Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2013, 07:57 PM

1 posts, read 1,025 times

Advertisements

My husbands little brother, almost 6, was caught at the end of an act of what I would hope to be just curiosity. Him and his little cousin, 5, were hiding behind a chair and when my father in law checked on them his son was pulling his pants and underwear up in the butt and his nephew was pulling up his pants in the front. Now, that signals something wrong to me. I would understand if one hadn't had the back down when the front was down on the other. I was sexually abused as a child so I know when something just isn't right. And what makes it even more perplexing and makes me suspect it was more than curiosity is that my husbands stepsister was molested by her dad and he has been left alone with my husbands brother many times before. Also, my fatherinlaws sister said that he other grandchildren have been caught several times touching each other as well as her other grandchild which was caught behind the chair with his penis pulled out. Supposedly, the mother knows and has said nothing to the kids. And it is believed that the kids have been touched by an adult. I don't know what to do because I'm split between curiosity and inappropriate. It makes me afraid for my kids. I don't want the same thing to happen to them that happened to me and I don't want to call the cops or cps just in case it is just curiosity. I need help!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2013, 08:07 PM

1,751 posts, read 3,688,749 times
I don't think you have grounds to call CPS, but if this is 'believed' to be going on, why are the adults leaving their kids alone with those they suspect? Why are these children EVER unsupervised?

Old 08-24-2013, 08:48 PM

2,098 posts, read 2,501,251 times
If you have any reason to believe these children are being molested (and given that they're being left alone with a man who reportedly molested his daughter, you have strong reason), you need to call CPS. If you do not and these children go on to be molested when someone suspected and could've protected them... I don't know how I would be able to live with that. Can you? You were once in that position (and I'm sorry for that.) What would you want someone to do in their shoes?

If it turns out you're wrong, then nothing comes of it. But if he really molested his daughter, you're probably NOT wrong. It's never a one time thing with those types. They keep seeking out victims again and again until someone stops them.

Old 08-25-2013, 06:30 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,666,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momofthree88 View Post
My husbands little brother, almost 6, was caught at the end of an act of what I would hope to be just curiosity. Him and his little cousin, 5, were hiding behind a chair and when my father in law checked on them his son was pulling his pants and underwear up in the butt and his nephew was pulling up his pants in the front. Now, that signals something wrong to me. I would understand if one hadn't had the back down when the front was down on the other. I was sexually abused as a child so I know when something just isn't right. And what makes it even more perplexing and makes me suspect it was more than curiosity is that my husbands stepsister was molested by her dad and he has been left alone with my husbands brother many times before. Also, my fatherinlaws sister said that he other grandchildren have been caught several times touching each other as well as her other grandchild which was caught behind the chair with his penis pulled out. Supposedly, the mother knows and has said nothing to the kids. And it is believed that the kids have been touched by an adult. I don't know what to do because I'm split between curiosity and inappropriate. It makes me afraid for my kids. I don't want the same thing to happen to them that happened to me and I don't want to call the cops or cps just in case it is just curiosity. I need help!!
You sure don`t need to remain quiet!! Tell someone and get this looked into, ASAP!

Old 08-25-2013, 07:38 AM

924 posts, read 1,677,500 times
Make a list of each weird thing you have listed here, gather the names and addresses of those involved or who might have knowledge and call CPS. Maybe nothing will come of it this time, but at least if a teacher or doctor notices something else and reports it, it will be in the system. I wouldn't tell anyone you are making the call either. You don't want any adult to get to the kids first and try to change what the children will say or frighten them.

Old 08-25-2013, 08:08 AM

50,783 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Little children expressing curiosity is normal though, I myself got caught with 2 neighbors playing "I'll show you mine of you show me yours" when we were about 4, and I was not molested. So yes, ask some questions, but please be careful not to make them feel shame for being curious at that age.

Old 08-25-2013, 10:47 AM

28 posts, read 32,057 times
If you are concerned about this behavior, the best thing you should do is to have this situation evaluated by a mental health professional. He or she would be able to access the situation to determine if it is anything more than experimentation. If they suspect sexual abuse, it will be his or her responsibility to notify law enforcement or CPS. This would not be your responsibility.

However, anyone can call to report suspected child abuse. You don't need proof or evidence of abuse. Only your suspicion is good enough. By law, they need to investigate each complaint.

Old 08-25-2013, 11:07 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times
Has anybody asked the boys what they were doing? Why not just tell the parents what you suspect?

Old 08-25-2013, 03:15 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,281,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Has anybody asked the boys what they were doing? Why not just tell the parents what you suspect?
That'd be the first thing I'd do...ask the boys. See what they say...see if they're copying what they've seen (hopefully not), or they're just curious...definitely talk to the boys first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships