Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 02:39 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,559,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by diane107 View Post
I recently started a new job which is part time. I'm looking for a more permanent full time job. Due to finances I live with my parents for now. My parents went out of town this past weekend and my sister came to town on Saturday night for a short visit and to attend a family event. I was short on money this weekend and I didn't get paid until today. I made the decision on Friday to wait until today to do get some grocery items that were needed. Yesterday morning, my sister blew up at me because there wasn't eggs or milk in the house. She complained that there was nothing to eat and that I wasn't being hospitable. My parents keep a good stock of stuff like meats, poultry, fish, and stuff like potatoes, beans, and rice. Lunch and dinner meals would have been ok. We also have breakfast food that doesn't require milk like oatmeal, fruit,and pancakes. I made those suggestions to my sister in addition to peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for breakfast and she freaked out when I mentioned pb&j sandwiches.

I was upset that my sister freaked out because there wasn't eggs to milk for one meal. I know eating something like peanut butter sandwiches isn't ideal for breakfast, but I think it is better than having nothing at all. She also refused oatmeal and pancakes.

I'm really irritated that my sister acted liked there wasn't nothing to eat for breakfast. Would any of you be pissed by this? Or would any of be upset if certain foods weren't available at a relative's home?
Certainly not, she is being a spoiled brat. She could have offered to take you out, if she has money to blow. She could have been grateful for whatever you offered, but she chose to complain instead. Her problem, not yours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2013, 03:01 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,941,970 times
By any chance, did your sister grow up thinking of herself as a "princess"?

Old 10-08-2013, 03:14 PM

993 posts, read 1,560,031 times
How old is your sister? Also, what kind of pancakes don't have milk in the recipe?

She was definitely being bratty, but, to be fair, I think that milk and eggs are pretty essential items to always have stocked in your fridge.

Old 10-08-2013, 03:14 PM

10 posts, read 10,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Certainly not, she is being a spoiled brat. She could have offered to take you out, if she has money to blow. She could have been grateful for whatever you offered, but she chose to complain instead. Her problem, not yours.
She herself doesn't have a lot of money. She is a single mom. That sort of made me mad because she should at least realize that many people hit rough times. I was also mad that she wasn't grateful that were other options.

Old 10-08-2013, 03:20 PM

10 posts, read 10,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sade693 View Post
How old is your sister? Also, what kind of pancakes don't have milk in the recipe?

She was definitely being bratty, but, to be fair, I think that milk and eggs are pretty essential items to always have stocked in your fridge.
She is 36. We have Krusteax pancake mix that doesn't require milk. I agree with you for the most part on eggs and milk being essential due to milk being needed for some things. But I still feel that were a quite bit of options and my sister was only here on Sunday morning.

Old 10-08-2013, 03:59 PM

1,215 posts, read 2,582,359 times
Your sister sounds like a real piece of work.

Old 10-08-2013, 05:57 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,132,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Or, when she first complained about the lack of milk and eggs:

"Oh, gosh! You're right! Hey, do me a favor and run down to the store and get some. While you're there, get anything else you'd like. Oh, yeah, and here's the grocery list I started - it won't be any trouble for you to pick up bread, sliced ham, butter, apples, tomatoes and bananas, since you're already making the milk and egg run. Thanks a bunch - I know Mom and Dad will appreciate your thoughtfulness and generosity!"

Then watch Ms Entitled's jaw drop.

Old 10-08-2013, 08:16 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
Haha, showing up to raid mom and dad's fridge while they are away is such a moocher move.

Wait, she is thirty-six? Oh good grief. I was thinking she was some freshly minted 20-year-old living off ramen.

Old 10-08-2013, 10:09 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,888,561 times
I would have spent hours blogging bout it.

Old 10-08-2013, 11:49 PM

107 posts, read 181,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
id be putting some alpo in her hamburger helper, or peeing in her orange juice
Dear mainebrokerman, I must respectfully decline your generous offer of meal & accommodations
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships