U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 09:29 AM

8,565 posts, read 9,625,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
Yeah, I've gotten annoyed a time or two by those words. "Oh SMILE, it can't be THAT bad!" Um, just kind of concentrating on what I was doing, not realizing I was on display and expected to perform for you at all times! Worst case scenario, I was in the middle of counting or adding something when they shared their "words of inspiration". In that case, I give them a , then a ...then say, "Thaaaaaanks...I was counting", just about as deadpan as it gets.

I wanna make sure they know just how effing irritated I am with them at that moment
I don't know why it irritates me sooo bad...and instantly!...when someone does that to me but I think I'm getting to the point where I can just ignore it. Nobody has done that to me for quite a while though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2013, 11:44 AM

24,839 posts, read 29,977,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
Oh gads, I hate that! I'll be busy doing something, concentrating on what I'm doing and not even looking at anyone and someone will say "Smile. It can't be that bad". I'm thinking "What???"! I'm supposed to smile at the cash register, the clothes I'm straightening or, as in the case of making coffee in a restaurant, the coffee pot?? Stupid. lol Yeah, I think those kinds of people NEED a reality check! We don't walk around with a constant smile for nothing. Although I have to admit I'm normally a very 'smiley' person. I've had people tell me they came to my register just because I smiled at them.
I get this too. I avoid a cashier at target because, without saying another word to me, as I was leaving, said "I hope your day gets better.". Well, excuse me for not being happy enough while waiting in a line a mile long with a slow checker, to buy my sick child some medicine.

Old 08-17-2013, 07:53 AM

8,565 posts, read 9,625,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
I get this too. I avoid a cashier at target because, without saying another word to me, as I was leaving, said "I hope your day gets better.". Well, excuse me for not being happy enough while waiting in a line a mile long with a slow checker, to buy my sick child some medicine.
I would never say that, unless my customer has actually told me that things were not going well for them that day. It's happened. I have found that when I go in to work early people are NOT exactly in a 'sociable' mood and a lot of them will just ignore me when I talk to them. Had a woman like that yesterday...ignored me through the entire transaction. I told her, just before she left, that she kinda looked like my favorite cousin and she perked right up! lol She didn't, really, but her attitude DID change. People are strange...

Old 08-18-2013, 11:19 PM

24,736 posts, read 23,704,984 times
"Like you got unfriendly vibes on a regular basis and you don't want the person to poison you?"

No.

Old 08-20-2013, 07:10 AM

7 posts, read 9,696 times
Default You must just be the bee's knees then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
"Like you got unfriendly vibes on a regular basis and you don't want the person to poison you?"

No.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships