Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2013, 08:46 PM

1 posts, read 1,424 times

Advertisements

So this past summer I went to visit relatives in my parents home country. For a few days I go spend time with my moms family in her home town. While I was there, I met this girl whos family and my moms family are good friends. When I met her we spent a good 2-3 hours that night just chilling and making conversation and she even asked me for my number. However after that one time I never saw her ever again and I was really sad. After I came back to my country I re added her on my new number and we text each other (through this texting app). Heres where the issue comes: We talk to each other almost everday and shes usually the one that will say hey to me. Whenever she starts the conversation we end up talking for a good bit. However, everytime I start talking to her, the conversation ends fast and she'll use conversation killers like "lol" or "okay" and then i have nothing else to say. Heres where it gets even weirder. The other day i got pissed at how often she kills the convetsation so i stopped talking to her for one day and then the next day she messages me saying "heyyy i miss you" (as in we havent talked) yet I always feel she doesnt wanna talk to me when i talk to her. Sometimes she'll also message me saying "Where are you".

So what I need advice about is, I'm really confused why is she doing all this to me? I havent started the convo with her for a few days (today we havent talked) Should I just start a conversation with her on a regular basis and just try to keep it up or what?

To makes even more confusing she has a boyfriend and shes been with him for 4 years BUT she constantly gets into fights with him and sends me screenshots of their convos yet she tells me she doesnt wanna leave him because "she has no one else".

Thanks for reading and any advice would be appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2013, 07:58 AM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
You are a friend, there will be nothing more. I've had lots of opposite sex friends and that's all they are.

Old 09-19-2013, 10:56 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,270,967 times
You're just a friend Freddy023...hardly seems worth the anguish to me though..

Old 09-19-2013, 04:04 PM

2,976 posts, read 13,370,597 times
Too much emotional investment over nothing. You are not friends - acquaintances maybe and nothing more. This is a relationship with the depth of an ant ... move on to something more substantive.

Old 09-19-2013, 11:11 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,471,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy023 View Post
So this past summer I went to visit relatives in my parents home country. For a few days I go spend time with my moms family in her home town. While I was there, I met this girl whos family and my moms family are good friends. When I met her we spent a good 2-3 hours that night just chilling and making conversation and she even asked me for my number. However after that one time I never saw her ever again and I was really sad. After I came back to my country I re added her on my new number and we text each other (through this texting app). Heres where the issue comes: We talk to each other almost everday and shes usually the one that will say hey to me. Whenever she starts the conversation we end up talking for a good bit. However, everytime I start talking to her, the conversation ends fast and she'll use conversation killers like "lol" or "okay" and then i have nothing else to say. Heres where it gets even weirder. The other day i got pissed at how often she kills the convetsation so i stopped talking to her for one day and then the next day she messages me saying "heyyy i miss you" (as in we havent talked) yet I always feel she doesnt wanna talk to me when i talk to her. Sometimes she'll also message me saying "Where are you".

So what I need advice about is, I'm really confused why is she doing all this to me? I havent started the convo with her for a few days (today we havent talked) Should I just start a conversation with her on a regular basis and just try to keep it up or what?

To makes even more confusing she has a boyfriend and shes been with him for 4 years BUT she constantly gets into fights with him and sends me screenshots of their convos yet she tells me she doesnt wanna leave him because "she has no one else".

Thanks for reading and any advice would be appreciated
It sounds like you have been friend-zoned. She cuts you off when you talk because all she cares about is herself and what she has to say. I can't see this becoming much of a friendship.

Old 09-20-2013, 12:47 AM

6,926 posts, read 6,931,897 times
Gotta agree with the other replies. Besides she's there and you're here (wherever your "here" happens to be). You're wasting your energy with all those texts to someone who is most likely just using you to play off her BF. If she sends you pix, you can be sure she's also showing HIM your texts in an attempt to bring him in line. Start looking around for girls in the here and now. IRL trumps cyber every time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships