Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 08:14 PM

43 posts, read 51,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Ok.

Describe me.

2011 Corvette Grandsport convertible LT4
2012 Toyota 4 Runner
1999 Mustang SVT
1977 Kawasaki KZ650

Of course, everything is clean.
This is definitely harder to do because of so many vehicles involved. Not too many people have 3 cars and a bike. I base my analysis on the the persons car, not CARS (plural) so this is a little different and harder. I will tell you that my bother in law has 2 old Firebirds he is working on restoring, 2 trucks, 4 other cars and 4 motorcycles. He is 40 yrs old, a Fire Fighter, never been married and no kids, no girlfriend. He has issues.

Anyway, since you didn't say which car it is that you drive the most, I am going to assume you drive the Corvette most of the time. Now, having owned one years ago, I can speak from experience, the Corvette is an extremely uncomfortable car to use for daily transportation. Which poses a lot of questions here.

So based on the Corvette as your main car, you are a bit of a show boat. You dress nice, not Gucci or anything, but you are concerned with your appearance. You have a busy social and/or activity schedule, you do in fact have many friends and they would say you are the "life of the party". You are white collar-college grad-probably went to a good school (not community college)

Based on the fact that you also have a Mustang and the motorcycle, it is apparent you have a need for speed. Adrenaline junkie. You were probably pretty reckless when you were younger. You probably watch the Speed channel a lot and shows like Overhaulin and Counts Customs, etc

If I had to guess age, right off the bat, I would suspect that you were young, however with all those vehicles you probably have a few bucks, not uber rich, but you are doing pretty well. So I am going to say 30-40 age range or you just went thru a mid life crisis (but I don't think that is the case here) The KZ600 is a little bit of a mystery to me, it makes me think you might be even older, because not too many youngsters would appreciate an old classic like that, so I wonder if you are in the 40-50 range instead.

Ordinarily in this circumstance, I would say that you are single, but your not, guessing that one of the cars is driven by a wife or girlfriend, which is why you have the truck, only because you need a "family" vehicle and the Toyota 4 runner was the "coolest" family type vehicle you could buy. No way would you buy a Mini Van!

Did I get close?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2013, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhlcomp View Post
Hmmmm .... I drive a Prius and a Porsche 911 Carrera ..
I somehow doubt that. That makes no sense. Unless it is an old Porsche.

Old 08-04-2013, 08:19 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times
My Jeep Cherokee 1998 says I am happy to be without a car payment.

Old 08-04-2013, 08:27 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
My Jeep Cherokee 1998 says I am happy to be without a car payment.
Amen to that... I've had company cars and have been able to make my personal ones last a long time... I haven't had a car payment in yrs and yrs.... Love it.... much better ways to spend 400-500 bucks a month.........

401k comes to mind.....

Old 08-04-2013, 08:38 PM

805 posts, read 1,558,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labrat70 View Post
I somehow doubt that. That makes no sense. Unless it is an old Porsche.
I think it makes perfect sense.
I drive a 2010 Porsche Cayman and an old 06 SL 500 Benz. I often ride my dorky bicycle to Trader Joes with my recyclable bags rather than drive. I rescue dachshunds and bake the best pecan pies on the planet.
And I'm female btw.

Old 08-04-2013, 09:23 PM

21 posts, read 53,665 times
I have a 2012 bmw 535i in black & I live in Queens, NY , someone tell me what is the first thing that comes to your mind

Old 08-04-2013, 09:32 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
This is definitely harder to do because of so many vehicles involved.

I have to agree with you. It's all over the map, really.

Anyway, since you didn't say which car it is that you drive the most, I am going to assume you drive the Corvette most of the time. Now, having owned one years ago, I can speak from experience, the Corvette is an extremely uncomfortable car to use for daily transportation. Which poses a lot of questions here.

I do. I split time between the Vette and the 4Runner, as I use the 4Runner for the car seat (to tote my boy around) or when it's really bad weather or when the Vette is out of gas and I am feeling lazy. But the Vette is meant to be my daily driver. I find it comfy enough - the magnetic suspension makes a difference. It's not like my brother's 2002 Corvette.
But you are correct - if I don't get another Vette and instead wind up going to a SL550 or Maserati, it will be bc my butt sometimes gets tired on my long (54 mile round trip) commute.

So based on the Corvette as your main car, you are a bit of a show boat.

Actually, the real reason I got the Corvette is that I had an XLR-V, but they stopped making them. So when it was time to get another car and nothing out there really interested me, I just loaded a Corvette up with every accessory and the most luxurious package I could find to try to emulate it.

You dress nice, not Gucci or anything, but you are concerned with your appearance.

Yeah, not really. I am a t shirt and jeans girl all day every day. I guess my jeans are from the gap. But my t shirt of choice is something soft with a funny saying or something on it. My real dream outfit is what I wear around the house or Hawaii - soft shorts and t or tank and barefoot or in tevas. I am girly in the long hair, groomed sort of way, but I don't have time for dresses for the most part. I honestly don't have occasion for them.

You have a busy social and/or activity schedule, you do in fact have many friends and they would say you are the "life of the party".

I work. And I work out. And I hang out at home. My little brother fits your description way more. I was never a "partier."

You are white collar-college grad-probably went to a good school (not community college)

Yup.

Based on the fact that you also have a Mustang and the motorcycle, it is apparent you have a need for speed. Adrenaline junkie. You were probably pretty reckless when you were younger. You probably watch the Speed channel a lot and shows like Overhaulin and Counts Customs, etc

LOL! Well, people accuse me of being an adrenaline junkie bc of my job (emergency medicine physician). I was reckless as as teen, but at the same time wasn't a lawbreaker. Don't watch those shows.

If I had to guess age, right off the bat, I would suspect that you were young, however with all those vehicles you probably have a few bucks, not uber rich, but you are doing pretty well.

I'm 37.

The KZ600 is a little bit of a mystery to me, it makes me think you might be even older, because not too many youngsters would appreciate an old classic like that, so I wonder if you are in the 40-50 range instead.

Dude, no...I LOVE older bikes. I love a standard bike. The cruisers are uncomfortable and make me feel off balance. The crotch rockets hurt my already messed-up ankle. I just love how the old bikes look and feel. I restored that sucker in college (1998). I have not ridden it much in a while - I am kind of interested in the Zero bike now, but I will wait till the early adopters get done with it and the price drops.

Ordinarily in this circumstance, I would say that you are single, but your not, guessing that one of the cars is driven by a wife or girlfriend, which is why you have the truck, only because you need a "family" vehicle and the Toyota 4 runner was the "coolest" family type vehicle you could buy. No way would you buy a Mini Van!

I have the truck because I have to be at work rain/sleet/snow (and yes, there have been times there was 13 inches of snow on the ground, DFW is terrible about road maintenance in those conditions, and I still have to drive that 54 miles while the rest of the city is shut down) and I have big dogs that like to go places. I got a 4Runner because Ford decided to RUIN the Explorer and turn it into a butt fugly car.

No one else drives my cars in general, though my wife is welcome to.

My wife drives a Caddilac SRX. THAT CAR describes her to a T. Conservative, likes to be comfortable without being flashy, needs OnStar to find her way...LOL!!!!!!

Did I get close?
You mighta got thrown cuz you didn't know I was a chick...and honestly, that is a bunch of different cars that are all over the map.

It's a fun little thing. You did get a few for sure! And I wasn't one bit insulted.

Old 08-05-2013, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
You mighta got thrown cuz you didn't know I was a chick...and honestly, that is a bunch of different cars that are all over the map.

It's a fun little thing. You did get a few for sure! And I wasn't one bit insulted.
Not fair! I thought you were a guy! Guys are way easier than women. Anyway, it would have been cake if you were a dude with ONE car! And besides, it totally changes I pinpointed with you being female... a female driving a vette is far less of a butthead than a dude. Serious

I am impressed with the KZ thou, I am also a chick. Who rides bikes. (Harley) If I was going to go your route, I would have gone with one of the old Kawasaki triple 750

Old 08-05-2013, 01:02 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainGuy74 View Post
This question is directed to the ladies...

I've driven many types of cars from older VW Beetles, mini vans, hatchbacks, sedans, trucks, SUV's....you name it. I'm curious what my current vehicle says about me to the ladies.

I drive a 96 Suburban, very well taken care of and very clean. If you saw me, a 39 year old guy driving around in a Suburban like that, what would you think it says about me as a guy?

Just curious.

I have a 1994 Suburban and a 2004 Suburban so I would think you have good taste in vehicles.

Old 08-05-2013, 06:17 AM

24,545 posts, read 10,869,900 times
Quote:
you are only 18. I am old enough to be your parent, so listen up: WRONG ANSWER!

And it isn't JUDGING a person, but you can tell a lot about a person by what they drive, in a similar way you can tell a lot about a person by the way they dress. I am not talking about stating the obvious either, like expensive car mean you have money...no, no, not it at all.

It reflects their personal style, can reveal their hobbies, certain character traits, political affiliation, etc. the possibilities are endless!

So don't think for one second a car is merely a form of transportation, if that was the case, all cars would look the same and there wouldn't be as many car manufactures making a dent in the economy!
Labrat70
Please tell me about me - 2000 Chevy S10 and a Saturn Redline Turbo:>)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships