Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2013, 04:08 PM

358 posts, read 1,056,933 times

Advertisements

OMG! There are so many things that need to be said in this thread:

Moderator cut: snip

Third, is my advice to the OP. I am terribly sorry for your situation. Unfortunately, I think the police can take your dog until you prove it is your dog. Hopefully, you have documentation; if you don’t, ask the police to make your mom prove it was her dog to sell. Then the police will know you didn’t approve the sale.

I would ask your mom why she thought you abused items you purchased and how she thought it was her business to take things away from her. I would ask because I would be curious to know her point of view and I think it could make her think what she did to you. Iterate you love her and appreciated her letting you stay with you, but if she doesn’t return your items and respect that you are an adult now, you don’t think you can maintain a relationship with her anymore. Very tough love indeed, but if I think if you don’t demand respect from her now, she won’t give it in the future.

Last edited by 7G9C4J2; 09-29-2013 at 05:56 PM.. Reason: deleted orphaned sections that responded to posts that were subsequently deleted
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2013, 04:27 PM

10,662 posts, read 9,321,367 times
Did you talk about it with her, but also with your father ? Maybe it's not the first time she's done weird things and there is an issue that needs to be taken care of.

Old 09-29-2013, 04:28 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,656,695 times
something don't sound right about this story, two sides to every story you know. but if what you are saying is true then your mother is out of line here. try to work it out between the two of you and get you father in on it also and if that don't work then use the legal system. best of luck

Old 09-29-2013, 05:51 PM

58 posts, read 78,255 times
Get a way from the crazy woman as quickly as possible. Do NOT let her stay in your apartment. Call the police and get them to get your stuff back. Your mother stole your computer, your phone, and your dog. She has NO say how you use anything. None. She's completely, batsheet, crazy.

Old 09-29-2013, 06:04 PM

2,802 posts, read 3,190,365 times
Since you're living on your own and paying your own bills, she has absolutely no dominion over you. Get the police involved and get your stuff back. She sounds unstable. Perhaps moving out of the apartment and not telling her where you're living in the future would be best. The same goes for people who may be loyal to her. Don't tell them where you're living, and try to stay away from social networking sites.

Old 09-29-2013, 06:06 PM

501 posts, read 801,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabil23 View Post
i think this is a family business and my advice to you is to ask her why she did that ,whatever u do try to not scrow up u relation ship with your mother because family more importen then a dog
Whether or not you feel a dog is important or not does not give the mother any right to just sell something that does not belong to her. People and their pets bond and the OP has the dog for a reason, it could be that she felt more love from the dog than her own mother. The relationship between the OP and the mother is already screwed up; the mother sounds like someone who is controlling and cruel. The mother has no rights to do anything to the OP's personal things unless the OP has displayed developmental issues, but this is clearly not the case. The OP needs to take a firm stand and demand her mother give back everything she stole.

Old 09-29-2013, 06:53 PM

15 posts, read 50,962 times
Default Reply.

Ok, my mom was staying with me because I am an only child of only children, and my dad was out of town and did not trust my mother to be at their home by herself. Things like this happened in the past and two months ago the doctors said she was in the early stages of dementia, and she is scitziophrinic. I have been borrowing my former roommate's old laptop, that's how the thread was posted. As for it being 2 am, that's when I finoshed my homework, because I had to work late. The lady who had come to my door hadn't paid for my dog yet, she was there to pay and pick it up. I'm going to call the police tomarrow after class on my friends cell.

Old 09-29-2013, 07:05 PM

10,114 posts, read 19,406,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RileyAlexandria View Post
Ok, my mom was staying with me because I am an only child of only children, and my dad was out of town and did not trust my mother to be at their home by herself. Things like this happened in the past and two months ago the doctors said she was in the early stages of dementia, and she is scitziophrinic. I have been borrowing my former roommate's old laptop, that's how the thread was posted. As for it being 2 am, that's when I finoshed my homework, because I had to work late. The lady who had come to my door hadn't paid for my dog yet, she was there to pay and pick it up. I'm going to call the police tomarrow after class on my friends cell.

do you have any vet bills you paid? That could establish ownership for the dog. Or anything you paid, such as a kennel, pet food,m anything to establish you provided support for the animal should establish ownership. Good Luck

Old 09-29-2013, 07:16 PM

15 posts, read 50,962 times
Yeah. I have the papers from when I got her chipped and the registration for AKC and her tags.

Old 09-29-2013, 07:56 PM

258 posts, read 421,934 times
I hate to say it but I think you need to be more protective of your belongings around your mother. Do not let anything of value out of sight, and lock up anything in your apartment of value while she is there.

You may want to consider whether or not there are more therapeutic places she can stay if your father has to go out of town in the future, if she needs supervision like this and he isn't making it his #1 priority to provide that supervision, something more permanent will have to be done.

~Katy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships