Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2013, 08:10 AM

262 posts, read 546,596 times

Advertisements

I mean, if I think I'm pretty then I'm pretty. Right? RIGHT? RIGGHT!!? I'm kind of right, right?

I read a quote similar on Tumblr(but with more detail) but I sadly can't remember it.

Anyways, if I find myself attractive why should I care what others think of my appearance? Shouldn't it be what I think of myself instead of what others think of me? I know the logic is flawed, but if people thought that way people would be a little happier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2013, 08:36 AM

1,035 posts, read 2,060,117 times
Yes and no. You should care about what others think of your appearance if you're interested in others finding you attractive. But caring doesn't mean 1) changing your appearance just to get someone's attention or 2) changing your opinion of yourself. The problem isn't caring what others think, it's allowing what others think to control you. It's called SELF-esteem for a reason. If you think you''re pretty, then the only opinion that matters is yours and those who agree with it, heh

Old 09-15-2013, 10:08 AM

4,829 posts, read 8,724,920 times
The only opinion that counts is your own. If you're comfortable with how you look and you like the way you look, then you're fine. There's an old saying:

WHAT OTHER PEOPLE THINK OF ME IS NONE OF MY BUSINESS

If you can live this, you'll be very happy. If you want to constantly be concerned with others' opinions or likes/dislikes, you're going to be very miserable.

Old 09-15-2013, 10:25 AM

350 posts, read 709,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawaiivictim View Post
I mean, if I think I'm pretty then I'm pretty. Right? RIGHT? RIGGHT!!? I'm kind of right, right?

I read a quote similar on Tumblr(but with more detail) but I sadly can't remember it.

Anyways, if I find myself attractive why should I care what others think of my appearance? Shouldn't it be what I think of myself instead of what others think of me? I know the logic is flawed, but if people thought that way people would be a little happier.
Why do you care about what others (me) think about whether you should care about your appearance?

Old 09-15-2013, 10:31 AM

5,671 posts, read 4,349,619 times
Quote:

Keep in mind that, just the same, physical appearance isn't just something that's important to shallow people. It's important to many of the deepest of thinkers, and the best people too. Their opinions, of course, aren't necessarily important to you though....

Old 09-15-2013, 10:31 AM

22,566 posts, read 47,614,734 times
Quote:

LOL!
That attitude is why the People of Walmart site exists.
All those people think they look fine!

Old 09-15-2013, 11:07 AM

5,671 posts, read 4,349,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
LOL!
Nah...They just don't care. Physical appearance is completely irrelevant to them.

Old 09-15-2013, 11:49 AM

4,505 posts, read 6,479,590 times
^^^^^ That's not completely true! I'll bet if you asked many of them, the majority will tell you that they are hot and fashionable....ick I just vomited a bit typing that.

Unfortunately it's true!

Old 09-15-2013, 12:49 PM

31,004 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Like any social creature we respond to external interaction with our peers, bad and good. If we are shunned we typically respond in a negative manner. It's typically a self defense mechanism or denial when we say "what someone else thinks doesn't matter".

Unless you are Gandi or the Dali Llama you will develop a negative attitude if you are continously treated poorly by your peers.

Old 09-15-2013, 12:59 PM

231 posts, read 294,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
LOL!
"whateva, whateva, I do what i want" - Eric Cartman
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships