Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2013, 02:56 PM

2,682 posts, read 4,467,780 times

Advertisements

So my partner works weekend nights 2-3 times a month. About 6 months ago, I started hanging out with a girl who has a 8 year old daughter and doesn't drive. It wasn't anything crazy since we had the 8 year old in tow. We'd go to a kiddie movie or dinner. This girl is a former co-worker with my partner.

Anyway, her daughter went away with the ex (her father) to another state for 5 weeks during the summer (just came back last week). During this time this girl never texted me or contacted me to do anything. I figured she was enjoying time with her other friends that she doesn't get to see because they like to go out to bars/clubs and drink, something she can't do with her daughter there (she has her every weekend). I was had a medical procedure done right at the beginning of the summer, so I definitely wasn't going to clubs and I was OK taking a break from her. I texted her a few weeks into her "alone time" and all I got was once word answers. I didn't think anything of it. I then text her again last week and same thing.

My partner says that she is just like that. She was looking for me to text her to go out and when I didn't she probably got mad. I've never really had girlfriends per say, I don't have that many friends in general. I'm just a little confused. I'm sure this is typical of some personality types so I'm just wondering if anyone has any insight on what might be going on. I mean we are both in our early 30s, this seems like a game. I don't play games.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2013, 04:15 PM

1,484 posts, read 2,252,447 times
I wonder if her other friends wanted nothing to do with her when she had the kid in tow, because the were not kid-friendly. You said they are into the bar scene, so maybe when she had her kid, she was left out of that. They were still going to the bar. Since she had her kid, she could not join them. She was stuck at home. You said she didn't drive. So, there you were, willing to drive her, and take her & her kid out. Now that the kid is gone, her usual friends are back and able to take her back to her usual scene, too.

I don't play games either. If I were you, I'd just forget it. If she ends up with the kid again and looks to use you, I'd just ignore her and not allow that to happen again.

Old 08-26-2013, 05:29 PM

37,055 posts, read 42,006,001 times
Maybe she drives now and doesn't need you? In any event, just let it go. There is no explaining people.

Old 08-26-2013, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR2012 View Post
I wonder if her other friends wanted nothing to do with her when she had the kid in tow, because the were not kid-friendly. You said they are into the bar scene, so maybe when she had her kid, she was left out of that. They were still going to the bar. Since she had her kid, she could not join them. She was stuck at home. You said she didn't drive. So, there you were, willing to drive her, and take her & her kid out. Now that the kid is gone, her usual friends are back and able to take her back to her usual scene, too.

I don't play games either. If I were you, I'd just forget it. If she ends up with the kid again and looks to use you, I'd just ignore her and not allow that to happen again.
I think that's what she wanted. But I know she didn't get to hang out like she wanted. Her friends are sick of driving her around too. The kid is back now, has been for two weeks. I'm not dwelling on it, just curious what happened. I'm not good at reading people and I tried to give her the benefit of the doubt when people told me how she is.

Old 08-27-2013, 10:13 AM

1,003 posts, read 1,605,505 times
Quote:
My partner says that she is just like that. She was looking for me to text her to go out and when I didn't she probably got mad. I've never really had girlfriends per say, I don't have that many friends in general. I'm just a little confused. I'm sure this is typical of some personality types so I'm just wondering if anyone has any insight on what might be going on. I mean we are both in our early 30s, this seems like a game. I don't play games.
So, if I'm understanding correctly, you chauffeured her and her daughter around and she got snotty when you didn't offer to take her out clubbing?! She's a car mooch, immature and selfish. Dump her!

Old 08-27-2013, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragazza2011 View Post
So, if I'm understanding correctly, you chauffeured her and her daughter around and she got snotty when you didn't offer to take her out clubbing?! She's a car mooch, immature and selfish. Dump her!
I don't know if she expected me to take her clubbing. I mean we never did that sort of thing. You are probably right, she found someone else to take her around and doesn't need me. I just never felt like that was what she was after. I thought she enjoyed the company and such. I mean whatever it was it's over, but I just didn't realize that 30 something adults behave this way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships