Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 12:17 PM

3,032 posts, read 4,733,446 times

Advertisements

I've got a 10 year coming up, but mine is pretty funny to me.

i've seen this posted on the facebook page multiple times:

"yo, i dropped out but can i still go even tho i didnt graduate?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2013, 01:05 PM

45,323 posts, read 60,500,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post

By the time you hit your late 50s, the old miseries and embarrassments of HS get buried under the realization that, hey, ain't it amazing we're still here????
The above. I went to the 5th, 10th, 25th and 40th (last year). I wasn't as socially maladjusted as many people on here seem to have been but for a lot of reasons there were many class members I just wasn't interested in hanging out with. Funny thing, those are the ones that don't go to the reunions in many cases.

This last one there were several people I wanted to see whom I hadn't seen since graduation or shortly after and they all went, also.

As the poster I quoted said, after 4 decades a lot of the old issues have gone away, life has a way of slapping you down. Roughly 10% of the class (around 20 people) have died, with a couple who went to the reunion dying a couple weeks later.

It was decided that there will be an attempt to do one next year when we all turn 60.

Old 11-11-2013, 01:11 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel.garza.108 View Post
My 5 year high school reunion is next year. I graduated in 2009. I didn't enjoy high school due some problems that I had with my classmates. And there is already talks of a 5 year class reunion next summer. I think that's ridiculous. I honestly don't even care about 95 percent of my class. I know what people are up to through word of mouth and on Facebook anyways. And I'm getting sick and tired of the constant letters and Facebook messages from the reunion organizer (who was only at our school for 3 years and did not graduate with us) about the reunion. Since I refuse to pay money to stand in a haphazardly decorated hotel ballroom, sipping $6 scotch and sodas while Soulja Boy's "Crank That (Soulja Boy)" plays over rented AV equipment.

And as for the messages that the organizer sends me they are the following:

I can ignore these, but recently, my close—and somewhat intelligent—friends started an email thread of their own, urging everyone to attend.

And I'm on the border line of not going as well since when I’m 23 do I really want to be spending a Saturday night recreating prom? NO!

Does anyone else have this feeling at all about their class reunions if they have one coming up or is it just me?
I'm not going to mine. them other classmates who never liked me anyway. My current life kicks a*& to much to be bothered to go back to the HS days.

Old 11-11-2013, 02:10 PM

20,756 posts, read 19,951,234 times
Not going to mine either.

I am still in contact with the people I care about and don't give a crap about the rest. I looked some up at facebook to see how they look like now, that's enough. Got the satisfaction that most are fat and/or ugly and/or bald. Don't need more.

I am not willing to pay $$$ to see people I tried to forget and to hear (partially fake) stories on how awesome their life has turned out.

Old 11-11-2013, 02:22 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Didn't go to mine. Was invited through FB and got a saccharine sweet message from one of the 'organizers' asking me to donate and come. I wrote her a really nice letter reminding her of the fact that she and her friends held me down and cut off all my hair freshman year, then started a rumor that I had HIV which then caused me to drop out of HS and graduate early through continuation.

Interestingly enough, she didn't respond. Who knew? My life is pretty awesome now and I don't really need to rehash the past with a bunch of people I never liked to begin with.

Old 11-11-2013, 02:27 PM

45,323 posts, read 60,500,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Didn't go to mine. Was invited through FB and got a saccharine sweet message from one of the 'organizers' asking me to donate and come. I wrote her a really nice letter reminding her of the fact that she and her friends held me down and cut off all my hair freshman year, then started a rumor that I had HIV which then caused me to drop out of HS and graduate early through continuation.

Interestingly enough, she didn't respond. Who knew? My life is pretty awesome now and I don't really need to rehash the past with a bunch of people I never liked to begin with.
Did she know that you'd grown up to be an Amazon Woman?

(I'm teasing you)

Old 11-11-2013, 03:11 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,155,231 times
Don't go. A lot of people don't go. Most schools don't even have a 5 year.

Old 11-11-2013, 03:29 PM

3,830 posts, read 4,661,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
The above. I went to the 5th, 10th, 25th and 40th (last year). I wasn't as socially maladjusted as many people on here seem to have been but for a lot of reasons there were many class members I just wasn't interested in hanging out with. Funny thing, those are the ones that don't go to the reunions in many cases.
This is so true. I went to my 5 year and all the losers didn't show up. It was great. 10 year is coming up in December and I'm most certainly going.

Old 11-11-2013, 03:49 PM

19,968 posts, read 30,200,655 times
if its stressing you now----then dont go at all

if you are getting hounded,,,,tell them you are going,,,to quiet them,,then text,,,you have a stomach flu on the day

Old 11-11-2013, 04:00 PM

469 posts, read 913,017 times
Easy: Dont Go!!!

I have never been to a reunion and its been over 30 years since high school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships