U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2013, 05:26 AM

12,261 posts, read 13,486,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Well, no I do have to tell the people at the place that oversees this one SOMETHING. This is a small town with what is basically a satellite Independence Center. The Center here has exactly 2 employees - Tim and "Lilly" who hates Tim and by extension me, since I (was) Tim's friend. The first words out of their mouths will be "Huh? What do you mean? That's his job."

It may be his job, but he's not doing it, and they'll want to know what's going on. Besides, it's SO unprofessional and SO unfair to other clients that might be in the same position as me for Tim to not even give them any notice, just pick up his final check and vanish.

I feel bad for Tim because I know he's probably an emotional wreck right now. He way over-reached himself attempting a professional job while indulging in such heavy marijuana use on top of his own personal difficulties. He should have been one of their clients, not one of their staff.

Bottom line, he wants to use the ADA to enable bad behavior due to his marijuana use. This also makes me mad. There's disabled people like me everywhere who want a chance at voc rehab and a chance to go back to work - no matter how humble the job or low the pay. Maybe we just need a little extra time to learn the job or maybe a disabled vet just needs an office big enough to manuever his wheelchair. People like Tim just make employers wary of hiring a disabled would-be worker and that much the harder for we who are actually authentic - which is the majority of people.

*sigh*

On top of that, I feel so sad for my fellow Coloradans who are suffering from the truly spooky torrential rains and awful flooding. The part of the state where I live has also had unusual amounts of rain, but nothing like the Boulder area. I used to live in Boulder and I was a student at CU and I still have friends in places that are now underwater. As a matter of fact, Tim's daughter who is a lovely young woman, lives in Longmont. I hope she is OK. Everyone all across Colorado is crying tonight.
Everything will work out.

Sounds like you care more about others than yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2013, 05:42 PM

2,072 posts, read 2,027,434 times
Colorado Rambler, now that I better understand the logistics of that local office, the way I see it is that you have no choice other than to tell them the truth. I realize Tim has been your friend, but as I said earlier he is now looking out for himself only, and I feel that once a person shows you who they really are, you should belive them. In other words, Tim has shown you that his first allegiance at this time is to himself, regardless of how many clients who depend on him may be damaged in the process. So you must now put yourself first, and do whatever you need to do to try to ensure that you get the help you need and deserve.
Good luck and please keep us in the loop.

Old 09-17-2013, 06:28 PM

42,712 posts, read 41,426,610 times
You should have reported him long ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships