Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2013, 08:04 PM

8,797 posts, read 6,127,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
It takes at least 10 years -- maybe 15 -- for all the high school nonsense to fade away. I wouldn't give this person another thought for another 10 years, at least.
Yeah I agree any bitter or hard feelings fade after 10 to 15 years. I'm now over 20 years removed from high school I would see any surprise contact from former classmates as an invasion of privacy more than anything else at this point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2013, 08:22 PM

2,195 posts, read 2,571,043 times
I don't talk to anyone I went to high school with much less hold a grudge. I don't even remember the names of the people who tortured me in High School. They aren't worth it. Just move on.

Old 11-15-2013, 08:30 PM

874 posts, read 1,258,688 times
No way.

I actually have had several people apologize to me for various things over the years, and I always look at them completely bewildered because I can't remember a damn thing. I was never bothered by bullying when it was happening, and I certainly don't elect to remember crap, haha. I'm happy to remember my good memories! Why would you hold onto anything less?

Old 11-15-2013, 10:17 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,239,233 times
Just get to be as old as I am and you will barely remember the people you went to high school with.

Old 11-15-2013, 10:54 PM

1,095 posts, read 1,622,755 times
This disagreement happened when I was in 11th grade. That's going on 6 years ago. I have no idea how someone could still be so angry for that long. Like get over it.

Old 11-15-2013, 10:54 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,667,404 times
I hardly talk to anyone from high school.

Old 11-15-2013, 11:28 PM

4,152 posts, read 4,390,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aboveordinary View Post
I graduated from high school in 2009. I'm a 22 year old guy. There are a few people (mostly just one girl) that hates me so much that she blocked me on Facebook. I ran into her the other day and said Hi and was just trying to be nice and she says "ew" and gives me a dirty look. but we graduated over 4 years ago. We are all grown now. Anything that happened in high school is just that. I was a senior in high school 5 years ago. I don't even remember why this girl is mad at me. I know I shouldn't let it bother me now, but my school was small so everybody knows everybody and talks to each other. I have a Facebook page and have seen people I went to school with, but wasn't sure if I should say hello or anything because I don't know how they would react.

Am I just overreacting or do some of you still hold grudges from people you went to high school with?
Overreacting... Just smile and laugh when someone acts that immature and move on. "Facebook, what's facebook?" (That's the attitude you may want to adopt).

Last edited by ciceropolo; 11-15-2013 at 11:29 PM.. Reason: additional

Old 11-15-2013, 11:33 PM

34,814 posts, read 30,867,528 times
I have some issues with people I knew in high school, but these people are either dead or will likely never be in my life again. Those differences can't be patched over and I've moved on, but that doesn't mean I'm okay with what happened.

All the inconsequential drama is in the past. Occasionally I'll get some really odd comment or friend request on Facebook, but I blow it off. Oddly enough, I didn't really know the person I'm now closest with from high school back then. We're still close and I'm still in love, but it had little or nothing to do with our shared high school experience.

Old 11-15-2013, 11:52 PM

1,095 posts, read 1,622,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciceropolo View Post
Overreacting... Just smile and laugh when someone acts that immature and move on. "Facebook, what's facebook?" (That's the attitude you may want to adopt).
Thanks. I actually deactivated my facebook for a while just to take a break from it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emigrations View Post

All the inconsequential drama is in the past.
That's how I feel. I remember that this incident happened in 11th grade. I remember that she completely ignored me the rest of that school year as well as all of senior year and that's all I remember. I know she blocked me from Facebook because I can't see her posts on our mutual friend's statuses. All I see is my friends talking to themselves. If I saw her again, I would apologize. I just think it's ridiculous to be mad about something that long after high school.

Old 11-16-2013, 12:03 AM

6,587 posts, read 5,832,938 times
To the OP I would say, yes, it's a normal thing for people to carry grudges well beyond graduation from high school. Fortunately, you are out in the real world now, and can make real friends and forget about some of those jerks from school. If some person still holds a grudge against you for whatever reason, it's on them to work through it. You were both kids and they should get over it already.

I was bullied a lot all through school. I hated some of those kids and fantasized all kinds of vengeance. I'm over it today, several decades later, but I'm sure the scars are still there. There are some things you just can't forget, and forgiveness is not easy. Still, life goes on. If I ran into any of them today I'd be polite and gracious and we'd probably have a merry old time reminiscing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships