Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2013, 09:25 AM

1,035 posts, read 2,060,117 times

Advertisements

Is it just me or does it seem that most people won't tell others when something is "wrong", like when you obviously have something on your face, in your hair, on your clothes, have tissue dragging on your shoe, have your skirt/dress stuck in your panties (and haven't noticed the breeze yet ), etc?

What is that?

If you noticed someone had a smudge of ketchup or something on their face, would you just stand there talking to them without mentioning it? Are you someone who generally doesn't make people aware of things they probably would want to know about so they can take care of it, especially knowing they'll otherwise be walking around in public with it? If so, why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2013, 09:29 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,400,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberphonics View Post
Is it just me or does it seem that most people won't tell others when something is "wrong", like when you obviously have something on your face, in your hair, on your clothes, have tissue dragging on your shoe, have your skirt/dress stuck in your panties (and haven't noticed the breeze yet ), etc?

What is that?

If you noticed someone had a smudge of ketchup or something on their face, would you just stand there talking to them without mentioning it? Are you someone who generally doesn't make people aware of things they probably would want to know about so they can take care of it, especially knowing they'll probably otherwise just be walking around in public with it? If so, why?
I always say something. But the good karma hasn't come back to me so far.

I walked around most of the day at work last week with my fly open and my old faded purple granny panties showing and nobody told me.

Old 09-24-2013, 09:55 AM

LOL @ granny panties. Also, I feel like I already posted this topic for some reason. Or maybe it's deja vu. I'm too lazy to go look.

Old 09-24-2013, 10:23 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,134,340 times
Trust me. The other person would definitely want to know.

Old 09-24-2013, 10:31 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
I tell them. My boss once had a big green booger hanging out of his nose. Just hand someone a box of tissues, say something very bland like, "You have something on your face," keep your face expressionless and never mention it again. Five seconds and it's done. Don't laugh, don't look grossed out or surprised, just "oops, you have something in your teeth" and move the conversation along.

Old 09-24-2013, 12:36 PM

218 posts, read 544,159 times
I'm a teller. B/c it's the knowing that someone didn't tell you hours earlier that makes me uncomfy.

I'd rather be told and so I return the favor in advance !!

For example, noticing that someone was wearing their shirt inside out at work during lunch and it was obvious b/c the tag was hanging out.
uhhhh.....and NO one told this person. doh! *awkward*

Once went on a first date and somehow ended up with a big piece of glitter on the side of my nose. Know it was there before the date b/c something had fallen down on me in my closet that had glitter. Thought I had gotten all of it, but nooooooo....lol....came home after the date and saw it in the mirror. Erm....embarrassing. Why didn't the guy SAY something!?!? Who *does* that?!?!?

Old 09-24-2013, 01:15 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,133,683 times
Telling someone would make both of us uncomfortable. (The person would get embarassed and that doesn't feel good).

So I think that most people just try to avoid being in an uncomfortable situation.

Some people don't feel uncomfortable, they are the ones who say things.

However, sometimes I push myself to say it, realizing that it would be better for the other person if I do (even if it's making me uncomfortable)

Old 09-24-2013, 02:56 PM

6,811 posts, read 6,941,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveWisdom View Post
Telling someone would make both of us uncomfortable. (The person would get embarassed and that doesn't feel good).

So I think that most people just try to avoid being in an uncomfortable situation.

Some people don't feel uncomfortable, they are the ones who say things.

However, sometimes I push myself to say it, realizing that it would be better for the other person if I do (even if it's making me uncomfortable)
I would much rather suffer the embarrassment of being told, then discovering the problem later, and realize everyone I came in contact with that day saw the broccoli stuck in my teeth.

Old 09-24-2013, 03:13 PM

Thanks, all! This came to mind the last time I left the dentist, got home, and realized I had a ton of schmutz on my cheeks and lower half of my face from the work I had done. It was too light to feel but really obvious so I thought well great, not the dentist, the assistant, or the receptionists who checked me out felt like they should mention I looked like I fought a powdered donut before I left even though they knew why? lol

Old 09-24-2013, 05:34 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,345,842 times
I always tell the person if there is something on their face or they are having wardrobe malfunctions. I drove up next to a lady today who had a stink bug on her window and I told her so she could put her window up and avoid the stink bug being in her car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships