Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2013, 04:46 AM

7,934 posts, read 8,590,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWAg View Post
If an exceptionally good-looking man had that same conversation with me, my thought would still be "WTF. Go away."
Annnd you would be a liar liar pants on fire.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2013, 04:47 AM

1,911 posts, read 3,025,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Right... because all women are shallow doormats with no self-respect. Yes, if he's good-looking it doesn't matter that he just failed at his attempt to make conversation and half insulted her...she would still throw herself at him
I bet it would have been different if he was "hawt". The OP would have asked for his number rather than posted about the poor "creep" on this forum. That is the truth, whether people choose to accept it or not. It's the reality many of us live in.

Old 09-15-2013, 05:10 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,949,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWAg View Post
I'm a 20-something Masters' student in the healthcare field. I'm currently interning at a hospital. Across the street from the hospital is a Subway. I walk in and order a 6-inch Meatball Marinara sub.

There is a man, probably in his 30s, standing behind me in line. Never seen him before in my life. He's not wearing a badge from the hospital I'm interning at, but is dressed professionally in a dress shirt and khakis. He's not bad-looking, not amazing-looking, either.

Well, he says to me: "I don't know if I should tell you this, but.....the Meatball Marinara is one of the unhealthiest things at Subway."

I smile and say as politely as I can: "Really?!? Huh....Well, I'm on a food vacation, if you will."

Then the man goes: "Oh, I probably shouldn't have told you that...."

Then the convo awkwardly ends.

What in the world?!? I know full well that there are 203987283739829832873 calories in a Meatball Marinara. It looked delicious. Was this a horrible attempt to hit on me? Does he just have horrendous social skills? Or is he genuinely concerned for my well-being, since we were across from the hospital, anyway?

I'm curious....
If you are a girl then yeah, he was trying to make convo with you. However, he bombed.

He was probably walking away from Subway grumbling about the incident.

"Stupid! Stupid, Stupid!!! Why didn't you just say 'you're gunna get fat!' My word!!! I hate myself!!!"

Old 09-15-2013, 06:15 AM

4,792 posts, read 8,187,704 times
Sounds to me like an awkward attempt to make conversation.

Old 09-15-2013, 07:12 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,693,566 times
Hahaha, smooth! Maybe he takes pickup tips from Napoleon Dynamite.

I see you're drinking 1%. Is that 'cause you think you're fat? 'Cause you're not. You could be drinking whole if you wanted to.

Old 09-15-2013, 07:30 AM

3,236 posts, read 3,937,731 times
I imagine if the guy looked like Channing Tatum the OP wouldve been like "oh myyyy I'll get the veggie burger sub". As they say, its only "awkward behavior" when an ugly guy tries to get some lol.

Old 09-15-2013, 07:49 AM

1,961 posts, read 4,384,252 times
Now what would be really funny, if the guy then turned to order the tuna sub, or seafood salad.

Old 09-15-2013, 08:01 AM

12,773 posts, read 14,974,016 times
OP, if someone said a comment like that to me, I wouldn't have thought much more about it after a couple minutes, much less started a thread about it on a discussion board. At the time, I may have said to the man, "Well, to each his own." OR just laughed it off.

I'm in grad school too & I'd think you'd have enough other things on your mind with your studies than to think about this kind of thing.

But since you're obviously very curious as to what to make of his comment, I'd say either trying a feeble attempt to try to talk more with strangers...not necessarily flirt OR just wanted to make feeble small talk because he was bored standing in line. Again, I woulnd't have thought anything of it after a couple of minutes.

Old 09-15-2013, 08:57 AM

97 posts, read 101,906 times
OMG You just met Jared from Subway!!!!

Old 09-15-2013, 09:18 AM

1,409 posts, read 1,156,982 times
Your post doesnt seem to fit in this section, this section is called 'Non romantic relationships'....such as for siblings, or friends, etc. This man was a stranger in a store, youre not in a relationship with him, so......unless a stranger is considered a relationship, I just wanted to say it doesnt seem like the correct section
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships