Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2013, 10:12 AM

2,309 posts, read 4,383,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
I once witnessed a living portrait of trash when the door to a doctor's waiting room opened and there stood a young woman carrying a toddler with another child walking. The woman had a cigarette in her mouth and a tee which said "Happiness is a tight p_ssy." The last word was completely spelled out. This happened many years ago, when there were no signs about smoking not allowed.

Up-thread, someone did not consider the Kardashians as trash since they have money. Imo, money doesn't cover up their trashy behavior.

Your post reminded me that this morning at an independent coffee shop a saw a rather attractive woman in her early thirties wearing a t-shirt that said "" My other ride is your mom ""

For that I had to give her a thumbs up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2013, 11:30 AM

9,238 posts, read 22,894,483 times
Was just reminded of this one in another thread:

People who go around with their mouths hanging open. Like I said in the other thread, you could be an astrophysicist Rhodes scholar who writes symphonies, but if you always have your mouth hanging open, you look like a mentally deficient uneducated piece of trash.

I'll also add, men who wear tank-tops or "wife beaters" except in a gym, and who apparently believe that the image of a hairy male armpit is something that needs to be encountered in polite society.

Old 09-20-2013, 01:17 PM

258 posts, read 347,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage 7of7 View Post
People who refuse to speak English or at least learn it
You mean the parts of Louisiana that speaks French? Or the northern parts of Maine and Vermont that are close to French speaking Canada?

The fact of the matter is that a majority of older immigrants who didn't learn English when they were growing up find it very difficult to pick up the language. Some do but not all. Mostly, you will find that the next generation of those immigrants however speak English like the rest of America does. That's just how human beings are built. Chances are that this was the same for your ancestors as well, the ones that first immigrated to America. Unless of course you are native American.

However, saying that all immigrants *should* speak English is the same as saying "all immigrants should follow my religion" or "all immigrants should dress the same way I do" or even saying "everyone in Texas should talk like a Texan, even if they moved to Texas from another state and speak with a different accent".

Just replace "country" with "state", and "language" with "accent" and see if your definition of trashy still holds true.

Old 09-20-2013, 01:27 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,562,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i twerk hard 4 the money View Post
Mine:

1. Littering. 'Nuff said. Low-class action and if you look at most of the litter out there, it's fast food. So crap food leads to crap actions.

2. Blasting music from car or apt.

3. Tats.

4. Spitting.

5. Spinning rimz. Ever buy a book, Einstein?
I'll go with 1,2 and 4 adding animal neglect and people that talk loudly. I cannot stand people that want to include everybody within a block in their conversation. Sometimes they walk around shopping, while talking on a cell phone, so everybody can hear what they are saying. I was walking my dog in the park yesterday, and a couple of women were talking so loud, we could still hear them from the other side of the park. That is ridiculous.

Old 09-20-2013, 01:47 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,440,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asliarun View Post
You mean the parts of Louisiana that speaks French? Or the northern parts of Maine and Vermont that are close to French speaking Canada?

The fact of the matter is that a majority of older immigrants who didn't learn English when they were growing up find it very difficult to pick up the language. Some do but not all. Mostly, you will find that the next generation of those immigrants however speak English like the rest of America does. That's just how human beings are built. Chances are that this was the same for your ancestors as well, the ones that first immigrated to America. Unless of course you are native American.

However, saying that all immigrants *should* speak English is the same as saying "all immigrants should follow my religion" or "all immigrants should dress the same way I do" or even saying "everyone in Texas should talk like a Texan, even if they moved to Texas from another state and speak with a different accent".

Just replace "country" with "state", and "language" with "accent" and see if your definition of trashy still holds true.
I've never joined a forum just to tell someone off, but, quite a few years ago someone joined a forum just to scream at me. I'd made a comment about not liking the way Joe Lieberman's voice sounded, that he spoke so slowly.... very soon, a poster was screaming, RACIST!! YOU ARE A RACIST!!.
Oh, my, what a shock hearing such an ignorant accusation.

Old 09-20-2013, 02:23 PM

I wouldn't call it trashy or raunchy, but it is a peeve of mine. People that have plants and don't bother to water them. How hard can that be? Us taxpayers spend the money to plant bushes on the side of roads, but the town doesn't water them, so we get to pay to have them taken out and replanted again. That's poor management. I see similar in professional offices. Don't bother if you can't care for them. If you can't be responsible for a plant, what can you be responsible for?

Old 09-20-2013, 02:30 PM

750 posts, read 1,434,582 times
Women who buy wool winter coats with the kickpleat in the back and they don't clip the thread at the bottom that keeps the pleat flat in the store.
Trash. Dead giveaway.
There they are, walking along with a big, baggy bulge on the back of their thighs.

Old 09-20-2013, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsqueezer View Post
Women who buy wool winter coats with the kickpleat in the back and they don't clip the thread at the bottom that keeps the pleat flat in the store.
Trash. Dead giveaway.
There they are, walking along with a big, baggy bulge on the back of their thighs.
Speaking of fashion, what is with girls covering half their hands with their sleeve? They are just going to get their sleeve dirty. I don't get it, looks stupid to me.

Old 09-20-2013, 02:49 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,480,960 times
People who talk trash behind people's back

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4

Old 09-20-2013, 03:06 PM

2,094 posts, read 3,654,156 times
[quote=TracySam;31384981]Guys who drive around with no shirt on. High probability of being trash.

Hilariously disgusting and true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships