U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2013, 02:02 PM

6,657 posts, read 6,400,105 times

Advertisements

That why CDF is so great u can be anonymous, no one will know who u are unless u want them too. Further i personally am more liberal on here because of that. But maybe next time if u want to help Hedgehog_Mom? Maybe try DMing first?

Accually lily i own no riffles or anything(it pays to look uglier and meaner then the criminals

Uhmmm

Old 08-10-2013, 02:05 PM

32,978 posts, read 19,952,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
Why post a thread asking what people think, and then take offense at their responses? "Do you feel powerful now?" might work on a man, but I'm talking to you as one woman to another, and I'm not going to feel guilty for telling you that you need to be more sensible. I'm telling you the same thing I've told my own daughter, when I was teaching her how to shoot. A gun doesn't make you sexy. It doesn't make you glamorous. It is a tool, like a hammer or a mixer. Learn to use it and respect it, but don't go around bragging about it. To me a gun is like a jack for changing a tire...I have one in case of emergencies, but I would be happiest if I never need to use it.

If you tell a lot of people that you have guns, you increase your risk of someone breaking in to steal your guns. If you're telling people who say, "I'll have to be careful not to make you mad," or however you put it, you're telling many more people than your closest friends. Not everybody you know is your friend, and sometimes the people who you think of as friends end up making bad choices and then trying to take advantage of everyone they know.
I simply responded to a poster's reply, which I think it is a polite thing for me to do. I really appreciate each of you taking the time to respond.

I don't think owning a gun is sexy. I am unsure where did you get that idea.

However, I do see the points you are trying to make and I think those points that you make are valid.

Do I feel I am sexier simply because I own a gun? Not at all.

I do not tell EVERYBODY I know or don't know in real life how many guns that I own. However, I am who I am. I am not going to pretend to be somebody I am not either. I love my guns, and I love to shoot.

I, just like you, hope I never have to use it. I do value human lives, and I am fully aware of the stigma associated with gun owners.

Old 08-10-2013, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
Excessive gun ownership is a product of deranged American culture. I do understand and respect hunting, since it gives people meat in a more responsible way than buying it in a store. I think freaks who own assault weapons are compensating for smaller reproductive organs though.
I don't believe civilians should own any assault weapons belong to the war zone. but that is just my opinion.

Old 08-10-2013, 03:00 PM

16,990 posts, read 20,594,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Gee, I lived off the campus, and have you walked at night ? If you want to argue with me on this one, USC is just as safe as UCLA.

I did state that walking at night in on any campus could be dangerous.

USC is in South Central LA south of downtown.

UCLA is in a much nicer area, and you know that if you actually went to school there.

You mentioned safety of the surrounding area.

Ask anyone in the LA area where they would prefer to walk, they will take the area around UCLA over USC any day.

USC is a beautiful campus, but surrounded by a bad area. During/after the 92 riots it was USC that had the National Guard on campus not UCLA.

Old 08-10-2013, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
I did state that walking at night in on any campus could be dangerous.

USC is in South Central LA south of downtown.

UCLA is in a much nicer area, and you know that if you actually went to school there.

You mentioned safety of the surrounding area.

Ask anyone in the LA area where they would prefer to walk, they will take the area around UCLA over USC any day.

USC is a beautiful campus, but surrounded by a bad area. During/after the 92 riots it was USC that had the National Guard on campus not UCLA.
This is the whole point I was trying to make

I WALK AT NIGHT, HENCE SURROUNDING AREA IS JUST NOT SAFE. ANYWHERE AT NIGHT - NOT SAFE. SURROUNDING AREA IS NOT SAFE AT NIGHT. GEE

Don't take one thing I said YOU DID NOT AGREE and start a whole new thread. Don't hijack this whole thread and make into something completely different.

"USC violent crimes (robbery, rape, homicide, assault): 49 in 2008, 56 in 2009, 38 in 2010
USC property crimes (arson, burglary, motor vehicle theft): 131 in 2008, 78 in 2009, 100 in 2010
UCLA violent crimes (same categories): 67 in 2008, 50 in 2009, 48 in 2010
UCLA property crimes: 201 in 2008, 187 in 2009, 185 in 2010"

http://www.pacifictakes.com/2012/8/1...ns-usc-trojans

happy now?

I didn't even mention USC, you did. I didn't start a comparison between UCLA and USC you did.

UCLA is located in a more upscale area. It is next to Beverly Hills and Hollywood is near by. However,I don't think you have a clue how does it feel like walking off campus at night, for the longest time, I didn't even own a car. So please do not pretend you know my life, you don't.

If you really know what you are talking about, you should know the streets on the west side of UCLA’s campus, including Gayley Avenue, Landfair Avenue, Kelton Avenue and Ophir Drive, are known for their patchy and inconsistent lighting.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 08-10-2013 at 03:25 PM..

Old 08-10-2013, 03:27 PM

5,683 posts, read 9,109,441 times
Off-topic for this forum. Closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships