Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2013, 06:13 PM

99,556 posts, read 4,491,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post

Hate to say this one, but it's become the truth: people who smoke cigarettes. Not a 100% rule, but the correlation of smokers and trash has gone way up, and keeps climbing. Definitely trashy if they throw their cigarette butts on the ground.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2013, 06:48 PM

1,739 posts, read 2,568,054 times
Is having tats really that trashy? I have one and am pretty conservative and mainstream. I love my tat and never worried once what anyone thought of it. It stays covered up at work, so who cares?

I think it is pretty elitist to call someone trash for using coin-operated laundry or camping. Did you ever think maybe these are just lifestyle choices?

How is renting trashy? That could be very economically wise for a large number of people, especially considering the unstable housing market and shaky recovery we're in.

Things that are TRULY trashy:
- having snobby attitudes of the less fortunate
- feeling your way of life is the only way and being completely inept to other modes of thinking
- people who are scared to express themselves creatively and look down on those who do

Seriously, is Ward Cleaver on this thread? I feel like I'm listening to some old guy with knee socks and a GOP hard-on.

Old 09-12-2013, 07:41 PM

7,214 posts, read 9,393,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
People with illegitimate children.

Tats.

Renters.

People that work on their own cars.

People that leave the car outside when they have a garage. Having more cars than you have garage space for.

People that camp.

People that use a coin operated laundry.

People with kids on the school lunch program that feel no shame.

People that cheat on a spouse. People that hit a spouse.

I could go on but I think I p***** off enough already.
You must be a blast at parties.

Old 09-12-2013, 08:53 PM

3,339 posts, read 5,989,065 times
I don't really have anything to add, but I find this thread pretty amusing. My top three are:

1. Littering

2. Guys who go out in public without a shirt on

3. Being generally rude/inconsiderate of people around you (loud cell phone conversations, loud music, out of control kids/pets, etc.)

Old 09-12-2013, 09:25 PM

24,114 posts, read 32,468,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
Guys who drive around with no shirt on. High probability of being trash.

People who go to check-cashing places instead of a bank or credit union.

People with lots of lawn ornaments in their front yard. Especially plastic ones. Especially plastic flowers.

Anyone who upon seeing a police officer says "Oh sh*t! The cops!" Related to this is anyone who is openly disrespectful to police officers.

Anyone who has at least two slip/fall or auto accident lawsuits in the works.

Anyone who asks if you know where he/she can get some oxy. Anyone who offers to sell you their oxy.

Anyone who pickets funerals of service members with "God hates f*gs" signs.

People who curse a lot in public places.

People who find the "Honey Boo Boo" show relatable.

I almost gagged and cried laughing!!!!

Since I worked in the insurance investigation field I can tell you that there is a strong coloration between "multiple slip and falls" and being trashy. In fact I'd go as far as to say that they go "hand in hand".

Here's some more -

Swearing or using bad world at your kids. As in " Shawn Preston! Get you're effin' ass over here so I can beat it!"

Having a luxury car that costs more than you're home.

Walking bare foot any wear but on to you to take a shower or at the beach or lake.

Dressing inappropriately an to Season. (if you life in a permanently warm place you get a bit of a pass on this) I mean short shorts and flip flops after Labor Day.

Wearing PJs and slippers to the bus stop.

Driving a car with a cigaret dangling out of your mouth while talking.

Long toe nails.

Old 09-12-2013, 09:35 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times
Girls and women who use the F word . It really lowers my opinion of them a lot and makes them cheap. That would be a deal breaker for me.

Don

Old 09-12-2013, 09:45 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,242,007 times
After my experiences in the last year, I'm finding it difficult to even be civil to LE, let alone polite.

I guess that makes me trash too.

I've got a lot of company.

Old 09-12-2013, 09:49 PM

22 posts, read 77,669 times
Wearing your pants so low your underwear shows from the top. Or so low your belt is near your knees. Totally trash. Totally ghetto.

Old 09-12-2013, 09:51 PM

14 posts, read 16,365 times
Burping or farting in public

Carrying your baby by its leg

Arguing or fist-fighting on your front porch

Old 09-12-2013, 09:53 PM

256 posts, read 480,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Calling people trash.
Thank you, JustJulia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships