Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 09:07 PM

23,221 posts, read 29,034,905 times

Advertisements

For some people, their ego's are too gigantuan to apologize, and I can't understand that and accept that.

Myself, too egotistical, I take a very roundabout way of apologizing, and if they missed my apologetic behavior, then so be it!

Look carefully for these type of people apologizing to you without your knowing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2013, 09:23 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,991,475 times
My brother has a hard time admitting his faults and apologizing. He's been that way since childhood, so I just shake my head and laugh. It's not a good look for an adult, but his choice.

Old 10-29-2013, 09:46 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,145,293 times
For some reason I can't copy previous posts.Regarding the mother who is asked to order pills at least three days in advance-----that does not mean that the daughter/caregiver doesn't love her. It may mean that she wants the rest of her life to run smoother. "Sorry, Mom I can not 'dash out' RIGHT NOW to get your meds as I am in the middle of making dinner/giving you a bath/helping my daughter with homework." "Didn't you notice yesterday, when I made a trip to the pharmacy, that you only had two pills left?"It may also mean that the pharmacy is an expensive 10 mile car trip away that uses gas, car wear & tear and time much more often than is needed.I am in the beginning care giving of a relative with brain damage. I order my pills through the mail and get 3 months of pills for the cost of 2 months of pills. No matter how much the doctors and I insist that my relative does it that way he refuses. It would save him about $1,500 a year just for the medicine.He also waits until he only has one or a few pills left so there are costly and inconvenient drives to the pharmacy almost every day for one or more of his 25 or so prescriptions. Sometimes I just want to curl up on the couch or go to sleep and my relative is demanded that I drive to the pharmacy RIGHT THEN because he is out or almost out of something and the pharmacy closes at 10 PM. I wish that he would have discovered his need for pills when I made my last trip to the pharmacy just four hours previously.PS. He is not will to have anyone "help" him organize his pills as of yet.

Old 10-30-2013, 05:12 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,189,754 times
Do any of you have friends or relatives that refuse to apologize ?

One in particular and he is quickly running out of friends...won't be long before he has nobody around to whom he has to apologize.

Old 10-30-2013, 06:58 AM

6,720 posts, read 8,388,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
well see that is the difference between me and you , I would die for my mother no matter how she treated me ....
Why would you die for your mother? You would hurt yourself figuratively,to do whatever your mom wanted, when a simple plan could be set in place? I would rather put a plan into place that benefited both of us. My mother would not want me to sacrifice my life to help her if it could be avoided. That way we are both happy, and she would still get everything she needed.

Old 10-30-2013, 07:50 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
Quote:
I was just wondering if anyone else has gone through this . I have a few friends and some relatives who refuse to apologize for anything wrong they do and Im tired of it . I have all but cut them out of my life but for obvious reasons have to keep on good terms with family members . I just hate the fact that they never apologize it drives me nuts . How about the rest of you ?

Maybe they don't think they have anything to apologize for

Old 10-30-2013, 08:45 PM

88,567 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Maybe they don't think they have anything to apologize for
Bingo. I get the impression that some people get knotted up because they are expecting an apology from someone who has no idea that an apology is expected from them.

We just don't play those games in my family. One of my sisters stayed with me last year when her daughter came down to run a marathon. I gave her my bed. She complained about it. She complained that my house was too hot. She complained about my cats sitting on the couch. Another sister came the next day and I told her what a pita the younger one was being.

And we ended up laughing over her orneriness. Was I supposed to curl up in a mope because I didn't get an apology??? Would never have occurred to me to expect one.

Old 10-30-2013, 08:48 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,953,883 times
When I cut someone out of life, it is a done deal; they no longer exist to me. I am that way.

Old 10-30-2013, 11:43 PM

3,199 posts, read 7,826,033 times
I don't think my mom has ever apologized. I am always the one who does even if I feel I am correct. I don't like being in an argument and that causes me more stress so I just say sorry for any disagreement we have.
My grandfather also feels he is never wrong. My dad even jokes about how it can be clear as day he is wrong and 100 people could tell him but he still feels he is right. My grandpa is my moms dad so there similar in that way.

Old 11-01-2013, 02:37 AM

5,696 posts, read 19,141,697 times
Quote:
I was just wondering if anyone else has gone through this . I have a few friends and some relatives who refuse to apologize for anything wrong they do and Im tired of it . I have all but cut them out of my life but for obvious reasons have to keep on good terms with family members . I just hate the fact that they never apologize it drives me nuts . How about the rest of you ?
Yep, my in-laws. They don't apologize. Whatever behavior is dismissed with excuses, like the excuses are the apology.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships