Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2007, 03:42 PM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times

Advertisements

First off A tribute to one of my best friends....

kathryn

gauze of golden waves
we hardly had time
to swallow
the thing
which made most sense
she was
rich black soil
transplanting
spring's sun
creating magik
from the middle
of nowhere
a sister of music
with words
painter of prose
how beautifully
she embraced
her space in life
salvaging great light
from past transitions
her throat fumbled
formal apologies
within green lawns
of home baked cookies
her season's passing
still shower us
like a humming bird
dripping nectar
through clusters
of gardens
she packed love
in our lunches
everyday
wrapping us in scarves of
hopscotch & flowers
sending us
skipping down the street
with diamonds in our pockets
the album opens
she appears
in a white dress
her flowers bloom
again

there will be
a goodness in life
sorely missed

thank you

Some people are forunate and endowed with the greatest and most expensive of material things....

I...well, I'm a very rich woman....I've been blessed by the people I've met, who were very instrumental in giving my life a most positive inspiration....

I've started this thread as a tribute, to our positive friends and role models who helped us through life, picking us up and setting us down on the right path.

The friends I've made in life are priceless...and there is no material thing that could ever give me, what these folks, have given me. Even my boss...with whom I don't see eye to eye with...has crossed my path for a reason. Most of my friends are those kind of people whom you can't find any fault with...you know the ones...they are kind and considerate...they're listeners...steadfast and loyal...they have no expectations and love me unconditionally....

and I'm going to name some....Kathryn, my son David, Anita, Trudy and Dick, Joanne, MaryAnn, Jamie, Ronnie, Roy, Linda, my Aunt Mae, Mr. and Mrs. Lehmen, Dot and Johnny, Chrissie, Jane, Janet, Kathy, Liz, Sherry, Kath, Kelly, MartiJo, Annie and Cheryl

These people have been loyal friends for whom life wouldn't be the same without them...

and for them...I am grateful....

and so...
please
share stories...would love to hear positive stories of the gems in your lives...

thanks
Hugs
Creme
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2007, 05:26 PM

14,520 posts, read 8,767,807 times
Creme, that's a simply loving and amazing poem you've written to & about Kathryn I'm in awe. You are truly blessed in your life!

Old 11-13-2007, 05:33 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,777,604 times
So nice of you to say...

I would like to mention SS, my SO that has been the best friend I could ever have. He's everything I could wish for and so much more.

Other people I've been lucky to know; Rodney, Mitch, Maggie, Carol, Ida, Judy, Mario, Frank, Janet, Linda, Kim, Val, Rose, Bob

Old 11-13-2007, 06:43 PM

137 posts, read 818,596 times
Creme, what a beautiful tribute.....thanks for sharing.

Many people have impacted my life, but none more than my parents, Jim & Eve and my children Jeremiah, Lindsey, Graham & Candice. Friends.....come and gone....Adele, Cathy, Karen, Rhean, Kathy, Shadi, Judy, Jo & Sue, Ean & Ian, Cliff, William, Pauline...& Uncle Billy, to mention a few

I am so proud to be my father's daughter, and equally proud and blessed to be my children's mother.

Bless you Creme, you have a lovely Spirit

Old 11-14-2007, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrina View Post
Creme, that's a simply loving and amazing poem you've written to & about Kathryn I'm in awe. You are truly blessed in your life!

thanks so much...and yes indeed, I have been made so whole by those who have crossed my path in life...it is truly amazing, how others can effect your life in a positive or negative way....

Hugs to you and thanks again for taking the time to read.

Old 11-14-2007, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
So nice of you to say...

I would like to mention SS, my SO that has been the best friend I could ever have. He's everything I could wish for and so much more.

Other people I've been lucky to know; Rodney, Mitch, Maggie, Carol, Ida, Judy, Mario, Frank, Janet, Linda, Kim, Val, Rose, Bob
It sounds to me, like you've been very richly enveloped by so many good people...hugs to you
thanks so very much

Old 11-14-2007, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momma4 View Post
Creme, what a beautiful tribute.....thanks for sharing.

Many people have impacted my life, but none more than my parents, Jim & Eve and my children Jeremiah, Lindsey, Graham & Candice. Friends.....come and gone....Adele, Cathy, Karen, Rhean, Kathy, Shadi, Judy, Jo & Sue, Ean & Ian, Cliff, William, Pauline...& Uncle Billy, to mention a few

I am so proud to be my father's daughter, and equally proud and blessed to be my children's mother.

Bless you Creme, you have a lovely Spirit
Hugs and many thanks to you for sharing your wealth as well, just where would we be without them, yanno?

wishing you a great day, and thanks so much for taking the time to give thanks to those who gave you such success.

Hugs
Creme

Old 11-14-2007, 06:17 AM

Location: Life here is not an Apollo Mission. Everyone calm down.
1,065 posts, read 4,536,860 times
Creme...don't know when, if ever, I'll be able to give you rep again (darn these limits), but that is simply beautiful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships