Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 10:36 AM

7,284 posts, read 12,924,187 times

Advertisements

I think there is a huge difference between "poor" people and "trashy" people. I don't know any trashy people, so I am not sure what can be said about them, but I have known plenty of poor people who are not trashy.

As they used to say "soap is cheap," meaning there was never any excuse for someone to be dirty.

I wonder if the trashy people know they are trashy and just don't care or are they perhaps addicted to drugs or have mental health issues? As I said, I don't know - just guessing.

Old 08-19-2013, 11:09 AM

1,699 posts, read 2,431,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plmokn View Post
Of course you've seen these legendary photos:

People of WalMart Photos
Where is this Wal*Mart? I might just taking a short vacation out there. And be happy and very thankfull the rest of my live.

Old 08-19-2013, 11:37 AM

5,730 posts, read 10,125,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyyo View Post
I try not to judge people. I always see the weirdest and trashiest people at Walmart. I've seen skinheads with nazi tattoos, overweight women wearing clothes that are too small, women and men with piercings all over their faces, people with food stains all over their clothes, ugly women that don't wear bras and they let them sag...etc i prefer Target because it seems a lot more classier than WalMart.
The same reason all of them shop at gas stations.

Old 08-19-2013, 11:40 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,375,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by red4ce View Post
Is it true Wal-Mart sells dildos? Back when I was an intern at a
Wal-Mart pharmacy people kept asking me if we carried them. Might have just been a prank but considering
how much other random stuff Wal-Mart has on the shelves it wouldn't surprise me if they did.
No, in a pinch I have tried to buy dildos there on the cheap, but I decided
to go to the "more classier" Adult Stores for better quality and variety.

Old 08-19-2013, 11:55 AM

2,966 posts, read 5,216,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
No, in a pinch I have tried to buy dildos there on the cheap, but I decided
to go to the "more classier" Adult Stores for better quality and variety.
Must be tough going through so many dildos, so fast.

Old 08-19-2013, 11:57 AM

Imcurious,
One angle I haven't read here is the 24 Hour one.

I think that should figure into the equation somewhere.

And I do understand the difference between poor people and
trashy. Trashy being food and white stuff in their teeth and rolls of fat skin
showing in clothes too revealing and dirty uncombed hair. (Drugs, mental health or
just not too bright?)
It doesn't have to do with tatoos or torn flip flops or even teeth missing...the last
2 being poverty probably.
None of the above phase me, btw...they're just interesting people.

But, it is a curious phenomenon....why don't other places get these "strange" people
right out of a John Waters' movie?

Last edited by Miss Hepburn; 08-19-2013 at 12:07 PM..

Old 08-19-2013, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmachina View Post
Must be tough going through so many dildos, so fast.
Well, I do like variety.

Old 08-19-2013, 12:31 PM

4,241 posts, read 7,174,492 times
Quote:
One angle I haven't read here is the 24 Hour one.

I think that should figure into the equation somewhere.

I tend to shop Walmart at odd hours....but then I might be one of those wierd/trashy people since I do it via bus and bring my own two-wheel shopping cart (plus a man-bag or two).

Old 08-19-2013, 12:33 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,741,992 times
A Walmart shopper complaining about other Walmart shoppers. B-O-R-I-N-G.

Old 08-19-2013, 12:43 PM

1,815 posts, read 3,166,927 times
I don't think everyone that shops at Walmart is trashy by any means...but trashy people are more likely to shop there than in some other stores, for sure. "People of Walmart" exists for a reason, one can go on Youtube and find dozens of videos of people behaving badly in Walmart, there are news stories that pop up all the time regarding crimes that take place on Walmart's premises (just recently there was that girl in Florida who was abducted from one & killed).

Since they are perceived as having the lowest prices in many markets, that's obviously a major draw. They also offer check-cashing and bill pay services to cater to clientele who don't have bank accounts for whatever reason. Every time I have been to one, the checkout lines take forever and I believe that many people who feel their time is valuable would rather spend a few bucks more and shop elsewhere.

I've been to one very nice and clean Walmart in Santa Fe, NM. The others have all been horrible. Here in Phoenix there are dozens of nicer stores to choose from with competitive prices, so Walmart is the last place I will consider shopping.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships