Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 05:07 PM

3,631 posts, read 7,669,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brushrunner View Post
Ok our Hospital is 2 Blocks from the Interstate, our Home is 7 miles not a Great Distance.

I was operated on which turned very difficult, I spent 9 hours between life and death, Doctor wasn't even thinking of leaving. While I was being operated on one Son knew I was being operated on at the time he went by but he didn't stop.

Ok since I have been home I've been Home Bound and still plenty sick, have Nurse coming in taking care of me. Today on Facebook my other Son and his family went down Interstate. I posted to Daughter in Law they should have stopped in and seen how I was doing. She post back, How you are doing how about how I was doing? I post Well considering I can't leave the house I should be happy to be alive.

Oh the first one was coming from a Ball Game and second one was coming from the Zoo.

I wasn't happy with either one.

brushrunner
I'm just trying to understand this...are you a person who hasn't taken care of themself who could be veiwed as someone who doesn't deserve sympathy (for example someone with an addiction)? It just seems more often than not there are. Reasons why adult children make the decisions they do regarding their parents. If not perhaps they figured maybe you wouldn't feel up to a visit yet especially if it would involve grandchildren as well.

Regardless I hope you return to feeling better soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2013, 05:12 PM

2,533 posts, read 3,099,533 times
Brushrunner, why are you telling us this tale of woe? You sound like a typical, tyrannical in-law; we all know the type. Maybe your sense of drama and entitlement keeps your adult children away. You write:

"I posted to Daughter in Law they should have stopped in and seen how I was doing."

"Should have?" You harangued and tried to guilt your daughter-in-law on Facebook, for all to see? I'm glad she seems to be immune to your self-aggrandization.

Old 08-25-2013, 05:33 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,722,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenstyle View Post
Brushrunner, why are you telling us this tale of woe? You sound like a typical, tyrannical in-law; we all know the type. Maybe your sense of drama and entitlement keeps your adult children away. You write:

"I posted to Daughter in Law they should have stopped in and seen how I was doing."

"Should have?" You harangued and tried to guilt your daughter-in-law on Facebook, for all to see? I'm glad she seems to be immune to your self-aggrandization.
This is my impression too. Across his many posts, OP has demonstrated total disrespect for the people around him, and is quick to blame everyone and anyone else for his problems. He punctuates it all with high drama. He has raised a whole passel uh younguns to be just like him. Now there are something like 25 of them and they just keep coming!

Old 08-25-2013, 05:41 PM

1,409 posts, read 1,156,982 times
Esoecialy since they were driving right by, the decent thing to do is at least stop in for a short visit to see how you are

Old 08-25-2013, 06:02 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,965,703 times
Quote:

Well I know I'm not Happy and I feel their true colors came through, seems I'm going to have to talk with them about respect which they don't seem to have any.

brushrunner
Why would you do that? Apparently they are grown adults, not living with you now. They should have learned respect long ago. I wouldn't waste my time and lower myself having to explain 'respect' to adult family members.

That word, respect' was always in our home when our three were growing up ... especially the teen years ... we would explain you may not like me nor love me, but you will respect me. Today we have their love and respect. Not referring to how your children were raised, none of my business. But I certainly would not 'have a talk with them about respect this late in the game.'

Old 08-25-2013, 06:45 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,405,852 times
Well I did find out our Son did call several times to see how I was. My wife said it's all the Daughter in Law. She has always been good about playing Head Games with everyone even the Grandkids.

brushrunner

Old 08-25-2013, 07:23 PM

774 posts, read 1,693,588 times

Old 08-25-2013, 07:42 PM

9,878 posts, read 14,122,777 times
Quote:
The other one was out of my life for 30 years, not my doing.
Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. There is no child that would spend 30 years away from a parent, unless the parent has SOMETHING to do with it. Probably a lot........

Old 08-25-2013, 07:56 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,405,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. There is no child that would spend 30 years away from a parent, unless the parent has SOMETHING to do with it. Probably a lot........
My Ex tried to have me arrested and killed until I quit trying to have anything to do with them and then she left the area, it was just by chance I found where they were. But there was never set time I had visitation it was at her convenience which it never was. But I know you have never been in this position.

Oh may I add I found out after I found these children I had been paying two years on this Son while he was in Prison which I wasn't suppose to be.

brushrunner

Last edited by brushrunner; 08-25-2013 at 08:22 PM..

Old 08-25-2013, 08:08 PM

774 posts, read 1,693,588 times
Default Misunderestimated

Quote:
My Ex had me arrested and killed until I quit trying...
I underestimated you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships