Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2013, 11:05 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,197,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Who cares what they thought then and why in the world would it matter now what they think or do?
So what, someone blocked you on facebook and said ew......
Is this such a crisis that you are wasting time and energy in your life to worry with it?
An actual "mature adult" would not have let it bother them then and would let it bother them even less now so many years later and they certainly would not be asking on a public forum if they are "overreacting".
Furthermore, the girl that said "ew" and blocked you on Facebook has obviously not grown at all into any sort of maturity and tolerance whatsoever. I would consider it a "favor" as you would not want to spend any time with this person and even communicating with someone like that. The few seconds of pain and disappointment when she said "Ew" is much better than having to deal with her neuroses and immaturity on a regular basis.

Everyone else liked you, so move on realizing there are small number of people that will always be dysfunctional and trying to relate to them is useless. She closed the door saving you unnecessary time.

Forget about it and enjoy your life. Concentrate on all the other people that like you instead!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2013, 11:15 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,197,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by non-creep View Post
Yes. Still hurts. Most of them went off to college but chances are those who were a a s h o l e s at 17/18 will still be the same way at 22 / 23 and into their 30s and beyond. It's a cruel and harsh lesson when you realize that people don't cease being cruel.
The ones that continue being like that will also always wonder and complain "Why am I among the first to be laid off at companies"? This one is common, too: "I never hear from person A, B, C, any longer? I wonder why."

So they are not only cruel, they are usually clueless, too. The people they hurt the most in the end are themselves. Bad karma sucks, right? Just desserts and zero sympathy from me and most other people. I was lucky they had "targets"" other than me in high school. I was middle of the road in popularity in HS...best of both worlds. You are not targeted by the losers and there were no unrealistic expectations of how to behave and who to be friends with (pressure to be in cliques) like the most popular kids had.

Old 11-15-2013, 11:27 PM

1,095 posts, read 1,631,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
Furthermore, the girl that said "ew" and blocked you on Facebook has obviously not grown at all into any sort of maturity and tolerance whatsoever. I would consider it a "favor" as you would not want to spend any time with this person and even communicating with someone like that. The few seconds of pain and disappointment when she said "Ew" is much better than having to deal with her neuroses and immaturity on a regular basis.

Everyone else liked you, so move on realizing there are small number of people that will always be dysfunctional and trying to relate to them is useless. She closed the door saving you unnecessary time.

Forget about it and enjoy your life. Concentrate on all the other people that like you instead!
Thank you. My biggest fear is that she will tell others we went to school with (if she hasn't already) and then they aren't going to want to talk to me either. Even though I've been out of high school for a while, I still talk with people on Facebook and at college.

Old 11-15-2013, 11:38 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,938,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aboveordinary View Post
I didn't bully her. From what I remember there was a disagreement between us and I might have said something that made her angry. It must have been bad enough that she is still upset about it so many years later. I would apologize but I don't have any contact with her. I was bullied a lot in high school. I had markers and pencils thrown at me, was called names. I never bullied anyone. I was always the one being bullied. There is actually a 5 year reunion being held soon but I'm not going.
Yea but lots of bullies don't think of themselves that way, they think "oh yeah, we used to just joke how fat and ugly she was, it was all in good fun" but the other person considered it bullying.

Old 11-15-2013, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
Yea but lots of bullies don't think of themselves that way, they think "oh yeah, we used to just joke how fat and ugly she was, it was all in good fun" but the other person considered it bullying.
That's not what happened. I definitely didn't call her fat or ugly. It had more to do with friend drama that I got dragged into.

Old 11-16-2013, 12:03 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Quote:
Thank you. My biggest fear is that she will tell others we went to school with (if she hasn't already) and then they aren't going to want to talk to me either. Even though I've been out of high school for a while, I still talk with people on Facebook and at college.
What the hell did you do to her? You have to keep it a secret 6 years later?

Old 11-16-2013, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
What the hell did you do to her? You have to keep it a secret 6 years later?
Seriously? All I remember is it was friend drama and I took the wrong side in the disagreement. Nothing serious. Calm down. But you know how some girls exaggerate and make things sound worse than they actually are.

Old 11-16-2013, 12:29 AM

3,398 posts, read 6,082,768 times
Quote:
Yes, It does matter to me when people from school say things like "ew" when they see me. I'm the type of person that doesn't like anybody being mad at me.
I'll tell you something: the world is a cruel, harsh place. If your skin doesn't grow thicker, you're going to be eaten alive as an adult.

People are going to be mad at you for one reason or another, some logical, some totally stupid.

You can't control how people treat you but you can control how you react towards their treatment of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angrymillionaire View Post
Great thread. Most people do and I do too. I was relieved to find out my high school prom queen is still single, childless, no house still living in a one bedroom apartment! Ironically she is still as hot as she was in high school. Her eyes were a tad bit lighter than mines, fast forward I got the husband & the son & she got the toilet paper lol!
Hey, I live in a one bedroom apartment!

Seriously though, it just proves that no matter how hot she is, someone out there got tired of her crap! LOL.

Old 11-16-2013, 12:30 AM

1,074 posts, read 1,797,396 times
You must have gone to a really small High School. My advice would be to make good friends at college and just move on and try to forget about her. Your college friends will, in many cases, remain good friends for a lifetime. As you get older, your life will go in many new directions and you will forget about this. If you see old friends from your HS, you can be friendly, but chances are there just won't be that level of closeness anymore.

Old 11-16-2013, 12:50 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Quote:
Seriously? All I remember is it was friend drama and I took the wrong side in the disagreement. Nothing serious. Calm down. But you know how some girls exaggerate and make things sound worse than they actually are.
I'll wager it was more than a simple disagreement if she is still angry and you are still ashamed of your friends finding out. Explore that. Perhaps a belated apology is in order?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships