Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2013, 10:21 AM

3,032 posts, read 4,735,265 times

Advertisements

Yeah, I think we are the only ones who know and he keeps saying that it could have been someone else and this girl thought that he egged her house when he didn't. (not sure if he did or if he didn't! it happened a few days after they broke up and I guess she asked him about it before blocking him from social media accounts) He keeps saying that if the cops asked him about that, he will use that to "discredit her." And it's like, "no, you're acting psycho.... they will think you did it all!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2013, 09:23 PM

41 posts, read 103,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Thank God she broke up with him and didn't marry him! Just planning marriage after 2 months is crazy, IMO. This sounds like the kind of guy who is very insecure, would be very controlling, and like the type of guy who goes and shoots his wife if she tries to leave him.
I think that's very premature to say that. You know those women who scratch people's cars for cheating on them? Well, I guess they are also unstable and would shoot their husbands if they tried to leave??? It's the exact same kind of generalization. The way he reacted does not indicate that he would become violent, it indicates that he was very emotionally invested, maybe a bit too much, and reacted in an equally strong emotional way - and emotions are often not based on logic. If he ever hit her or slapped her, unprovoked (meaning in defense), that may indicate that he would possibly do something violent to her. Until then, any generalization of violence is just dumb assumption.

Old 10-11-2013, 09:50 PM

41 posts, read 103,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAILANI View Post
Are you people CRAZY?? Don't suggest that she tell on him.. He is going to know who told then get some sort of revenge on her or her boyfriend. They are probably the only two people he has told..
Just cut all ties with him and insist your bf does the same.
Get far away from that mess!
Yeah, you're right, we should just do nothing and thereby validate that they can continue to abuse us Knowing that something will likely happen and preparing for it, is still a better than doing nothing and hoping nothing will happen in turn. If two people are witness to his crime, that may be enough to hold up in court for charging him for vandalism or simply getting a restraining order. Then it's time to get a gun. If he violates the restraining order and attacked, then that would very likely justify shooting him in defense (this is not legal advice). Would I be scared of him? Not a damn bit!

Point: even if you can't get a restraining order, you need to find a way to defend yourself. Praying and leaving your defense up to God isn't a very good strategy.

Old 10-12-2013, 09:23 PM

1,263 posts, read 3,281,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomlikeme View Post
Yeah, I think we are the only ones who know and he keeps saying that it could have been someone else and this girl thought that he egged her house when he didn't. (not sure if he did or if he didn't! it happened a few days after they broke up and I guess she asked him about it before blocking him from social media accounts) He keeps saying that if the cops asked him about that, he will use that to "discredit her." And it's like, "no, you're acting psycho.... they will think you did it all!"
Sounds like he egged her house too, and mentioned it to you to test your reaction. Who else would egg the house of a woman in her mid-20s...other than the guy who also put water in her gas tank?! I'm sure she's figured out that it was him with the water, too.

As another poster said, do NOT tell her in case it gets back to him that it was you. He'll vandalize your stuff out of revenge. No normal 23 yr old man does this stuff - stay away from him before you get entangled with his craziness!

Old 10-13-2013, 02:53 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,083,908 times
im sorry but I think you should give your bf the bottom line , if he wants to be and or stay friends with this guy you are not going to be sticking around so to please dump this guy or you are getting gone in a hurry . I would not trust this guy for one minute . what if you bf is his next victim . Nope I would report him without anyone knowing just drop a phone call to her insurance company . I would be so away from him it is not even funny . You and your bf need to cut him out of your life pronto .

Old 10-13-2013, 09:03 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,730,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Put yourself in her place. I would definitely appreciate the heads up.

I would just FB her a message saying something like, "You don't know me but my boyfriend is friends with your ex and he's the one who put water in your gas tank, and he is still talking nutty stuff about you. Just wanted you to be aware that he seems kinda unbalanced, in case he tries something else."
This us horrible advice. The police would be arresting him in a heartbeat and forcing the OP to testify. Who knows if that would make her the next target.

Old 10-15-2013, 06:33 AM

50,768 posts, read 36,474,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperPlanes View Post
I think that's very premature to say that. You know those women who scratch people's cars for cheating on them? Well, I guess they are also unstable and would shoot their husbands if they tried to leave??? It's the exact same kind of generalization. The way he reacted does not indicate that he would become violent, it indicates that he was very emotionally invested, maybe a bit too much, and reacted in an equally strong emotional way - and emotions are often not based on logic. If he ever hit her or slapped her, unprovoked (meaning in defense), that may indicate that he would possibly do something violent to her. Until then, any generalization of violence is just dumb assumption.
Yes, they are unstable, too.

Old 10-15-2013, 02:55 PM

16,711 posts, read 19,410,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperPlanes View Post
Um no, whether it's a man or a woman who does it, either way they have bigtime issues. No normal person will damage another person's property over this. Married for 30 years or going out for a week, either way they should go to jail because it's a fecking crime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships