I have a little extra cash I buy something for him or for us rather than just for myself.

So there you go. Pretty darn acurate. Kudos!
I think it is pretty cool someone is that analytical and to see your response to what they are thinking. It is way more than I would have thought initially based on how this thread started.

I see large SUVs like that and think similarly about the owners. I admit, I try not to judge people form the cars they drive, but I know almost all of us do so, like we would judge someone's appearance usually when meeting them for the first time. A car that someone chooses to own and drive tells you a bit about that person anyway.

Just as you do, I try to hold onto my cars as much as possible for the same reasons you list (usually I can keep mine more than 10 years +). Mine were made in the late 90s and I drive them to avoid making car payments as long as possible.

Some cars I have knack for telling how old they are while others, I am not so sure. I haven't owned a Suburban, so not really good about judging how old the model is by sight. I hope you can keep using it another 10 years.

Old 08-04-2013, 09:37 AM

1,006 posts, read 2,215,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
At first I was going to say "nothing," but this is a good point. Plus, I live in a city with narrow streets, and a huge car (with its poor gas mileage) just isn't practical.

Don't discount this! I recently moved with about the largest, crew cab diesel 4 x 4 full size truck you can get. It was relatively common where I used to live, but as soon as i moved it stood out as the biggest thing on the road. It was hard to park, hard to maneuver etc. I quickly bought a much more compact car for daily commuting. So now, when i think suburban, I think...where will he park it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships