Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2013, 05:37 PM

1,373 posts, read 2,957,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Are there no curse words in your culture?

We have curse words alright only I am working on sending you a curse by registered mail but I have to wait till Monday morning when the post office is opened!

But in a more serious tone, what makes you think anyone who disagrees with you is Indian & has some other weird culture?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2013, 06:03 PM

45,379 posts, read 60,575,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrymillionaire View Post
We have curse words alright only I am working on sending you a curse by registered mail but I have to wait till Monday morning when the post office is opened!

But in a more serious tone, what makes you think anyone who disagrees with you is Indian & has some other weird culture?
It goes back to your thread about your neighbors trespassing and taking your apples.

The only people I have ever heard describe women as "heifers" have been Indians, Koreans, Hasidic Jews and urban Black girls/women.

Old 08-11-2013, 06:28 PM

5,381 posts, read 8,687,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Having two patients in the same room is not necessarily a HIPAA violation. Hospital recovery rooms commonly serve more than one patient. Hospitals still have semi-private inpatient rooms. HIPAA becomes an issue if protected health information is revealed.

It sounds as if the OP was being medicated with the drops that dilate the pupils. My eye doctor usually has several people doing that at one time. Some take longer to respond to the medication than others. We sit in a room with dim lighting while waiting to be seen.

I seriously doubt that a jar of jam is enough of a bribe to induce a physician to provide a higher level of service to the patient that brings the gift than to one who does not. I have brought gifts, too. It's just a token of appreciation. Lord knows, from some of the posts I've seen here on CD, doctors no longer get much of that.
Some doctors are also moving towards group visits; and some patients appreciate them:
Shared Medical Visits Gain in Popularity - WSJ.com

Old 08-11-2013, 08:34 PM

607 posts, read 1,393,672 times
Quote:
So yesterday I went for an eye check up ...certain eye condition. I was summoned to a room with a real doctor as well as a doctor's assistant. Unfortunately I ended up at the hands of the assistant. In the room there was a patient being attended to by the real doctor, while I suffered at the hands of the assistant. Since we were all in the same room, I naturally overheard her convo with the real doctor.

I noticed she was constantly referring to the real doctor as ""madam doctor"". When the doctor was done with her, she fished into her bag & handed the doctor a jar of jam. She then proceeded to go on about how she had labored over the jam & it was all home-made blah blah blah.

Now, I'm still perplexed about this, I have never seen anyone do this before. Now I have a follow up at the same place in six months and I would like to think its routine and her check up is in six months as well.

My fear is that this time around it was a coincidence that she saw the real doctor while I suffered at the hands of a trainee, but if we are scheduled for the same day , I fear that since she gifted the doctor with a jar of jam and I had nothing if we end up in the same room she will automatically get the real doctor she gifted and I will end up with the assistant.

Now the appointment was at 8am and I can not imagine that she got up at 6 to make some jam for the doctor.

What kind of tomfoolery is this. This has to be the worst case of brown nosing I have ever seen. There is no telling if the doctor even bothered to take the jar of jam with her.

Just had to vent.
Who cares? This happens all day, every day in every office in America. It wasn't at your workplace, so why should you care?

Old 08-11-2013, 09:44 PM

830 posts, read 1,728,721 times
I'm sure the doctor didn't even want the jam. You should definitely find a doctor whose policy it is to throw simple gifts back in the faces of their elderly patients. Have fun.

Old 08-11-2013, 10:28 PM

250 posts, read 383,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by football45013 View Post
Who cares? This happens all day, every day in every office in America. It wasn't at your workplace, so why should you care?
I was wondering the same thing.

Old 08-11-2013, 10:44 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,261,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulse1000 View Post
I was wondering the same thing.
The person the OP thinks was "brown nosing" is a patient, not an employee.

Old 08-12-2013, 12:34 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,563,570 times
Quote:
IMO its brown nosing based on the following: The jam was prepared before the actual doctor's visit. Now on the RARE instances I gift people, I at least wait to see if the service is good then gift accordingly after.

No way do I prepare gifts ""just in case"" the service is good.

Reading is fundemantal. Someone up there asked what kind of doctor sees two eople at the same time, if you refer to my original post, there was a doctor & a doctor's assistant of sorts. And to the person that asked who had the jam, it was the other lady (patient)in the room.

With regards to the two patient thing, yeah even I was shocked, but I guess new doctors have to start somewhere. The newbie doctor did on occassion(much to my annoyance) ask the real doctor how much coloring stuff to put, e.g. she had to put a yellow liquid in my eye & I was supposed to see all yellow but she did not put enough so the doctor asked her to put more. This was at a hospital by the way. A special wing for atients with a specific eye problem.
Why not just call and reschedule your apptmt. and you can specifically ask to see the madam this time. Or you could hire a PI to investigate. Or you could offer to slip her a bonus, flowers and a box of chocolotes might do the trick.

Old 08-12-2013, 06:55 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,412,920 times
Default For the record

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
It goes back to your thread about your neighbors trespassing and taking your apples.

The only people I have ever heard describe women as "heifers" have been Indians, Koreans, Hasidic Jews and urban Black girls/women.
I believe the OP is an urban black female, based on her post regarding a beautiful hair style for an interview.

Old 08-12-2013, 07:28 AM

24,541 posts, read 10,859,092 times
Sorry folks, OP sounds to me like a drama queen. A nosy and judgmental one to boot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships