Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 12:52 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,412,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditi Jyoti View Post
How do you feel when someone licks their fingers to separate bills or plastic bags? Are you as grossed out as I am? And then their spittle is fingering my produce and other stuff It's not that I am worried about germs but just the gross-out factor. They have those little cups to dab one's fingers. Why not do that?

And then the cashier who wraps your money in the receipt as if you are teeming with cooties. How does that feel to you?
That's why you wash food that is not boxed or bagged before eating it.

Old 08-12-2013, 12:54 PM

Default The opposite is true

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsun556 View Post
The finger licking is gross. I'm sure finger lickers are also the ones who take the most sick days.
The more you introduce germs to your body to fight, the more germs your body will fight off.

The people with their travel-sized handgels are the ones with the most sick days, because their body has no idea what to do when a germ gets past the disinfectant.

Old 08-12-2013, 12:57 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,899,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditi Jyoti View Post
You wash your hands every time you count money from your wallet? Money is porous so actually if you are a germaphobe, you'd have more issues with coins.

Like I said, I am not worried about germs. And money is sacred energy to me So I want to attract more and more of it. It's just the IDEA of it.
I wouldn't say I'm a germaphobe. I can easily handle finding a dog hair in my dinner (everything in my house seems to collect dog and cat hair, even though I clean). I can often eat something I've dropped on the floor (though not in public, and it has to be my floor.)

But I don't think of coins as being as germy as paper money. I figure it's harder for a bacterium to live for any length of time on a piece of metal than on a piece of rag-cloth paper that's moist from people's hand oil and sometimes saliva. Plus, you mentioned it being "porous," so don't you think about those "pores" holding all sorts of bacteria or fungi?

I don't use cash that often, but usually use my debit card. When I do handle cash, yes, I wash my hands or use hand sanitizer.

I'm not so worried about getting sick--I know I have a strong immune system, and I'm hardly ever sick. It's just thinking about the disgustingness that gets me.

Yes, I think the finger-lickers do seem to be the ones always coughing and sneezing and flowing with phlegm.

Old 08-12-2013, 01:04 PM

5,718 posts, read 7,259,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post

It's mostly older people: they'll be turning pages, and they'll lick their finger and then turn the page. I have NO IDEA how having spit on one's finger helps you turn a page. I've always done it just fine for 44 years with no spit. I know office supply places even sell some sort of finger moistening stuff for the spitters, so they can turn pages in a less disgusting way. But still, I can't understand why they even need ANY moisture to turn a damned page. Really, how hard is it?

I had no need for any sort of finger moistening in order to turn pages for 44 years, too.

But I'm 55 now, and a few years ago, the skin on my palms and fingertips got dry to the point where it is, indeed, difficult to get a grip on paper with out some sort of moistening. I prefer Evans' Tacky-Finger.

Old 08-12-2013, 01:06 PM

Quote:
I can easily handle finding a dog hair in my dinner (everything in my house seems to collect dog and cat hair, even though I clean). I can often eat something I've dropped on the floor (though not in public, and it has to be my floor.)

Whoa!

Now, THAT'S gross!

Old 08-12-2013, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P47P47 View Post
Whoa!

Now, THAT'S gross!
I keep my kitchen floor very clean. I depends what I drop, how it lands, how hungry I am, and how delicious the piece of food is. For example, last night I had some very good fresh mushroom ravioli from a decent gourmet grocery store. They are a little pricey, extremely yummy, and there are only like 16 ravioli in the package. I went to get the last one, and it slipped in the olive oil and landed on the kitchen floor. I rinsed it off, put it back in the bowl with olive oil and black pepper, and damned right, I ate it. Good think I got to it before the dog did

Old 08-12-2013, 01:57 PM

Quote:
I keep my kitchen floor very clean. I depends what I drop, how it lands, how hungry I am, and how delicious the piece of food is. For example, last night I had some very good fresh mushroom ravioli from a decent gourmet grocery store. They are a little pricey, extremely yummy, and there are only like 16 ravioli in the package. I went to get the last one, and it slipped in the olive oil and landed on the kitchen floor. I rinsed it off, put it back in the bowl with olive oil and black pepper, and damned right, I ate it. Good think I got to it before the dog did
I bet you can eat a lot of things others can't. People call me Goat because I don't get sick off anything!

Old 08-12-2013, 01:59 PM

166 posts, read 300,259 times
Default The two most common substances

Quote:
I never particularly noticed this finger-licking with cashiers, but I have noticed it in the workplace, and I'm always grossed out by it.

It's mostly older people: they'll be turning pages, and they'll lick their finger and then turn the page. I have NO IDEA how having spit on one's finger helps you turn a page. I've always done it just fine for 44 years with no spit. I know office supply places even sell some sort of finger moistening stuff for the spitters, so they can turn pages in a less disgusting way. But still, I can't understand why they even need ANY moisture to turn a damned page. Really, how hard is it?

But I have also noticed a few people my age, and younger doing this. I've wondered if it's a family habit, and kids growing up seeing their parents do it adopt the habit without any real reason for it.

Paper money in general is really disgusting when you think about it. Imagine all the nasty things people have done with that dollar...saliva being maybe one of the least disgusting. I always wash my hands after handling money. I think if I were a cashier I'd have to wear rubber gloves.
found on paper money,are in fact,feces and cocaine.
Tells us a lot about America doesn't it?---S----y dope-heads. (ref----Dirtymoney,com--feces found on 94% of bills)

Last edited by bev osborn; 08-12-2013 at 02:07 PM.. Reason: left out reference

Old 08-12-2013, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracysam View Post
(everything in my house seems to collect dog and cat hair, even though i clean)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracysam View Post
i keep my kitchen floor very clean.
ok.

Old 08-12-2013, 02:15 PM

Plus, after I heard stories from a guy friend back in my 20s, of how at a bachelor party, they stuck $5 bills in a stripper's butt-crack, I never quite looked at paper the same way after that.

I kind of think the ground/floor is less disgusting, in most cases, that what might be found on paper money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships